Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MetropolisGirl:
<STRONG>Like the site Humbug Girl. Very cool. Hope ya gets lots of new fics soon for it.</STRONG>
Thanks [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

So... I hear there was some Chloe/Lionel in last nights ep.... Anyone want to fill us poor foreigners in on it?
Old 05-22-2003, 04:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey peeps,

Just popping in to say hi and go Chlionel go! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I ship them in any and all ways. Doesn't matter. S'all good. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Romantic is my preference and HumbugGirl feeds my obsession. Thank you very much. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Speaking of which, I haven't read To Be A Luthor yet. You did mention "not a happy fic" and I need to be prepared for those kind. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Oh, and after In Flight Entertainment, you've got me attempting my own Chlogan fic now. lol. Bad influence or good? I've yet to work that out. :p

I haven't actually seen their interaction either. I'm not in the US. HOWEVER, I've caught snippets through fan music vids and stuff and it looked WOW. Enough said.

Deb
Old 05-22-2003, 04:55 AM
Passionate Fan

*hugs to Deb*

Aw, thank you hun! Glad to see you here. To Be A Luthor is kind of angsty. Actually its very angsty. There's a bit of Chlex in there for ya as well.

Hey, look at that I inspired someone [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Hey, all Chlogan is good Chlogan. lol. I'd be interested to read it when you're done. I don't know of any others and it would be great to see another person's perspective (sp? having a dumb day I think. lol)

Carmen
Old 05-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Humbug Girl:
<STRONG>Hey, look at that I inspired someone [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Yes'm. You did. I blame you completely. :p [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Hey, all Chlogan is good Chlogan. lol. [/QB]
Agreed. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I'd be interested to read it when you're done. I don't know of any others and it would be great to see another person's perspective (sp? having a dumb day I think. lol)Carmen[/QB]
hee hee. I think that's the correct sp. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Oh, you can most certainly read it when I'm done. And for the simple fact that I believe you will be my only audience. lol. I don't even know where the hell I would post it. lmao. Did you get lots of feed for IFE? I'm just wondering if anyone actually reads chlogan or will it become a mutual admiration society of two. lol. Or maybe just one in my case. (I never said I was any good. :p )The first part of mine is actually all CHlex. Then it moves into Chlogan territory. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I thought I'd give this a bash to begin with. Still dying to write a CHlionel fic but man, I just don't think I'm up to par in the writing stakes for that. But I'm desperate to contribute to On Your Word so...hmm, one day..one day... lol.

Deb
Old 05-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I thought I'd give this a bash to begin with. Still dying to write a CHlionel fic but man, I just don't think I'm up to par in the writing stakes for that. But I'm desperate to contribute to On Your Word so...hmm, one day..one day... lol.
All contributions are good. I'd actually love you if you would contribute.

Yup I got feedback for IFE. Quite a lot actually. It surprised me how much.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>All contributions are good. I'd actually love you if you would contribute.</STRONG>
I'm going to try. I am. I am. I've already got something started regarding that long winded Chlionel challenge but not a challenge thingo I sent you. lol. I'll see how it goes. It was nice to see someone else had contributed to On Your Word too. Made sure to feed that author and beg for more. lol.I'm shameless okay. I never claimed otherwise. :p

Good to know about IFE. I'll prolly end up putting it at FF.net though I don't really like that place much. Anyhoo.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Passionate Fan

You're Deb Deb? Hey! I know you.

(I'm also drunk so if none of this makes sense blame it on the bottle of wine I've had. lol)

I'm still thinking of starting that challenge you sent me. I'm halfway through a Chlionel smut/angst at the moment which I'm hoping to finish and have up and posted soon. Exams are getting in the way though so it might be a little while.

Yup, I was dead impressed when I logged into my email one day and saw someone elses stuff posted there. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I hope everyone else on the list or whatever starts getting Chlionel plot bunnies running rampant through their minds now.

I put IFE up at Level3 and I seemed to get a pretty good feedback from it. Also there is the Smallville crossover list but I forget the addy for that.

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited Humbug Girl ]
Old 05-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>You're Deb Deb? Hey! I know you.

(I'm also drunk so if none of this makes sense blame it on the bottle of wine I've had. lol)</STRONG>
Well, you're surprisingly coherent for one so inebriated (sp?) [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] :p

You're thinking of starting that challenge. *Contains squeal of excitement.* lol. Thinking's good. Thinking's real good. You keep doing that until you're talented little fingers get the itch to tap away at the keys and tell us all about that thinking. lol. :p

Exams? You're at school/uni or similar? Glad to say I'm done with all that and good luck to you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Did I see the words Chlionel smut/angst? Only my three favourite words uttered in the same sentence? lmao. Angst is good when it comes to these two. Intense. Uh huh. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I shall wait paitently.

Thanks for the link. I'll use that I think. Danke!

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited NikitaFehr ]
Old 05-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Well, you're surprisingly coherent for one so inebriated
Aw, thats the sweetest thing anyones said to me all night. Movie night = films + booze = drunk Carmie. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Talented little fingers? Aw, I'm going to blush soon [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Well, I've also started what promises to be a pretty long chlionel piece but I don't want to rush it. I want to keep the quality as well as the quantity and I've noticed when I really, really work at something and try to get it finished then the quality runs away screaming.

I'm at uni, studing biochemistry and chemistry so I've pretty much got no time to myself. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Doesn't really help when you're an internet addict.

I know what you mean. Smut and angst just seems to work so easily for this pairing! Even more easily than any other pairing I've ever written. I mean, I lot at the caps for the eps where Chloe and Lionel has scenes together over at DTS and the intensity and the heat in the looks between them is just overwhelming! Its like nothing I've seen before. I have to admit that Chlionel is rapidly becoming my favourite 'ship!

Level3 is a really good site for archiving stuff. They're fairly easy to use but its always good to read the FAQ first.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Carm: Ohh look at On Your Word... ^_^ It's got all kinds of fic goodies. Did I hear something about Chlogan? Is this Logan from X-men? Because if so I *so* wanna read this. Because I'm weird and love crossover fics done right. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Actually I was considering writing a Chlionel fic. Not romance or anything but just some verbal sparring of some kind. But I'm not really sure I'm up to the challenge. Somehow I have a feeling that writing Chlionel isn't easy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Morgan
Old 05-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Well, I've also started what promises to be a pretty long chlionel piece but I don't want to rush it. I want to keep the quality as well as the quantity and I've noticed when I really, really work at something and try to get it finished then the quality runs away screaming.</STRONG>
Yay, more to look forward to. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Can we say prolific much? lol. I totally understand about the time thing, and you take as much of it as you need my dear, I'm positively sure it'll be worth it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I'm at uni, studing biochemistry and chemistry so I've pretty much got no time to myself. [/QB]
Why did I just get a picture of a brain in a jar? lmao. :p Okay, so a convo with you on that particular subject would just go whoosh - straight over the head. lol. Where will that study lead you, or where do you hope it will lead you career wise?

Quote:
I know what you mean. Smut and angst just seems to work so easily for this pairing! Even more easily than any other pairing I've ever written. I mean, I lot at the caps for the eps where Chloe and Lionel has scenes together over at DTS and the intensity and the heat in the looks between them is just overwhelming! Its like nothing I've seen before. I have to admit that Chlionel is rapidly becoming my favourite 'ship![/QB]
Oh, God, I can so agree with you there. I don't know how people can be icked by it. It's totally wow (for lack of a better word, lol). Hard to explain, but from what I've seen from the caps and more so from the little scene I saw spliced into a music vid, it's like Chloe and Lionel have this secret understanding going on behind their eyes. That's not describing what I mean well but it's just like when they look at each other - there's something there, something knowing? Something that we aren't seeing. Do you know what I mean or did I just ass that up? lmao. Whatever it is, it just gives me shivers and chills...the good kind. lol

Old 05-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Aw, thanks Morgan. Actually I'd love fic Chlionel fic of either the romantic or non-romantic variety to be submitted to On Your Word. I've even set up a site list for it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And any Chlionel you write would certainly be welcome.

(ps. the link to my Chlogan fic is <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/peacefulempress/fiction/ife.html"" TARGET=_blank>here</A>. Its NC17 and yes it is Logan from X-Men. Hmm.. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Logan... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )
Old 05-23-2003, 08:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MinnieMay:
<STRONG>Did I hear something about Chlogan? Is this Logan from X-men? Because if so I *so* wanna read this. Because I'm weird and love crossover fics done right. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yes it is. I'll let Carm hook you up with the appropriate linkage. lol.

Quote:
Actually I was considering writing a Chlionel fic. Not romance or anything but just some verbal sparring of some kind. But I'm not really sure I'm up to the challenge. Somehow I have a feeling that writing Chlionel isn't easy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Morgan[/QB]
That's my big worry too. I see them as a huge challenge to write *properly* and true to character. But I'd love to read it if you ever do. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yay, more to look forward to. Can we say prolific much? lol. I totally understand about the time thing, and you take as much of it as you need my dear, I'm positively sure it'll be worth it.
I know! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sometimes I feel like I never stop writing. But the thing about Smallville-verse is that I rarely get bored while writing. I always have to tear myself away from writing it although admittedly I do get writers block occasionally.

Quote:
Why did I just get a picture of a brain in a jar? lmao. :p Okay, so a convo with you on that particular subject would just go whoosh - straight over the head. lol. Where will that study lead you, or where do you hope it will lead you career wise?
I don't know at the moment... I guess I'd like to go into medical research or genetics. The idea of writing for a scientific journal though or something like that and using my love of writing and of science at the same time doesn't sound completely unappealing.

Quote:
Oh, God, I can so agree with you there. I don't know how people can be icked by it. It's totally wow (for lack of a better word, lol). Hard to explain, but from what I've seen from the caps and more so from the little scene I saw spliced into a music vid, it's like Chloe and Lionel have this secret understanding going on behind their eyes. That's not describing what I mean well but it's just like when they look at each other - there's something there, something knowing? Something that we aren't seeing. Do you know what I mean or did I just ass that up? lmao. Whatever it is, it just gives me shivers and chills...the good kind. lol
I know completely what you mean! It doesn't even have to be a good shiver that runs through me. I find myself not caring if I'm creeped out because for the simple fact that there is clearly something going on beneath the surface - something that could me explosive and dramatic and could wrench your heart out while making you happy that its doing so! They're a perfect couple for angst (which I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] writing as you might have guessed [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) and yet at the same time its easy to imagine sweet little intimate moments between them.

And guys, don't worry about writing Chlionel. I figure that its a 'ship that people are going to have to learn to write by actually writing it. I've got the same view of Chlionel as of Chlogan - all fic is good fic.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

whoops. bad me double posting.