Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2019, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anytime I see any version of Clark and Oliver sharing scenes, I think of Smallville's version. lol
Old 12-16-2019, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Same!
Old 12-16-2019, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We got so much on Smallville.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-29-2020, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks for posting all these amazing gifs!
Old 04-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Nice way to try to keep the threads up to date.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

On 8x03, I love how Clark instantly knew that Oliver wouldn't show up drunk!
Too bad 8x03 ended rough for them.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Toxic is a great episode to see the different sides of their friendship!
Old 07-26-2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah but I can see why Oliver felt so upset with Clark keeping such a huge secret...
Old 07-28-2020, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah. I feel the same way, but they work it out by the end of "Identity".
Old 07-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ When Oliver had to pretend to be the Blur?
Old 08-04-2020, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I did think the two of them were great at teaching each other things.

So I had to think about Clark's attitude towards wanting to save the world... and I really think that it's because he grew up with these abilities.... unlike Flash/Arrow who changed as adults and who grew up in cities not in a small town..they also didnt hav e to worry about their own identity being a secret for their entire life. He did help strangers whenever he knew they were in trouble..not just his family/friends. He jumped in front of that bus.... he stopped krypto-humans (even as early as Hot) But going out and doing it as a job that takes another level of dedication. To patrol the streets... to leave behind what he found was safe that took maturity. Clark also wanted to be normal so badly which held him back.. realizing his destiny and taking on that huge responsibility is a lot to handle for anyone. Oliver did help him come to that realization and especially in S7 he needed this kick!

I appreciated their relationship. They needed each other. Yes Clark was judgemental but sometimes that judgement did make them better people.. He could have been a little less hypocritical especially when it came to people keepign secrets from him.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I give so much credit to Oliver for assisting in helping Oliver become the hero he would become because before Oliver, Clark sort of waited for trouble to arrive and help out... which is understandable because of how he was brought up but Oliver showed him another way. He taught him that there are so many people out there needing to be saved and that you just can't wait for the trouble to arrive to do something about it... even when it came to the JSA, he didn't want to join right away and you saw the disappointment in Oliver's face! Oliver was just so upset that Clark was pretty much letting his abilities go to waste when he could save way more people than he, Impulse, AC and Cyborg could in a day.

That eager and push from Oliver is what helped out Clark.

For me the judgement and hypocritical tendecides drove me nuts!
I think most of the time ... actually I KNEW that most of the time I was team Clark because of how high al mighty Clark was when Oliver did anything he disagreed with. It was just annoying.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I give so much credit to Oliver for assisting in helping Oliver become the hero he would become because before Oliver, Clark sort of waited for trouble to arrive and help out... which is understandable because of how he was brought up but Oliver showed him another way. He taught him that there are so many people out there needing to be saved and that you just can't wait for the trouble to arrive to do something about it... even when it came to the JSA, he didn't want to join right away and you saw the disappointment in Oliver's face! Oliver was just so upset that Clark was pretty much letting his abilities go to waste when he could save way more people than he, Impulse, AC and Cyborg could in a day.

That eager and push from Oliver is what helped out Clark.

For me the judgement and hypocritical tendecides drove me nuts!
I think most of the time ... actually I KNEW that most of the time I was team Clark because of how high al mighty Clark was when Oliver did anything he disagreed with. It was just annoying.
Yes Clark needed the push and to see that he could be a "vigilante" watching over people.

As for his judgement.... I really think that Clark held HIMSELF to those high standards and when he couldn't live up to his own expectations he was disappointed, felt guilty and remorseful. He also gave people second chances when they did things..but he never supported people in making morally questionable decisions nor did he let them just "get away" with it without feeling the guilt that he himself felt. Which is why I didnt see him as hypocritical as some did (only in the cases where he thought what he did was OK like keeping secrets to protect people for example)

It's much easier to be around people that have lower standards from yourself because it makes you feel less stressed and easier on yourself. Being with someone like Clark is hard because he doesn't let that stuff slide and you are forced to comfort or hide your own faults.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread