Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 06:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Smallville 3x16 "Crisis" Episode Discussion

3x16 - "Crisis"
Clark receives a panicked call from Lana and hears a gunshot before the line goes dead, but when he arrives at the Talon he is stunned to discover she is alive and well. Clark realizes the phone call came from the next day and that Adam is the one who will shoot Lana. Upon taking Clark to the Luthorcorp lab where Adam was being kept, Lex finds all of the staff murdered and suspects his father is behind it.

  

Last edited by eternalfate; 10-19-2016 at 12:55 PM
BuckeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

The only reason this episode is interesting to me is because of the Luthor/Adam storyline.

Lana in danger again, though. UGH.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Supreme Fan

When I saw the previews for this ep, it didn't really catch my eye, but I just got done watching. I thought it was a good ep..it kept me on edge and thinking the whole time. I loved the ending...when Lana sort of ran right into Clark's arms..sorry, I'm a shipper..
The whole eppie kept me thinking which I really liked...and it kept me thinking through both the storylines..the one concerning Lana and the one w/ Lex and Lionel..
The very end.. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] wow...didn't see that coming.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

The concept behind tonights ep. was very interesting. It was nice to see a team effort in working the whole thing out. It was an interesting end to the whole Adam storyline. It was touching to see him be nice to Clark in his final minutes and give Clark the heads up about Lionel. After this ep. I am not sure where this leaves Clark and Lana. But it seems like they could get back together but who knows anymore.

And then there is Lionel. He is the biggest rat bastard ever. He tries to set up Lex to take the fall for the deaths of those in the lab and I don't blame Lex for wanting to bring Lionel down. Although I seemed to notice a little tearing as he said it. I never would have guessed that Lionel was dying either. Now everything makes sense. That is why he is so interested in Clark. Of course everyone knows he would never blow his brains out. I always pictured him as a swan diver myself. I am sad there is no new ep. next week but I can't wait till Christopher Reeves makes his appearance.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

This episode felt like it went be so quick, it felt like less then an hour to me! I don't know what made it that way...maybe because we sorta knew the end and were waiting to see what would be done to prevent it(I was nearly positive they wouldn't kill her off but it's not like TV hasn't done it to us befor). I didn't really like how Clark saved her in the last split second and all but I DID like the part with Clark and Adam, so I can't say I didn't like it because it led to that.

OK at the beginning when it said the whole thing about parental supervision or whatever made me think the episode was going to be really scarryI(I'd never seen it say that befor but I'm a very new watcher so...) and I sorta freaked myself out and I changed the station when Chole got to the Kents house with Adam and I was so sure that he was going to come up behind them so I changed it(I'm a scardy cat I know!)! It turned out I was wrong and I tuned back in right when Mr.Kent steped out of the house with the gun...could someone fill me in on the minuite or so I missed please?

That music at the end scean was driving me insane lol! Verry depressing music... I'm not convinsed Lionel killed himself though...I mean we didn't hear a gun shot. If we did I MIGHT have believed it but you never know.

(Ya I liked when she ran to clark too lol)

Luke & Lor. | Dawson & Joey |Max & Liz | Harry & Hermione | George & Izzie
Imaginary_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Having just watched the episode without watching it carefully again [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]...All I can say is that episode felt "rushed" and like they were trying to do too many things at once. The writers were all over the place with it, but I can definitely say that Lionel won't be killing himself anytime soon. They need to make more believable cliffhangers than suicide from the guy who'll do anything to stay alive.

From the ending of this episode I also got a feeling now that Adam is out of the picture that Clark/Lana will start up that wonderful angst of theirs and just torture us with an endless array of "loft sunset scenes" to end this season3.

I'll be back with more thoughts later [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

'lex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DawsonsCreekFan9:
<STRONG>It turned out I was wrong and I tuned back in right when Mr.Kent steped out of the house with the gun...could someone fill me in on the minuite or so I missed please?</STRONG>
Lana and Pa Kent wondered why Chloe wasn't getting out of the truck, so he went to check and told Lana to lock the door behind him.

I think this was a much better episode than I was expecting. It was rescued by the Lex/Lionel/adam storyline. Had it just been "Lana needs to be saved...again," it would have sucked, the futuristic phone call line was dumb.

I was spoiled, so i knew about Lionel's consition, but it was still interesting to have everything finally come together. His interest in the serum project makes much more sense now.

Lex this week, though. Wow. Finally, some of that old spark. Somehow the evil has been lacking, IMO. But watching him leave his father flustered and later make a deal to turn him in? Ah yes, that's the arch nemesis in the making that we all know and love.

With Papa Luthor on the way out, I'm very excited to see Lex start to take firmer control of the Luthor empire. He's been under Lionel's shadow for far too long.

Oh and Chloe! Yay! We got much more of her than I was expecting. And dude, she risked her life tonight to save Lana's. Anybody who ever questions Chloe's loyalty after this eppy will have a huge rant from me coming their way.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Lex looked hot tonight. And Adam was all wet...mmm...wet Adam. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Another awesome Luthor family dynamic episode from Souders and Peterson. But...uh...writers? If you kill off Lionel? I will never watch your show again. Not even for Lex. The Mane of Magnificence stays. Got it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I'm seriously scared that they'll kill off Lionel.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Total Fan

FINALLY!

an episode worth watching, IMO... these last few episodes havent captured my attention, but this one has, finally.

I got shivers when Lex told Lionell that he wanted to be part of the "experiment." And I really wish they wouldnt kill Lionell off... he makes the show partly interesting~!~

The whole thing with Lana in trouble again.... bla*

All in all I loved this eppie*

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Sam
So f*** yourself
And f*** this bleeding heart of mine*
~InCuBuS~
Friends4ever7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl:
<STRONG>Lex looked hot tonight. And Adam was all wet...mmm...wet Adam. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Another awesome Luthor family dynamic episode from Souders and Peterson. But...uh...writers? If you kill off Lionel? I will never watch your show again. Not even for Lex. The Mane of Magnificence stays. Got it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I'm seriously scared that they'll kill off Lionel.</STRONG>
Sigh, I love Lionel too. I want him to get with Martha and have lots of little evil babies who love organic apple pie. Sniffles, I miss the Lionel/Martha storyline; that was the best.

After Chloe, he's my favorite character on the show. As much as I love him, I think he has to go sometime in order for Lex to get to the level of evil power that he has to. I think it should happen at the end of next season though. Just think, Clark will be going off to college, living in the semi-real world and getting out from under his parent's constant guidance. All the while, Lex will be the new head of Luthorcorp/Lexcorp. I think it would be one of those nice parallels that the writers love so much.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Agreed. For the story to continue to develop, Lionel eventually has to go. They're reaching that breaking point, slowly but surely. And I for one can't wait to see what it brings about for Lex.

Tonight's episode was good, much better than the past few episodes. I got into this one, wasn't tempted to turn the channels or do something else.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Here's the ratings from MediaWeek.com (for overnight)

Quote:
WB's Smallville (5.1/ 8) and UPN's fading Star Trek: Enterprise (3.7/ 6).
Smallville has gained .3 more than last week's episode... Resurrection got 4.8!

Stephan
Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Extreme Fan

oh. my. gosh. the clana saving call from the future storyline was average. the lex/lionel storyline was like... wow. I wasn't sure he was telling the truth about the liver disease at first either, but then he looked at the printout that said it. and he pulled out the gun and... I was all alone at that point with like a really big screen in high def and... I was literally almost screaming. I remembered my training; gun to the head can be comical, gun in the mouth is always serious. just, wow. I'm rewatching it again right now.
MissShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Addicted Fan

It feels like there was a scene missing near the end. First, we see Lionel recruiting a new doctor to take over the project. While the doctor is looking toward a more realistic timetable, Lionel wants it done faster, telling him he has this liver disease.

Next, we see Lionel contemplating suicide because he's got a terminal diagnosis?

Ummm...what?

That makes no sense. Lionel obviously knew his disease was terminal *weeks* ago--I mean, you don't whip up serums that can raise the dead if your condition can be treated with a little OR action. So this shouldn't be any suprise to Lionel that he's dying. I mean, he even told the new doctor that he was out of options, which means Lionel is well aware of the fact that he's dying.

So there had to be a scene missing, something where the doctor tells Lionel he just can't take the project on, or where an intern falls over and breaks the entire supply of serum vials or *something* to make Lionel's situation more hopeless than it was 5 minutes previously. Because the way the scene is shot, it looks like Lionel is all stunned to get that report and suddenly find out he's dying, when his actions previously indicate that this is not news to him.

But other than that, and some really goofy plot holes about time travel, it was an OK episode.

Shannen
Old 03-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry, but how stupid is Lana anyway? There were so many dumb things she did tonight, first just standing in the window of the Kent's house and watching as Bo got beat down and Chloe too, I mean was she watching herself in the relection or what?

Then her Royal Pinkness had the chance to grab the gun, but no she grabs the cell phone and says the exact same thing she said in the future call, how dumb was she?

I was praying for Adam to get in one good shot and then Clark had to come in and thus we got our weekly Clana scene of doom.

Allison and Michael acted their butts off though, and props to Ian for his work as well. Kristen and Tom, go take acting lessons please!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]