Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2021, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Hydro?
Old 02-09-2021, 07:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes Hydro was one place, also in Fade (when he saw Lexanna kiss and knew Chloe knew about it)

He was also hypocritical with others when it came to ethics a bit... like when he said to Lana in Wraith about breaking into Lex's safe (after their fight he admitted in Siren)

This is not a conclusive list but just a few examples
Old 02-10-2021, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel Oliver called Clark out the most and for the most part I just always agreed with Oliver. 90% of their arguments I sided with Oliver. lol Probably even 95%.
Right from their first meeting Clark was hypocritical with telling Oliver about being with Lois when he has a disguise ... umm did he forget how long (at that point) he lied to his friends and Lana (when he was dating her?) lol
Old 02-11-2021, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia (View Post)
Yes Hydro was one place, also in Fade (when he saw Lexanna kiss and knew Chloe knew about it)

He was also hypocritical with others when it came to ethics a bit... like when he said to Lana in Wraith about breaking into Lex's safe (after their fight he admitted in Siren)

This is not a conclusive list but just a few examples
Oh, okay.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I feel Oliver called Clark out the most and for the most part I just always agreed with Oliver. 90% of their arguments I sided with Oliver. lol Probably even 95%.
Right from their first meeting Clark was hypocritical with telling Oliver about being with Lois when he has a disguise ... umm did he forget how long (at that point) he lied to his friends and Lana (when he was dating her?) lol
I did not see this as hypocritical. He wasn't in a relationship at a time and this was not very long after him and Lana broke up. He was giving advice based on his past experience "trust me it doesn't work... I've tried"...nothing about that felt hypocritical to me. When he did decide to really go and try and get Lana back he told her his secret. He also kept Lois at arms length for this reason for a long time as well.

Oliver called him out SOMETIMES. Sometimes it was completely bunk (beginning of season 9 for example when Oliver was drowning himself in self pity and he tried to say Clark wasn't doing anything). Now when he called him out in season 6 he had good reason.. Clark wasn't dedicated to go and save the common man on a regular basis however, Oliver acted like Clark was doing nothing which was not true, because Clark was out getting the Phantoms.

I also mostly disagreed with Oliver when he wanted Clark to kill someone..especially doomsday. That was ridiculous because we knew Doomsday COULD NOT BE KILLED. (My reaction was always,, huh???????) Oliver did not seem to understand the serious repercussions there would be if Clark started to decide to use his powers to determine when someone needed to be killed. That is dangerous. Oliver paid for what he did to Lex in a way with almost committing suicide....imagine if Oliver was as powerful as Clark.

Most of the time I saw both sides of their argument and some of the time didn't even take a side..more they each had a point. I was definitely far from 95% of the time on the side of Olivers.....maybe 30-40....and about the same for Clark and the other times neutral
Old 02-13-2021, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oliver was always a challenging character, for sure!
Old 02-15-2021, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia (View Post)
I did not see this as hypocritical. He wasn't in a relationship at a time and this was not very long after him and Lana broke up. He was giving advice based on his past experience "trust me it doesn't work... I've tried"...nothing about that felt hypocritical to me. When he did decide to really go and try and get Lana back he told her his secret. He also kept Lois at arms length for this reason for a long time as well.

Oliver called him out SOMETIMES. Sometimes it was completely bunk (beginning of season 9 for example when Oliver was drowning himself in self pity and he tried to say Clark wasn't doing anything). Now when he called him out in season 6 he had good reason.. Clark wasn't dedicated to go and save the common man on a regular basis however, Oliver acted like Clark was doing nothing which was not true, because Clark was out getting the Phantoms.

I also mostly disagreed with Oliver when he wanted Clark to kill someone..especially doomsday. That was ridiculous because we knew Doomsday COULD NOT BE KILLED. (My reaction was always,, huh???????) Oliver did not seem to understand the serious repercussions there would be if Clark started to decide to use his powers to determine when someone needed to be killed. That is dangerous. Oliver paid for what he did to Lex in a way with almost committing suicide....imagine if Oliver was as powerful as Clark.

Most of the time I saw both sides of their argument and some of the time didn't even take a side..more they each had a point. I was definitely far from 95% of the time on the side of Olivers.....maybe 30-40....and about the same for Clark and the other times neutral
For I won't get in a big discussion here, I'll say I will agree to disagree since we will never see eye to eye on it. Which is okay.

For ME it was very hypocritical. He's okay keeping secrets from people but has a issue when others do it to him. To me he wasn't giving advice, he was being high moral hypocritical. If he felt that strongly about it, he could've won Lana back right after that speech to Oliver and revealed his secret to Lana. So no. If you had already kept secrets and still continue to then you have no right to tell people what they should be doing which is why I loved when Oliver threw back at him that he was also keeping his secret from one of his best friends (Lois). Also during the "Arrow" episode, Lois/Oliver only had been on one date... who tells anyone their whole life story that early on. lol

Also, I agreed with Oliver calling Clark out on not doing anything since he was speaking for me as the viewer but as I mentioned, we will totally disagree. lol
I was just thankful for Oliver for saying what I was thinking...
Old 02-15-2021, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Isn't that what made Oliver an interesting and gripping character?
Old 02-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah and it sure made me love him.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
For I won't get in a big discussion here, I'll say I will agree to disagree since we will never see eye to eye on it. Which is okay.

For ME it was very hypocritical. He's okay keeping secrets from people but has a issue when others do it to him. To me he wasn't giving advice, he was being high moral hypocritical. If he felt that strongly about it, he could've won Lana back right after that speech to Oliver and revealed his secret to Lana. So no. If you had already kept secrets and still continue to then you have no right to tell people what they should be doing which is why I loved when Oliver threw back at him that he was also keeping his secret from one of his best friends (Lois). Also during the "Arrow" episode, Lois/Oliver only had been on one date... who tells anyone their whole life story that early on. lol

Also, I agreed with Oliver calling Clark out on not doing anything since he was speaking for me as the viewer but as I mentioned, we will totally disagree. lol
I was just thankful for Oliver for saying what I was thinking...
He wasn't in a relationship with Lana at the time though?? I don't think he intended on getting back together with her...or much of anyone at that time. If he had said this during season 5, then I would agree with you. Also note that when Clark did decide to get Lana back in season 6...he was going to tell her his secret....because it didn't work. I really think that conversation with Oliver was more of Clark's woes of what he went through with Lana and didn't want another person to suffer like he did.

I agree when he called him out in Season 6, but you think he should have called him out in 9x02 when Clark had dedicated his entire life almost to it at that point?

Last edited by activia; 02-22-2021 at 07:36 AM
Old 02-24-2021, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ Yeah and it sure made me love him.
Agree!
Old 03-28-2021, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I will just saw this the best way I can. When it comes to 90% of any argument or disagreement that Clark and Oliver had even during re-watches. I 1000000000% full heartedly agree with Oliver Queen. lol
Old 03-30-2021, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ He seems to always have a positive attitude in conveying his reasons for disagreeing.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
I will just saw this the best way I can. When it comes to 90% of any argument or disagreement that Clark and Oliver had even during re-watches. I 1000000000% full heartedly agree with Oliver Queen. lol
Oh, wow! That’s interesting! I wish I could remember, otherwise I might, too. I’ll def have to do a rewatch of the whole series sometime soon!

I did love C & O’s friendship!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 05-11-2021, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes rewatch and I would love to know your opinion after it.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top