Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Clark/Alicia Thread #2: Because nothing says love like Vegas and Red-K

Banner by CenterFinn

Hi and Welcome to the Clark/Alicia Thread.

The thread is dedicated to the characters of Clark and Alicia. All board & fanforum rules apply.

If you are willing to make a banner, or fan art of some kind with Clark/Alicia, please do so and we'd like to use it in the starter post.

The honeymooners:

1. antisocial
2. Spike It Up
3. Liz01
4. xjoyusx
5. ¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨
6. Sweet_Honeycomb
7. jason_bourne001
8. xextremex
9. Chris Perry
10. MineyMouse14
11. Centerfinn
12. Mia_R
13. sum1
14. Alexus Luthor
15. Shnicky
16. LucasLuver4Brooke
17. *Lucie*
18. withafireinside

Reasons for shipping them:

1. Because they shared a secret
2. Because she asked him out
3. Because he said "Hell yes!"
4. Because she made him smile the most
5. Because they were both 'freaks'
6. Because Clark is adorkable around Alicia
7. Because he told her the truth
8. Because he warmed her chocolate with his x-ray vision
9. Because they got married
10. Because she made him feel normal
11. Because she saved him
12. Because he didn't let her leave
13. Because Alicia took a bullet to protect Clark
14. Beacause she died for him
15. Because they almost had amazing sex
16. Because she loved him
17. Because she was the first Mrs. Clark Kent
18. Because no matter what he said afterwards we know he loved her

Name: Suz
Favorite Clark&Alicia Moment: It would definitely have to be in the barn at the end of "Unsafe" when she's crushed against his chest and he's holding here against him and she's crying. I love that he's lovingly went after her. They had so much potential.
Favorite Clark&Alicia Quote: I get chills every single damn time I watch this particular scene play out between Clark and Alicia

Alicia: Look, I know that we can never be together after what I did. But it doesn’t change how I feel. And I just wanted you to know that for as long as I live, I’m never gonna reveal your secret. I love you.
Clark: Alicia, wait.

Why you love Clark&Alicia: I love Clark&Alicia b/c they were the couple who had so much potential and they represented this ship that never really got the chance to show us what they should have been. I'm not sure that's the most eloquent way to put it, but that's the way I feel every single time I re-watch their episodes, relive the barn scene where she promises to keep his secret for him, where she tells him that she's a better person b/c he made her that way, the ice skating date where the two of them can be alone together in a crowd and be who they are naturally when he's not afraid to warm her cold cocoa to with his heat ray vision, where she takes the bullet for him, and then every other moment that they've experience that I'm sure I haven't listed. They're powerful and they're beautiful and the two of them together just absolutely manages to move me in ways when I see them onscreen and they never fail to sink me to my knees at the moment Clark finds her and realizes that he's lost her all in one moment. It's a beautiful heart-wrenching love story that really could have been something, if only TPTB would have just took a gamble. Yes, the Vegas pun *was* intended.

Name: Cris
Favorite Clark&Alicia Moment: Hm, I have two - honeymoon (corset ripping/garter belt snap!!) and the end hug in Unsafe
Favorite Clark&Alicia Quote: I'll also go with Clark's quote about Alicia making him feel normal and special at the same time
Why you love Clark&Alicia: Because Clark was able to be himself around her. And it was the first girl on the show whom he cared enough about not to let her walk out of his life - when he ran after her at the end of Unsafe, that was the first time we actually saw Clark take some action and go after someone/something he really wants.

Name: Naomi
Favorite Clark&Alicia Moment: Honeymoon sex in Unsafe
Favorite Clark&Alicia Quote: Clark's quote about Alicia making him feel normal and special at the same time
Why you love Clark&Alicia: Chemistry! From their first episode, I loved seeing the side of Clark that Alicia brought out. He was so adorkable and bumbling in that elevater scene. And then he's so smiley and happy as Alicia just takes charge with asking Clark out, and then climbing into his bed. Finally a SV relationship with progression And again the chemistry just shone through in Unsafe during the ice-skating moment, and the sexy moments

Name: Angie
Favorite Clark&Alicia Moment: Probably the honeymoon sex.
Favorite Clark&Alicia Quote: After Alicia is shot, her saying that she promised she'd protect his secret.
Why you love Clark&Alicia: They had so much potential! And like Naomi said, progression! Can you imagine how great their story arc would have been if they had stretched it out over a season or two, instead of just cramming it into three episodes? It would have been a great alternative to the *other* Clark ship that shall not be named.

Clark And Alicia Soundtrack

Toxic - Britney Spears
Someday - Nickelback
Cold Hands (Warm Heart) - Brendan Benson
Temptation Waits - Garbage
Memory - Sugar Cult
No Sleep Tonight - Faders
Sway - The Perishers
Blind - Lifehouse
Posession - Sarah McLachlan
All that I'm living for - Evanescene
Should have know better - Beatles
You Belong To Me - Lifehouse
Cassie- When your body is talking
Imogen heap- Hallelujah
Edwin McCain- I'll be
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
Evanescene- Holding my last breath
Collide- Dishwalla
Angels or Devils- Dishwalla
Save Me - Aimee Mann
Chasing Cars - Snowpatrol

Calicia fan art

Banner by Ashley

Icons by Duskwillow Find more icons here

Calicia music vids

YouTube - Calicia - My Last Breath
YouTube - Smallville -Forbidden Love- (Clicia)
YouTube - Hurt - Clark/Alicia. Hell is Truth Seen Too Late
YouTube - Collide-Clark/Alicia

Find more videos here

And the wedding may be viewed here

Clark&Alicia Fic Recs

The Hour of Lead
Second Chances Can Happen
All Mixed Up
Accepted
Forged From Destiny
The Valley
InnerSelf Revealed - COMPLETE
She's All I Have - WIP
Retribution
Married With Children
InnerSelf Fortorn - COMPLETE

Links

Alicia Baker Remembrance Site

That Blonde Girl - a sarah carter fansite

Last edited by FrellingTralk; 05-08-2007 at 12:39 PM
Old 01-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Link to old thread

Now we just need to get started on discussing ideas for decorating the opening post
Old 01-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Naomi.

Suz, I meant we could include Survivor top 3 caps because we started with Survivor for every episode to choose the best/favourite moments, and like we did on Lex/Lana thread we could include those moments in the first post.

There's enough space in the intro post, we can add enough moments.
We can always change some caps we already have, since most of them are from the same scenes.

There are no restrictions with 'decorating' the first post.

If someone wants to start an account to place all the caps/art there, go for it.
Just make sure to ask artist's permission before uploading their art there or reposting it.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

Can I be added? Next to Lois I thought she was the best girl for Clark. Never liked him with Lana so I really enjoyed Alicia. And I think she ended up being very important to him.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome to the thread
Old 01-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Liz, good to see you on this thread too.

We don't have shippers list yet. Maybe we could start it.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

We should start one I'm sure enough people liked them. My brother argues that Alicia was the best girl for Clark period (though he's starting to see other potential). In a way I think that's true because he could truly be himself around her.

My memory's a little fuzzy, Alicia knew he was an alien right? At first she didn't but she found out down the line right?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with your brother Liz.

Oy, you caught me. I think she thought he was meteor mutant like her. I can't remember her finding out he was actually an alien.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In Unsafe she knows about redk, and says she now knows everything about Clark
Old 01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Naomi.

Suz, I meant we could include Survivor top 3 caps because we started with Survivor for every episode to choose the best/favourite moments, and like we did on Lex/Lana thread we could include those moments in the first post.

There's enough space in the intro post, we can add enough moments.
We can always change some caps we already have, since most of them are from the same scenes.

There are no restrictions with 'decorating' the first post.

If someone wants to start an account to place all the caps/art there, go for it.
Just make sure to ask artist's permission before uploading their art there or reposting it.
That's fine, we could include the Survivor Top 3 caps, but I think that we should size them down so that it's not so big and image heavy. lol. Ya know, kinda be nice to those of us (like me) who are still stuck with crappy dial-up. Heh. That would be fine, we could include those on the opening post. I don't have a problem with that.

But what I was talking about was pick five top moments that happened between Clark&Alica find a quote that goes with the cap and post it underneath the cap. See what I'm saying for the "Top Clark&Alicia Moments" section in the opening post.

Now, if there's someone who thinks they could do something similar to this for the opening post that would be great as well. All it was was caps that were sized down and put in a graphic and stuff from all the episodes the two of them were in together. What do you think?

Also, if someone who's good with graphics could make a few Clark&Alicia icons that would be great to display them in opening post as well. Or ya know, maybe show off a two to three of them and then post the link to where you can find the rest of them underneath.

Also, we could come up with a Clark&Alicia fan mix. If there's someone who's good with graphics, they could make the front and the back cover. We could all throw out songs that we think remind us of Clark and Alicia and come up with a 12 to 15 song mix for them and upload it. Ya know we could upload single uploads for those who with crappy dial-up who can't d/l a whole big zip and then post a link to a big zip for those who can actually do that.

Let me know what you think. Those are just ideas...I can help with songs and stuff. And I can upload a few songs and I can find caps to use in some graphics and stuff like that. And maybe we could even post something like the "Top 3 Best Clark&Alicia Quotes" and all that. I don't know...let me know what you think.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
In Unsafe she knows about redk, and says she now knows everything about Clark
Oh right! I figured she knew I just wasn't 100%. But yeah she exposed him to Chloe, I forgot about that.

I love the idea of the opening post. My fan art skills are weak though, I can make icons, that's about it.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

New thread!
hey everybody and Liz!I'm Jacqueline.
I think your ideas are great Suz I'll see where I can make an attribution.I think music is my best area

But did Alicia really know that Clark came from another planet, jusr cause she knew about the Red-K it doesn't mean she knows everthing but I hope she did.
Insurgent
Old 01-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

When you make a shipper's list please can I be added.

I really liked Alicia because she came in and mixed things up a bit.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 01-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨ (View Post)
New thread!
hey everybody and Liz!I'm Jacqueline.
I think your ideas are great Suz I'll see where I can make an attribution.I think music is my best area

But did Alicia really know that Clark came from another planet, jusr cause she knew about the Red-K it doesn't mean she knows everthing but I hope she did.
Well at least you were nice enough to reply to my post.

Yeah, I think a mini-fanmix for Clark&Alicia would be a cool thing to offer up in the open post. We should all put our heads together and see what we can come up with.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Grr FF wouldn't load for me yeseterday, sorry

And yep, great idea I can't do fanart or anything I'm afraid, the most I can do is that I did make a Clark/Alicia video a while back? And I do have some ideas for songs, if we do the fanmix