Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Smallville 9x06 "Crossfire" Episode Discussion

Official Description

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 6th episode of Season 9 of "Smallville". Titled "Crossfire", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Friday, October 30th on The CW.

OLIVER TAKES DC COMICS’ CHARACTER SPEEDY UNDER HIS WING — Oliver (Justin Hartley) tries to help a young street girl, Mia AKA Speedy (guest star Elise Gatien), get out of her dangerous life by offering to train her, but Mia double crosses him. Lois (Erica Durance) asks Clark (Tom Welling) to help her land a job as an on-air television host, but the two are shocked when the station wants to hire them as a team. Allison Mack, Cassidy Freeman and Callum Blue also star.

Written by Holly Henderson & Don Whitehead
Directed by Michael Rohl

Videos

CW Trailer | Canadian Trailer | Webclip

Episode Stills

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 10-29-2009 at 08:51 AM
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay post away.
Rachel
Old 10-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Ohhhh, I'm looking forward to this

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too.
Rachel
Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm interested in the premise...and curious why Lois would want another full time job
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Passionate Fan

looking forward to that kiss

kfrancis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Clois kiss! That is all.

Snow Charming
Lessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

This is gonna be so much fun. Thanks for starting it, Rach.

Sharon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

After 5 years our payoff has finally arrived. Can't believe it's actually happening.

I also can't wait for Cat Grant! I've always loved Lois and Cat's bickering on Lois & Clark, let's see what they do with it on SV.

Peterson says this is probably the funniest episode they've ever done. Can't wait.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wahoo, Clois kiss scene, can't wait!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait.
Chase.This.Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not a bad episode.

Ollie/Speedy- Their story wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. It was actually kind of boring sad to say.

Chloe/Stewart- I gotta admit I loved how these two cyber geeks were playing chess with one another! It was fun. And I loved how Chloe recruited him at the end. Definately a great addition to Watchtower. And do I detect the hint of a new love interest for Chlo?

Clois- Definately the highlight of the episode! Everything from their banter, to the jealousy and then of course that monumental kiss. So glad they saved that for the end because it was so worth waiting the entire hour.

Next Week- Oh man I so can't wait to see Jor-El!
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-31-2009, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

It's always a good sign for me when I barely know where to start my review, because there are so many things that I loved.

Chloe -- I don't think I've ever enjoyed her as much as I did in this episode. I love that she smiled, but more importantly, for the first time I really felt that she actually loves what she does. The hacker competition with Stuart was absolutely hilarious and entertaining.

"Talk to the hand."
"Hello hand."

"Okay....now you made me angry."
[cracks neck]

That was bad ass and I loved it. And smart move trying to pull Stuart over to the "dark side" and turn him against Tess. God knows I've been annoyed with Chloe a lot over the past few months, but she truly kicked some serious ass tonight. I also didn't get the usual 'mothering' vibe from Chloe tonight with Clark. She offered advice when necessary but otherwise she let him do his own thing, and I liked seeing them laugh together. It was great. And I loved that she made Clark see that he doesn't always need to put his own happiness on hold for other people, and that it's okay to be selfish every once in a while. Especially when you dedicate a huge part of your life to other people's happiness and safety. Clark deserves to be happy, too. He's supposed to be the ultimate symbol of hope, he needs to experience some happiness to be that person.

Oliver -- The Mia thing came out of the blue and it did feel that she was his charity project in a way, but I get what the writers wanted to accomplish. I liked seeing Ollie smile and I like that he's finally back on track. I missed happy Ollie.

Lois/Ollie -- They've always had one of the most mature relationships and I'm glad they're staying true to that. I'm glad that it wasn't overly dramatic. It was very real and bittersweet. I love that Lois didn't play mindgames with Ollie and was just completely honest with him: she loves him as a friend, but her heart belongs to Clark now. End of story.

Oliver: A toast?
Lois: Ha. Let's not.

Erica is the queen of line delivery. She cracked me up with this one.

Natutally I saved the best for last:

Lois/Clark

Good Morning Metropolis was comedy gold.

Clark: I bought a new tie!
Lois: Well I bought a whole new outfit!
Clark: Yeah, you look great.
Lois: [beat] Don't do that!
Clark: Do what?!
Lois: Don't you dare reassure me right now!

Producer: Uh, actually, we want you both.
Clark: I'm sorry?

I wish they'd let Tom do funny stuff more often. His comedic timing is spot on. The way he said it was hilarious. I love how Lois just smiles at him when the producer says it's eithet both of them or none of them. Like, "Don't even DARE saying no."

Clark: Favorite drinks? You have "bubbly". Yeah, if it comes in a six-pack.
Lois: [checks him out] I do like a six-pack.

Clark: Look, there are a lot of good things about you that would attract a lot of great guys.
Lois: Really? Like what?
Clark: ......well, you're Lois.
Lois: [stares] Thanks, Clark. I already filled out my name.

I love that Clark's only way of describing Lois is saying that she's Lois. Damn right she is! She's an original!

Lois: If you can't take the heat, sister, get out of the café.
Clark: [adjusts his earwig] Sorry I have this really annoying ringing in my ear.

And instead of being offended, Lois actually chuckles. I love them.

Lois: Do I detect a note of jealousy from the notoriously nice Clark Kent? Careful my date doesn't hear you. He might just have to take you down.
Clark: I'd like to see him try. [sips coffee]

I love manly Clark!

Lois: You know what they say...all is fair in love and war.
Clark: And what's it gonna be for us, Lois? Love or war?
Lois: Sounds like you're asking me out on another date.
Clark: If I was.....would you say yes?

Again, I love bold Clark. This is nothing like the little mopey boy from the earlier seasons who sometimes acted almost afraid of women.

And the final scene....

I can't even begin to describe how perfect that scene was. I admit that all the previous kisses we got between Lois and Clark -- the RedK ones, the love potion stuff, the Green Arrow one -- they were....okay, but that was it. I was worried about their first kiss and how it'd look. But oh my gosh. Tom and Erica blew me away. They were really saving the proper kisses for when they'd finally mean something. That kiss was everything: hot, sweet, romantic, passionate, emotional -- all of it. Erica wasn't talking BS when she promised us a hot first kiss. And I just wanna hug her to death for stopping that kiss in Infamous from happening. It would've been such a letdown. Their first kiss needed to be about them and it so needed to be mutual. And boy it was. The lighting was so warm and amazing. The score was out of this world. Major kudos to Louis Febre. I love that Clark just kept wanting to talk to her and she just wouldn't shut up, so he just grabbed her and kissed her. She was so stunned, but once she actually realized what was happening she kissed him back with all she had. Just absolute perfection and I love that the kiss didn't end.

It's ironic that Henderson & Whitehead wrote this. Months ago they made me want to punch them in the face, now they made me want to kiss them both. There's justice after all.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora* (View Post)

"Talk to the hand."
"Hello hand."

"Okay....now you made me angry."
[cracks neck]
I had to admit I loved Chloe too. Her remarks were dead on. For me Chloe is just a background character so when they put her upfront like that it makes me see that she's not as invisible as I "see" her sometimes.

Quote:
Clark: I bought a new tie!
Lois: Well I bought a whole new outfit!
Clark: Yeah, you look great.
Lois: [beat] Don't do that!
Clark: Do what?!
Lois: Don't you dare reassure me right now!

Quote:
Producer: Uh, actually, we want you both.
Clark: I'm sorry?
It's definately fun to see Clark's humor emerge. It happens once in I don't know how long but how perfect for it to appear during the bewitching hour of Hallow's Eve, with it being Halloween today.

Quote:
Clark: Favorite drinks? You have "bubbly". Yeah, if it comes in a six-pack.
Lois: [checks him out] I do like a six-pack.
I seriously loved how Lois checked Clark out when she replied to the whole six-pack thing. I wonder if she was thinking Clark should take the shirt off so she could really see, not that she hasn't before!

Quote:
Clark: Look, there are a lot of good things about you that would attract a lot of great guys.
Lois: Really? Like what?
Clark: ......well, you're Lois.
Lois: [stares] Thanks, Clark. I already filled out my name.
I loved how Clark described her as "Lois". As fans of the Superman lore, we don't need to know all of the things about her because her name says it all!

Quote:
Lois: If you can't take the heat, sister, get out of the café.
Clark: [adjusts his earwig] Sorry I have this really annoying ringing in my ear.
That was so fun- the fact that they literally had each other in their heads. It was so cute.

Quote:
Lois: Do I detect a note of jealousy from the notoriously nice Clark Kent? Careful my date doesn't hear you. He might just have to take you down.
Clark: I'd like to see him try. [sips coffee]
Definately some nice banter there. And way to go Clark for bringing out the Blur in that moment!

Quote:
Lois: You know what they say...all is fair in love and war.
Clark: And what's it gonna be for us, Lois? Love or war?
Lois: Sounds like you're asking me out on another date.
Clark: If I was.....would you say yes?
Oh man I seriously squeeled like a fangirl at this point!
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-31-2009, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Loved the C and D plots (Tess/Zod and Chloe outsmarting Stuart). Didn't care for the rest.