Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys.

Yeah I couldn't post yesterday as well.

So any suggestions about quotes for opening post?

I'll help with icons.
But I have to cap the episodes first. I was going to make some icons this weekend, but then I saw that all the caps I have are kinda blurry and lousy quality.
Ah well, I'll sacrifice myself and watch the episodes again.

I love the idea for the fan mix.
But we could post only lyrics. Because due to copyright infringement, music uploads (and episode uploads) are not allowed at Fan Forum.

I always thought of Someday by Nickleback as a Clark/Alicia song.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Jacqueline!

I always though "Toxic" was a great Clark/Alicia song. The lyrics fit them "I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic?" It really fits them
Old 01-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
Grr FF wouldn't load for me yeseterday, sorry

And yep, great idea I can't do fanart or anything I'm afraid, the most I can do is that I did make a Clark/Alicia video a while back? And I do have some ideas for songs, if we do the fanmix
FF yesterday pretty much sucked big ass monkey toes.

That's okay, because I'm not good at fanarts either. A Clark&Alicia vid would be great. I can't wait to see what kinds of ideas and what song you would come up with to use. That would be amazing.

And as far as the fanmix goes, Spike It Up, I've seen them in other FF threads for different pairings and characters. But if you feel so strongly about it, here's what I can do. I can make a public post in my journal and we can link to it from here underneath the front/backcovers for the fanmix if that will make things better.

The only thing that I would need help with is people uploading songs. Some songs I can upload, but not all of them and we still haven't even come up with 12-15 songs, yet. I'm just suggesting this as an alternative to the fanmix. Of course we could post a snippet of the lyrics, but we could also have the fanmix available somewhere else and linked to from here. What do you think? As long as the uploads aren't in the thread it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

All that would be here would be a link to where people can obtain the fanmix. Let me know.

Liz, I like the idea of the song, "Toxic" and also "Someday" by Nickelback is good as well.

Now that's good, Spike It Up, the icons and such. *g* I hope that you get some of my favorite moments in there too, lol. And yays, at least you'll know that you'll be working with better quality ones. You know what you could do to make it easier. You could post them either in your journal or create a photobucket account to house them and then link to that from the opening post, so that people with crappy dial-up like me won't have to sit forever for a page to load. You could like showcase three to six of them and then link to wherever you uploaded. Haha. Just a suggestion for you to take into consideration.

As for the fanmix I'm just brainstorming songs...

Cold Hands (Warm Heart) -- Brendan Benson: It just seemed like it fit them when I read the lyrics. I don't know, I really like the sound and feel of it.
Temptation Waits -- Garbage: This just struck me as a very Alicia like song. If you read the lyrics, then you'll see what I mean. I could so totally see this on a fanmix for her and Clark.
Memory -- Sugar Cult: I think this could definitely be a really good song for the two of them. Ya know, the show never really addressed Alicia's memory as far as Clark is concerned, there's no reason why we couldn't do it on a fanmix. I think it's a very Clark&Alicia type song.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.

Last edited by xjoyusx; 01-16-2007 at 04:37 PM
Old 01-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
I'll help with icons.

Oh yay

And amazing choice of songs, xjoyusx!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
Oh yay

And amazing choice of songs, xjoyusx!
So, just for the run down of the list of songs. We have the three I suggested, the one that Spike It Up suggested and "Toxic", which is one that Liz suggested. We need to get crackin' on some more songs.

Anyone have any ideas?!?!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Faders - No Sleep Tonight Lyrics

reminds me of Obsession and Unsafe seduction
Old 01-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Love the song suggestions.

Toxic, ha! Such under the influence of red kryptonite song.

Cold Hands (Warm Heart). Love that song, but for me it's a Clois song ever since it was used for their scene at the end of Exposed.

Temptation Waits. I love Garbage so really no complaint from me.

I like Memory lyrics the best. They fit great.

ETA: Wow, No Sleep Tonight is such a good song for Unsafe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjoyusx (View Post)
I can make a public post in my journal and we can link to it from here underneath the front/backcovers for the fanmix if that will make things better.
I don't think that would work either.
Linking to torrent sites and sites that offer episodes or music downloads isn't allowed.
Unless the band isn't offering song download on their official site.
Linking to LJ entry would still be linking to illegal downloads.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone!
I think the music list is great so far.
Well, I have some suggetions but no the lyrics...

Sway-The Perishers
Blind-Lifehouse
Posession-Sarah McLachlan
All that I'm living for-Evanescene

Those songs remind me a lot of Calicia and also I have a little happy song that reminds me of them from the start:

Should have know better- Beatles
Insurgent
Old 01-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Cris: It feels like you're not even trying to work with me on the whole fanmix idea. I offered up suggestions and you're just shooting them all down as if my suggestions don't matter at all.

Oh and as far as Cold Hands (Warm Heart), just because it was played during a Clois scene, doesn't mean that it can't be used for Clark&Alicia as well. I feel like it pretty much fits them and so do a couple of the others who agreed. In fact, I think the lyrics actually fit them a lot better, quite honestly. So, if I think if a fanmix is created for Clark&Alicia the song definitely needs to be on there.

So, Temptation Waits, Memory, Toxic, Cold Hands (Warm Heart), and No Sleep Tonight.

I think those are all good songs for the mix. I'll PM a couple of you and we'll talk about some stuff regarding the fanmix in PM's about putting it together and all that good stuff. And then we'll see what we can come up with.

Antisocial: I totally FLOVE the song that you suggested. I think it's amazing and it totally works for the two of them. If you have anymore suggestions let me know, totally.

¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨: I like the idea of "Sway", but I always associate it with Logan&Veronica. Hahaha. Just because of their scene together, but it could definitely work for Clark&Alicia and so I'm totally not opposed to that.

Definitely would love to use Blind and Possession. And the Beatles song is absolutely perfect. Haha. I think that could be like their theme song or something...ahaha. Ya know, we could take a lyric from the song itself that best describes them and have that be the name of the fanmix. And then the song could be the first song on it. Hahaha.

All That I'm Living For is another good one.

Antisocial or ¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨, could you please PM me and we can talk some more about the fanmix and figuring out a way to make it actually work and come to life whenever you see this post?!?! Thanks.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

@Suz,thanks for liking my suggestions.Wasn't sure about how you guys would react to my "special" music styleAlso the Beatles song

I'll PM you today or tomorrow,promise!
Insurgent
Old 01-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨ (View Post)
@Suz,thanks for liking my suggestions.Wasn't sure about how you guys would react to my "special" music styleAlso the Beatles song

I'll PM you today or tomorrow,promise!
Of course I love your ideas and we'll talk more about this in PM's. So as not to clogg up the thread with uncessary posts.

And I totally love your "special" music style. Hahaha. It's pretty much random like my own.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Suz,that's good to know.
So how's it going with our voting on the best Calicia moments from Unsafe?
Insurgent
Old 01-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

You Belong To Me - Lifehouse

Love the choices of songs so far.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 01-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Honeycomb (View Post)
You Belong To Me - Lifehouse

Love the choices of songs so far.
Yeah,that's a good one.
Insurgent
Old 01-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that one