Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Smallville 3x09 "Asylum" Episode Discussion

3x09 - "Asylum"
Lex teams up with three krypto-villians to lure Clark to the hospital to enlist his help in escaping after he hears that Lionel has requested Lex be given electroshock therapy to erase his memory. However, the plan goes awry when the villains double-cross Lex and use kryptonite to steal Clark’s powers. Meanwhile, Lana meets a mysterious new stranger in the hospital.

  

Last edited by broken melody; 10-09-2016 at 03:02 AM
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Just a note--if you're totally spoiler free, I wouldn't venture into this thread until after the ep airs in the US. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Shannen

[ 01-13-2004: Message edited BuckeyeFan ]
Old 01-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

I just want to say that I'm really looking forward to new episodes and the direction that the show is taking [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Absolute Fan

OMG Ian and Tom in one episode both liking Lana, How lucky is Kristin Kreuk?

I cannot wait for this episode, I have been wanting to see Ian and Tom work together for along time, just becuase I think they look like brother's, maybe they will get into a fight and rip eachother's shirts off.

(Crosses Fingers)
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I am extremely looking forward to this episode. It sounds awesome. And then of course, you have Shawn Ashmore, Jesse Metcalfe, AND Ian Somerhalder guesting. Gah, I can't wait.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh my holy goodness, am I supposed to love Adam this much??? Love, LOVE him! Finally, someone to confront Lana and tear down that pedestal. Wow, I think I just found my favorite ever Lana ship. She needs someone like him. Besides, Adam was very wrong: Lana LOVES to reminded of the painful times in her life.

What a pretty group of guest stars this week! Was I the only one waiting for "Eric" to freeze something?

Um, Lana "just wants Clark to be happy" and yet she tells him not to be around her anymore because he puts her in danger? Ah, what a sweetheart she is, what boy doesn't want to hear that? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Martha didn't have to tell her to look out for her own happiness, that's all Lana cares about anyway.

Lionel...wow. I underestimated his evilness. Any yet, I still love him.

Good son Lex is creepy. I want old Lex back. On the upside, lots o' Clex lovin in this eppy. Face cradling,

Chlark! Investigating! "You and Chloe taking up this charge!" I love them being reportery together.

Sniffles, poor hurt Clark. It's a good thing Lana is doing all this because she wants to make Clark happy. Bah.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode was definitely interesting and it has been a long time coming. I feel so sorry for Lex. He is such a puppet and Lionel holds all the strings. No wonder Lex turns evil in the future. All though I had to laugh at the end when Lionel discovers that Lex found out Clark's secret and that the ECT erased it all. Karma ain't it a b**ch.
I think there is definitely a huge rift between Clark and Lana. I think we can kiss a relationship between the two goodbye for now. They both care deeply for each other but neither is willing to give in. Oh well guess we can't have everything.
It was good to see Pete again. I was beginning to he vanished into an abyss. It was also nice to see Jonathan, Shawn, and Jesse again. I think what was most moving about this episode was the look on Clark's face after Lex's memory has been played with and Lionel has gotten away with murder. I can see the burden he carries and the anger he carries. Someday he will get Lionel but I am not sure it will be anytime soon.
The next couple of eps. will prove interesting. I will be curious to see what happens between Adam and Lana. I know it is not going to be anything permanent and I think that he has some secrets of his own that might end up driving Lana away from him. But we shall see. It will definitely be interesting to see how Clark deals with be blind in next weeks episode.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Total Fan

This is my reward for waiting forever for a new episode [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I absolutely loved Michael's performance [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]... although i must agree, the new Lex creeps me out ::shivers::

I loved the guest line up... although its interesting how they all ended up in the same assylum. :wink:

Anyway I think that Adam would be good for Lana... just because i have that "feeling." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

All in all i loved this episode, and i cant wait till next week [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Sam
So f*** yourself
And f*** this bleeding heart of mine*
~InCuBuS~
Friends4ever7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I think this is one of my favorites episodes. It Rocked. By The Way Kristin looked hot during this episode. I'll post more about it later

~PH
Old 01-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Ditto on Lex's performance, and Pete's return (and performance, though not a large part).

It was very satisfying at the end to know that Lionel had effectively prevented himself from learning Clark's secret from Lex.

Anyone notice the kryptonite-colored lampshade in the Kent's kitchen in the scene with the despondent Clark? Very fitting. As if his joy had been sapped.

And at Lana's party: all the guys in superman-colored t-shirts.
shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did everyone sneeze or cough when Lex smirked while hugging Clark???!? He REMEMBERS all of it! The electrical thing obviously didn't do what it was supposed to due to the power down and all...I don't think there's a "new" Lex...he's gonna be playing everyone just like Lionel did with the blindness. No spoilers...just my opinion but I mean it's all right there.

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited Dark omega zer0 ]

Dr. Bashir:
"...a doctor."
Dark omega zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Wow. Michael, John G and Tom were all on tonight. Kudos to them. THIS is Smallville, y'all. Lex Luthor and Clark Kent and the power struggle between them.

Lana....still don't care. But Ian Somerhalder is freeking hot, man. Yum. Bring on the prettiness!

Pete! I love you, Pete.

Chloe and Clark back together...investigating, at least. Yay!

One of the better episodes. See, writers? Cut the Clana and focus on the Lex!

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Addicted Fan

it was cool being able to see 3 previous villans in this episode, because usually they only have one episode then viewers forget about them, but this episode showed where some of them end up, and how they still hate clark.
and michael's performance was pretty good.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Pretty good episode tonight. Tom, Michael, and John were all absolutely excellent. They were all really convincing and showed their emotions really well. HappyLex was scary. And Pete was back! And actually had lines and chances to act! He didn't disappear into the dark abyss like we all thought.

It was cool to see 3 FotWs back. Especially Shawn Ashmore. I love him. Jesse Metcalfe is great too. Its refreshing to see him not play whiny, loyal dog Miguel on Passions for once.

I like Lana and Adam! And I repeat, Ian Somerhalder is so freaking delicious. But, Lana and Adam are very straightforward with each other. There's not of that 'I love you but I can't be with you but I love you' crap that Clana have. I can't wait to see things unfold between them.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Absolute Fan

OMG, I still love Clark and Lana, but Damn, Ian is gorgeous, I have always thought he is gorgeous. His eyes and rosey cheeks, OMG (faints) I would love to be in KK's shoes. Ian and Tom, how lucky can one girl get?

I loved MR is this epsiode, he is a terrific actor, very sexy when he is a bad boy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I really hope Ian stays on for a while, even though he is there for Lana and I love Clark & Lana, I cannot help but want to see Ian, I do love his hair in ROA better then in Smallville, but hey who cares, I hope they let his shirt come off soon [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited +*~*+SASHA+*~*+ ]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread