Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping and praying that the new Supergirl will also mean a new Lois Lane and Clark Kent for us.
Spoiler:
...and with all the Superman mentions I'm hoping that it's only a matter of time until Lois and Clark guest star on the show.

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 08-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

I really hope so! We need Clark and Lois on tv again!

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I totally agree with you... which is why the DC Comics 52 is just stupid right now but I'm not that concerned because I'm hopeful, about five years from now Clark and Lois will be okay again.

I'm drawn to each version as well. Even though I always know they are going to fall in love, the journey is never boring to watch and I think it's because Lois and Clark bring out such different sides of each other and they are both strong characters individually so when you put these two strong characters together, you get magic.

They do have a beautiful, iconic great love story and it won't ever get played out. It will just keep growing.
Yeah, the New 52 has done some...interesting things. But the thing that gets me is that, even when they reset the universe and had a chance to say "these two people are not even the least bit remotely interested in each other and never have been and don't even think about them ever being into each other" (particularly given Didio's decree against permanent relationships), they've still made it clear that Lois and Clark are meant to be together and are the true OTP. So even when they have a chance to unwrite it and supposedly have no intention at the present of pursuing it, they STILL have to acknowledge that these two people belong together.

And they will pursue that story again at some point, I'm sure. They can try to "generate interest" be undoing the relationship, but given that in the movies (which, okay, I hated Man of Steel in large part) they know they have to put them together...it's just funny to me because it's clear that there is a lot more interest in having that story explored than in totally ignoring it.

Eventually DC will come around to realizing that, too. If not under Didio then under his successor.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

I haven't read the 52 comics personally but I have seen online that even though Clark is with Diana he's still pretty much in love with Lois. It does suck that we have to have them separated and with others but their connection is still pretty much there from what I've heard.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 08-04-2015, 05:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah. There was an issue where Superman was about to have sex with Diana, and he calls it off so that he can carry Lois's incorporeal astral projection home. And Diana's like "Oh yeah, that's totally fine and not at all weird you would blow off your current girlfriend off so you can hang with your old flame's ghost!" But let's be honest. His ass should've been punched all the way back to Krypton. Even Lois was like, "Uh… You know I can't be hurt like this, right? So it's kind of silly for you to carry me home…" And he's like, "I KNOW BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER TO CARRY YOU SAFELY HOME EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T TOUCH YOU!"

But I spoke with some comic artists/writers lately and they made it clear they think...well, essentially, they said that the New 52 isn't a "real Superman." And I don't really get why DC is hard lining the "no lasting romance" rule. Did it thinks heroes falling in love with ONE person is boring. Well, romance novels are all about two people finding each other, falling in love, overcoming obstacles, realizing they want to be with only that person for the rest of their lives...and are a billion dollar industry every year, so, man, I guess he's right. Who would want to get in on THAT money?

Romance sells for a reason. But ACTUAL romance sells, where you actively root for these two people to get together. Not where it's clearly an attempt to create buzz and both parties are OBVIOUSLY in love with other people and even if they weren't your company has decreed nobody gets a Happily Ever After love anyway so what's the point?

Ah, well. At least in live action, they realize they have to go with Lois and Clark. I don't even want to think about the crap they're doing to Lois at this very moment in comic books. It made me drop almost all my DC titles, it's so bad... I haven't been this mad since the Arc of Suck.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
Yeah, the New 52 has done some...interesting things. But the thing that gets me is that, even when they reset the universe and had a chance to say "these two people are not even the least bit remotely interested in each other and never have been and don't even think about them ever being into each other" (particularly given Didio's decree against permanent relationships), they've still made it clear that Lois and Clark are meant to be together and are the true OTP. So even when they have a chance to unwrite it and supposedly have no intention at the present of pursuing it, they STILL have to acknowledge that these two people belong together.

And they will pursue that story again at some point, I'm sure. They can try to "generate interest" be undoing the relationship, but given that in the movies (which, okay, I hated Man of Steel in large part) they know they have to put them together...it's just funny to me because it's clear that there is a lot more interest in having that story explored than in totally ignoring it.

Eventually DC will come around to realizing that, too. If not under Didio then under his successor.

I can agree with that... but man you don't get how much it disgust.... no frustrates me to see Superman and WW... just heck no. It just does not work in any universe. We all know Lois and Clark are meant to be and no amount of re-writes can ever change that.

I do agree with your post though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping and praying that the new Supergirl will also mean a new Lois Lane and Clark Kent for us.
Spoiler:
...and with all the Superman mentions I'm hoping that it's only a matter of time until Lois and Clark guest star on the show.

I hope so as well, when I heard about that casting news I was just like. I really hope so.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
Yeah. There was an issue where Superman was about to have sex with Diana, and he calls it off so that he can carry Lois's incorporeal astral projection home. And Diana's like "Oh yeah, that's totally fine and not at all weird you would blow off your current girlfriend off so you can hang with your old flame's ghost!" But let's be honest. His ass should've been punched all the way back to Krypton. Even Lois was like, "Uh… You know I can't be hurt like this, right? So it's kind of silly for you to carry me home…" And he's like, "I KNOW BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER TO CARRY YOU SAFELY HOME EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T TOUCH YOU!"

But I spoke with some comic artists/writers lately and they made it clear they think...well, essentially, they said that the New 52 isn't a "real Superman." And I don't really get why DC is hard lining the "no lasting romance" rule. Did it thinks heroes falling in love with ONE person is boring. Well, romance novels are all about two people finding each other, falling in love, overcoming obstacles, realizing they want to be with only that person for the rest of their lives...and are a billion dollar industry every year, so, man, I guess he's right. Who would want to get in on THAT money?

Romance sells for a reason. But ACTUAL romance sells, where you actively root for these two people to get together. Not where it's clearly an attempt to create buzz and both parties are OBVIOUSLY in love with other people and even if they weren't your company has decreed nobody gets a Happily Ever After love anyway so what's the point?

Ah, well. At least in live action, they realize they have to go with Lois and Clark. I don't even want to think about the crap they're doing to Lois at this very moment in comic books. It made me drop almost all my DC titles, it's so bad... I haven't been this mad since the Arc of Suck.

Now, I'm freaking scared and angry I can't believe they'd be dumb enough to touch such an iconic character. IA about romance selling, I like when my super heroes fall in love and find the one. Hence me being such a Clois, Olicity and Westallen shipper. I like to watch their love stories unfold because it's as important to their characterization as it is to their journey's as heroes. These girls shape them and help them become the heroes their meant to he. So sad that current DC fail to realize this. Not all male readers hate romance I've met quite a few that love the romance as much as they do the action and suspense of a comic book. I'm so glad live action EP's feel different about the romance they know it does sell,it attracts both male and female audience, generating buzz and $$$ for them.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 08-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think with live action they also realize they HAVE to do the iconic romances because they're catering to a larger audience. Most people around the world know about Superman and Lois Lane so I'm pretty sure anyone who watches a Superman related movie/show would be like "What the hell?" if TPTB tried to pair up Clark with anyone other than Lois.
Rachel
Old 08-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
I think with live action they also realize they HAVE to do the iconic romances because they're catering to a larger audience. Most people around the world know about Superman and Lois Lane so I'm pretty sure anyone who watches a Superman related movie/show would be like "What the hell?" if TPTB tried to pair up Clark with anyone other than Lois.

Yup and that just goes to tell you, that ruining them in the comics doesn't make much sense. In the end it doesn't make sense to change what's worked. Lois and Clark.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Yup.. beside wth? they'd cry bloody murder if Clark was ever paired with anyone else in live action.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 08-06-2015, 01:00 AM
MD7
Passionate Fan

Old 08-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww. Love seeing them so nervous and in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
Yup.. beside wth? they'd cry bloody murder if Clark was ever paired with anyone else in live action.

That'd be an disaster, seeing Clark with someone else in live action. Let's hope we won't ever have to see that.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

xinfinity for that to never happen.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 08-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
xinfinity for that to never happen.
Let's definitely hope for that to not ever happen.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm pretty sure their would be an outcry and any movies without the would flop.

I love that scene with Clark cutting Lois off with the kiss and then how nervous he looks after like he's scared about how she'll react but he just couldn't help himself
Rachel
Closed Thread   Post New Thread