Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2020, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

^ About 2/3 of the episodes listed here, I have never watched. So I appreciate that you guys were quick to help out.

I'm very close to beginning my season 8-10 rewatch.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I would love to do a rewatch with you all again soon! But in the meantime, enjoy your Season 8-10 rewatch! Season is my favorite season, Lois and Clark at the Daily Planet front and center where they belong, no more Clana, no more high school. It’s a great season for Clois.

*Topic Change* IMO Smallville waited too long for Lois and Clark to be together. The show should’ve really been focusing on Clois romantically by mid Season 5. Thoughts?

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 06-23-2020, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I have always thought S4 was the last time Clana was a thing S5 should have been a single Clark accepting he and Lana were not meant to be. S6 would be the beginnings if attraction for Clois. S7 would be where they entertain dating. S8-9 should have been them official with S10 dedicated to an actual wedding and Clark becoming Superman.

No back and forth nonsense. Use the remainder of KKs episodes to develop a friendship rather than the mess they gave us between S6-8
Old 06-25-2020, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I might do a live board re-watch soon when I need to get to #200 since I'll be finish with the new Clois OP eventually. lol

Well we can thank DC Comics for interfering and not allowing Clois to happen on Smallville during season 4-6 as well.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, I really felt that by the end of season 5, Clois should've been really romantically aware of their feelings. They should've toyed with it a bit and played out the UST throughout the first half of season 6, but really Clois the relationship should have been about three seasons earlier than actually scheduled. At least that's my opinion.

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 06-26-2020, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, it was a bit of a bummer.
On the bright side, by the time they did get together, they had a solid foundation on which to build a healthy romance. As I was viewing the episodes you guys recommended, I could see the growth of respect, trust, and admiration between these two. Avoiding messy drama.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Radio (View Post)
Yeah, it was a bit of a bummer.
On the bright side, by the time they did get together, they had a solid foundation on which to build a healthy romance. As I was viewing the episodes you guys recommended, I could see the growth of respect, trust, and admiration between these two. Avoiding messy drama.
That's definitely a plus.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I completely agree and that's what I loved about it. When Clark and Lois get together you can see how much they grew to get to that point and how the attraction was kind of always there but they pretended that it wasn't.

Miros I am not sure you'll be watching this but this was also one of my favorite scenes before they got together romantically because it showed shades of how close Lois had gotten to Clark. She was sad that Clark was leaving town.

Old 06-27-2020, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Tia, I hadn’t seen that one. Thanks for posting!

For me, I like the growth throughout the seasons in Lois's response to comforting Clark. I think it was in the episode when Alicia died where Lois was still awkward about consoling him, but by the time 7x20 aired, she didn't hesitate for a second in comforting Clark with a big embrace.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep! and you see why I added 4x12 to the list for episodes for you to watch right? I saw the posted list and I had to hurry and make sure you watched "Pariah" lol The episode doesn't have a lot of Clois scenes however it has ONE important significant scene and even the scene at the end with Lois and Chloe sort of foreshadowed how Lois reaction would be whenever she found out the truth about what Clark could do!

Stopping Clark from killing someone was just huge! To have Lois be that person to do it was a great moment for Smallville writers! thank you.

Since you didn't watch the scene, here it goes for you.

They also had a few decent scenes in 7x01... although the main great one was with Lois and Bizarro!Clark. You might like it actually.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Oh thanks for the video!! And yes, I watched every episode that you guys recommended.

I also appreciated that there wasn’t a love triangle between Lois, Clark, and Lana in seasons 4-7. Although Lois may have felt some attraction to Clark, she didn’t put herself into that crazy mix. She left them alone and did her own thing -and with a couple of superheroes to boot.

Also, I am now in season 8. The nature of their bantering has taken a turn towards the flirtier side, especially from Clark.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It wasn't a triangle ... thankfully but for season 8 I'll always skip 8x12 - 8x14. Don't need to endure that nonsense again. One time was enough.

I did enjoy how they were written for the most part because we got to see their growth happen in a different way compared to the other versions of Clois.

Their banter was always one of the highlights of their relationship. lol
Old 06-27-2020, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
It wasn't a triangle ... thankfully but for season 8 I'll always skip 8x12 - 8x14. Don't need to endure that nonsense again. One time was enough.

I did enjoy how they were written for the most part because we got to see their growth happen in a different way compared to the other versions of Clois.

Their banter was always one of the highlights of their relationship. lol
Yes those episodes should be avoided at all times, they are like a hideous pimple in the middle of someone's face. Not good for anyone. That aside, there is a tiny moment in one episode (don't bother looking it up) where Clark is talking with Chloe about his situation. It's as if he's trying to justify to himself why his going back to the old relationship (because it's familiar and safe) but then there's this new (and exciting) thing he's finding with Lois. There's a whimsical way he says Lois' name, like he can't really describe her because he's never met anyone truly like her. It's an oasis in the middle of that arc but then it's down hill after that (because he makes the wrong choice) and then thankfully, it's all over for good.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh the first time I ran into those episodes, I watched them in fast forward. After that, I just skipped them altogether. The way Clark seemed to drop Lois like a hot potato at the first glance of Lana was not cool.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but in 8x05, under pressure, Lois admitted to loving Clark (which she later denied ). At what point do you think she started to feel that way? For me it’s hard to tell since she typically masked her vulnerable side well.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ The issue is that it was written badly. When Lana returned back in season 8 it didn't seem like it impacted him that much... he even went as far as saying that he accomplished a lot with her being away... and he pretty much told Chloe he couldn't put into words how he felt about Lois.
However I can sort of forgive it because Clark didn't realize his feelings for Lois and he wasn't in love with her yet... I believe Clark fell in love or realized he was in love when he thought Lois died in 8x22 ... that was the moment he cut off everyone and decided to get his training from Jor-El, when he saw Lois again in 9x01... that changed everything!

In the alternative timeline in 9x09 "Pandora" we saw what happened if Clark went on beliving that Lois had died, he was pretty much sad and said he died when Lois left... and gave away his dad's watch to save her life.

Um with Lois... as odd as this is, I felt that certain moments of season 7 showed Lois growing closer to Clark and having feelings towards him. When he was going to leave town in 7x02, in Siren when she had comfort in him being there. The awkward punch in 7x18. 8x01 when Clark said they were going to be partners and in front of him she doesn't seem pleased but when he leaves she smiles. So, I felt she was crushing on him in season 7... late season 7 and grew to love him during the first 3 episodes of season 8 when they became partners.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top