Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Smallville 3x10 "Whisper" Episode Discussion

3x10 - "Whisper"
Attempting to stop a robbery, Clark is temporarily blinded when he shoots off a burst of heat vision that is accidentally reflected back into his eyes by a piece of kryptonite and soon realizes his body has developed super-hearing to compensate for his lack of sight. However, as it was in the beginning with his other gifts, Clark doesn’t quite have his new power under control.

  

Last edited by broken melody; 10-09-2016 at 03:02 AM
BuckeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

This looks like a good episode, but when are they gonna get to the flying? The x-ray vision, strength, super speed and enhanced hearing are cool, and all, but I wanna see Clark fly.

--Mark Twain
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Addicted Fan

no flight, no tights. That's smallville's policy. We will never see clark actually learn and harness the power of flight. we may see little teasers about it like when he controlled himself in the tornado, but that will prolly be it.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

So I guess we know when Clark gets his glasses...but he adjusts and they go away, right?

Anyway, how did Lex get out of the asylum? When do we get to see Lana in phys. therapy? I read all that in spoliers, I could be wrong.

But what's up with next week's preview? Haven't we had enough of Lana playing "Puppet" to a guy?
Old 01-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Tonights episode was great. Pete was actually in it. It was nice to see him back in the thick of things again even if it means him getting abducted. Just some general thoughts.

Tom Welling did a good job playing a blind man. That and he looked really good in those shades. I am not sure I was a fan of him and the glasses but at least he won't have to wear them, at least for now.

The whole thing with Chloe, damn. First she hurts Clark when he finds out about her deal with Lionel. Then when gets a backbone and stands up to the bastard himself she ends up not only losing her job at the Daily Planet but she also manages to cause her father to lose his job. I can't believe Lex is still his father's puppet. I thought he was so much smarter than that.

Clark and Lana: What can I say anymore. Although there were some good moments between them tonight I can't help but point out that the whole situation has become like a broken record endlessly repeating itself with no sign of ending. If calling it off with Clark hurts Lana that much then why doesn't she just take him back and end the torture trip we have been put on. Karma can come back to bit her in the ass sometime down the road. I actually think that would be kind of funny.

All in all good ep. I liked Martha's reference to Clark and Jonathan not being "Supermen".

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Hmm...I don't know whether I liked this eppy or not.

The Chlark fight was a little anti-climatic. I was expecting a huge blow-up a la Lineage. Tom played that scene incredibly controlled. Felt off to me.

My only strong reaction was the thought that Chloe has chutzpah, nerve, courage etc out the wazoo. Threatening Lionel to his face? I knew I liked her for a reason.

Also, Lana is one whacked girl. She wants him around, she wants him to stay away, she wants to be there for him, she wants to stay away from him. Gah! Make up your mind! Yeah, still hate her.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:24 PM
New Fan

This was a pretty good episode, nothing too special and whatnot. And Lana and Clark just need to get together already! Also, I was wondering if anyone knows what song was playing as Lana left the barn. (towards the end of the episode). Thanks.
Chocolate Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:41 AM
Addicted Fan

they didnt really explain how that dude got the ability to do that thing with his vocal chords, which i thought was a negative to the episode. it's like they just put in a villian without explaining much about how he got the ability. are we supposed to assume that he got them from the kryptonite?
Old 01-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi,

Does anyone know what was the ratings for the episode, "Whisper"?

Thanks to anyone who provided the information! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Stephan
Old 01-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Addicted Fan

About Lex being Lionel's puppet:
Is he? Or does he just want to convince Lionel he is?

About the guy with the vocal chords:
Do they even have to explain the freak-of-the-week anymore? The meteor hit. He was there. He got powers.

Clark and Lana:
STOP! PLEASE STOP! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF THIS CIRCULAR STORY! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 05:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephan R:
<STRONG>Hi,

Does anyone know what was the ratings for the episode, "Whisper"?

Thanks to anyone who provided the information! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Stephan</STRONG>
According to Zap2It, it finished with a 5.1/8. American Idol and The Apprentice both took big chunks out of the ratings for everything that aired at 8PM.

Shannen
Old 01-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you Shannen for the info! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Stephan
Old 01-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildcat492002:
<STRONG>Clark and Lana: What can I say anymore. Although there were some good moments between them tonight I can't help but point out that the whole situation has become like a broken record endlessly repeating itself with no sign of ending.</STRONG>
Everything on Smallville is like a broken record if you think about it...Just in this episode alone we were reminded on the same things..

This was what, the 3rd time Clark yelled at Chloe for putting digging into his background?! A storyline that I'm sure going to keep coming up...

Then we have the endless Lex trying to prove himself to his father that he's strong and very capable of going through with things. Which been happening since season one and we have yet gone anywhere with that... seems endless, but we know it ends. Just like with Clana.

So ALL of Smallville's characters have the same following plots...Which is much like our lives, which is basically based around the same elements for a while, till those end and we're stuck with new ones.

Quote:
If calling it off with Clark hurts Lana that much then why doesn't she just take him back and end the torture trip we have been put on. Karma can come back to bit her in the ass sometime down the road. I actually think that would be kind of funny.
If I recall correctly, Clark called it off with her which then led to Lana trying to make things go back... but Clark kept pulling away, pushing away which then led her to finally say--"I think it's best if we keep our distances, because this is basically what you wanted since you broke up with me."

Which she did, but then out of nowhere he becomes blind and he's back to wanting her in his life... do you see anything wrong with that? I sure do!

7 episodes of pushing...then out of nowhere he's no longer able to see he then wants her there with him?!

Hence the ending, Lana still very much in love with Clark... but she doesn't want to be hurt anymore, she has given so much to Clark to have not the same return to her. She was already begining to finally move on from him, to have him throw "I don't want to be alone anymore." on her lap.

So Lana doesn't want to be with him again because she's scared he'll pull out once things get hard again... so she rather try something new with Adam (blah) who willing to open up and at least represent to her a refresh new start in life post her heart break with Clark.

Which is why she cried in the car... because she's trying to break away from Clark, logically it's the right thing to do but in her heart she still linked to him...

Just like how Clark felt in the start of this season, he was still very much in love with Lana, but for her best well being he ended it even though it hurt.

Lana is now going through the same feelings, she wants to be with him...but since he not willing to open up and be there for her 100% emotionally, she's scared that she'll end up broken hearted again.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Also, I was wondering if anyone knows what song was playing as Lana left the barn. (towards the end of the episode). Thanks.
That's what I was wondering too. I heard the first two lines and thought "Ooh I like that song", but I don't think they told at the end of the ep or maybe I was out of the room at the time or something. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I really hope someone knows what that song was and who sings it. It was really pretty! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"You're the ONLY woman I've ever loved."- Lucas to Sami

"I want you, I love you."
"Lucas, I love you too."- Lumi (Days)
JessesMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's Cold and Empty by Kid Rock....

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread