Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Smallville 4x09 "Bound" Episode Discussion

After Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) is accused of killing a young woman, Clark (Tom Welling) sets out to prove his innocence and turns to an unlikely source for help - Lionel (John Glover). Swearing he is a changed man, Lionel offers Clark insight into the crime but he asks for something in return. Meanwhile, Lana (Kristin Kreuk) meets Jason's (Jensen Ackles) parents and has a vivid flashback of the incident in Paris, leading her to suspect that Jason's mother (guest star Jane Seymour) was there when she got her tattoo.
Allison Mack, John Glover, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star. Terrence O'Hara directed the episode written by Luke Schelhaas.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

*Sugi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Just had to give a shout-out to all my Reporters in the hay-ouse --

ELEVATOR LOOOOOVIIIIIIIN'!!!

Okay, back to Smallville watching.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Teaser - Wow, whores! Also, all tied up? Kinky!

Lana nightmare- color me uninterested. I really wish I could get into the "tattoo o' mystery" storyline, but I can't.

- Erm, Clark left residual goodness in Lionel? OmarG is gonna have fun with that. PTB? Bring back my MB! This nice Lionel is no fun at all.

-Lex liking brunettes because of his mommy complex is a wee bit gross. Lionel knowing his Son's sex patterns is grosser.

-Sigh, they're making me like Lana this season. I'm trying to fight it, you guys. Even MamaJason calling her beautiful repeatedly isn't killing it. Lana, whisper something annoyingly, betray one of your friends, or rant about seeecrets again, quick!

-Chlark investigating! Hee, and Clark still needing Chloe's help? Yay, lovely. She's so very, "move over, little boy, let Mama show you how to do an internet search."

-"I tracked down her car" - What the frell? Way to give Lionel and Chloe their due, BDA.

-Chloe? Is the bomb. If she and Veronica Mars ever got together, Osama Bin Laden would be found in about 60 minutes (counting commercial breaks).

-CHLARK!!!!!!!!! Chlarky chlarker chlarkersome chlarkiness. Lalalala, CHLARK! Clark was looking at the Chloevage the whole time. Then, at the end! OH MY, there were sparks! Two ways sparks! As in, going both ways! There wasn't the usual "Clark looking constipated" look. No sir, he was too busy throwing looks o' lust at Chloe. SQUEE!

-HAH! Clark zooms away and Chloe is all "Meh, oh well." lol, she's not even shocked any more! I love it. Such an amazingly Chlarky episode!

-Um, interesting way to put out the fire, I suppose. Clark sure is fast with the people flinging.

-Lex/Lionel? Ouch. Poor MB...who isn't being very MB-y.

-Hrm. Something is up with MamaTeague. Still...not really caring.

Yay for a cute Chlarky episode...even if the rest wasn't that intriguing.

Next week: Lots of scary/nightmary things....and um, Clana. Hee, that fits in perfectly.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

This episode was so much better than Spell.....

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wrote a running commentary then realized it was 3 pages long & no one wants to read that. B4 I go through & find what's postable, I have to ask:

Wasn't Lex's brain friggin fried?! How is he supposed to remember random sexual encounters? Are we suppsoed to ignore that entire storyline?

Overall, great Clex episode. Seriously. But I'll deal w/ that on that thread.

Not too into the Lana/Jason's mom storyline, I've been fine with the tattoo-o-mystery as you call it.

For some reason, I missed Pete in this ep. I don't know why.

Nice Lionel is completely weird.

Now, I'm off to trim down my recap.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

- Not really interested in the nightmare Lana thing either... the tattoo story is intriguing, however.

Quote:
-Chlark investigating! Hee, and Clark still needing Chloe's help? Yay, lovely. She's so very, "move over, little boy, let Mama show you how to do an internet search."
- Heee I know! Loooooooved that part! Chloe. Rules.

Quote:
-CHLARK!!!!!!!!! Chlarky chlarker chlarkersome chlarkiness. Lalalala, CHLARK! Clark was looking at the Chloevage the whole time. Then, at the end! OH MY, there were sparks! Two ways sparks! As in, going both ways! There wasn't the usual "Clark looking constipated" look. No sir, he was too busy throwing looks o' lust at Chloe. SQUEE!
- Ahahahahahahahaha! That part was SOOOOOO friggin hot! Oh and when she pushed him up against the wall, and was like "Hi" he TOTALLY tilted his head downward and was so checkin out her lips... and when the doors opened, she was looking at his lips! Heeee... TWO WAY SPARKS!!! Oh and did you check out Clark's reaction after being "caught"? He totally looked flustered, trying to calm himself down! Totally worth it after seeing it multiple times from the kryptonite sweeper! I'm so glad I taped it so I can rewind and watch again and rewind and watch again and repeat over and over again!

- Loved it when Clark speed away and Chloe was all like "oh well, big surprise" like she was expecting it. She's so ON to him.

- Next week: yeah they had to go and ruin my heeeness! Damn. Clana? Noooooo... stop it already! He supposedly tells Lana his secret and she says "you're not even human" WTF? This better be all about the "toxin" and completely unnatural.

Last edited by BeautifulDisaster; 11-18-2004 at 01:24 AM
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Interesting ep. I must say interesting because at the moment I can't think of another word to describe it. It definitely packed in the most on screen time that I think Michael Rosenbaum has had all season and of course we have Lionel back in this ep.

Lionel is where I think i will begin with this one. Somehow this whole born again act reeks of Mr. Raines and I didn't buy it then either (reference to The Pretender). I mean we all know Lionel and how devious he can be so one has to wonder did he really have an awe inspiring moment that made him pull a 180? call me skeptical on that one. I think it is dangerous for Clark to buy into anything Lionel says too much. It could really come back to bite Clark in the ass. But I did have to feel sorry for Lionel though. When Lex turned him down in the end I almost thought we were going to see Lionel cry. Lex really has become like his old man.

What i found interesting about all of this is how well Lionel could predict Lex. All of that really points out how close Lex has come to the dark side. Although he begs Clark not to give up on him, I have the feeling that Clark already has in some ways. The fact he would admit trusting Lionel more than Lex speaks volumes.

It was nice to see the whole Clark/Chloe investigative team back in action. They always work so well together. I find it sad that they aren't paired more often. The elevator scene was priceless. Clark definitely was feeling awkward in that situation and for a second I almost thought that they were going to kiss. Too bad the doors had to open.

The whole storyline with Lana and Jason is weird. I have absolutely no idea where this whole thing with Jason's mom is going or what part she truly plays in all of this. Obviously she has something up her sleeve and is Jason in this relationship because he truly loves Lana? or is there something else behind? Maybe he is just his mothers puppet and she has been pulling his strings the entire time. Who knows?

Anyways the next ep. really looked interesting. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how that whole thing plays out.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Nice! This episode was a huge step up from last week. The re-enactment was sexy, not my choice of ship, but infinitely more interesting since it involved Chloe. Did Clark actually have an uninterrupted moment of intelligent dialogue without the words ‘football’ or ‘Lana’? Trust Chloe to bring out the best in him… and she indirectly saved Lex’s ass again, yet didn’t get a mention from him. You’d think I’d be used to it by now.

So whatshername, the brunette, she was a little lame. I think the queen of b*tchy ex-girlfriends is still Victoria. Sure everyone hated her, but she pulled off the character so well. The stalker thing was just a little… trite. Ah! And Lionel’s comment about it being his mother? I guess that explains a lot… Lex is Oedipus. I see where the writers are getting this from now, I just hope it ends better than the Greek myth.

Was that Faithless they were playing during that ep? Great music. I also appreciated the fire scene, flashy in all the right places.

Wow, Clark was so acting like the jealous boyfriend… or should I say jealous wife? I don’t know what it is with those two, but they’re giving off some serious ‘come to me’ eye contact. UST award of the week goes to them

*whew* I’m glad Jason’s mom mentioned how beautiful Lana was (twice), can’t ever let the fans forget that. Someone wake me up when it's over.

Next week… they’re sexin’ it up a little more, and mixing in some angst just for the hell of it. Wonder how this will turn out.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

*Sugi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

THE CLARK

- He was looking mighty sexy tonight...shocking.
- I liked that little shout-out to Petey Pablo's song he did -- gave new meaning to taking your shirt and twisting it 'round your head, like a helicopter
- Tossing random people up against walls much, love? Seems to be a thing of yours

THE CHLOE

- Playing off being up in Clark's areas in a public elevator......God I love this girl
- That's right girlfriend, you go, you take charge and show that farm boy how to hack it with the best of them

THE CHLARK

- Where do I start? The Torch scenes, the brown-nosing, THE ELEVATOR...so good, so yummy
- I saw how they were looking at each other when Chloe shoved him against the opposing elevator wall...it was so mutual. Such major fanart shall spring forth from that cap, rest assured.
- Yeah, needed an extra little dashy thingy because they rock so hard

THE LEX

- So Alfie, how go the rounds? Maybe MR should be playing him instead of Jude...okay, WOW, so had a lapse in judgment there, apologies
- This boy's just too defensive for his own good

EVERYTHING ELSE

- Yeah, Lana's not so hateable this season. It's been said before, but it's going be said again, because I just can't believe it
- Okay, creepy Hitchcock-ian lightning on the face scenes with Mrs. Teague...she reeks of the diabolical
- Good!Lionel is actually not too bad for me. I was getting sick of all his scheming and plotting and me never being able to read him, even if Clark playing him was wicked fun...

Quote:
-Sigh, they're making me like Lana this season. I'm trying to fight it, you guys. Even MamaJason calling her beautiful repeatedly isn't killing it. Lana, whisper something annoyingly, betray one of your friends, or rant about seeecrets again, quick!
I feel ya hon.

Quote:
-Lex liking brunettes because of his mommy complex is a wee bit gross. Lionel knowing his Son's sex patterns is grosser.
Blech. I so see you on that one, 110%.

All in all, I give the ep an 8.5/10, kept my interest for sure. And next week's looks even more complicated...I can practically hear the thickening plots...

Old 11-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Positives
The maid’s discovery. That was great even though I knew it was coming. Somehow MR looks great even waking up covered in blood. I can't believe i just typed that. (Dead girl was posed a bit too nicely though.)

I was so hoping it would be the Kents watching his arrest. Don’t know why. I kind of liked the way his lawyer was talking to him. Then Clark showed up just like he was supposed to & we had Clex scene #1.

The entire evidence burning scene that resulted in Clex scene #2 & to me was reminiscent of Shattered when Lex asked Clark to help him. Then we come back from commercial & get Clex scene #3 because Clark helps Lex first & deals w/ consequences later. Lex asks why he would ‘take a nap’ next to the woman he just killed. Great delivery.

Counting the next Torch scene as Clex #4 because of some Clark dialogue, but I think this is the scene that felt like Pete should be popping up.

Chloe wants to ‘re-enact the event’, “Now push me up against the wall.”
That woman w/ her kids was hilarious.

Lack of certain characters interacting with certain other characters.

Lex’s hotness: for saving me from an endless speech about motives.

I often like Jason, “I bet she did” was delivered nicely.

The loft scene was Clex #5. It was goodness.

Do like the Jason/Momma foreshadowing (?): “Did I meet her by accident?” “Of course you did, Jason, how else could you meet her?”

Negatives
Why is she listening to that mp3 player at the opera & treating the place as a pick-up joint. She’s average looking & has no personality, no wonder he forgot her. I’m sorry, I don’t trust these women around Lex, as soon as they show up I suspect something, especially acting the way she was. My cousin put the disturbing thought in my head that he was doing this becuz he couldn’t have Lana. But no, it’s because the women…remind him of his mother. Yeah, that’s not really much better. Ditto on Lionel knowing Lex’s patterns although I suppose he believes in knowing as much as you can about an adversary.

Lana’s dream was lame. I’d been spoiled a while ago & vaguely remember expecting more from this angle. Initial reaction to Jason’s mother was that it was bad casting. Maybe the scene was written boring. Either way, not the highlight of the night. Later: gotta love the lightning going across momma’s face when she says Lana is special.

While I liked the lawyer in the earlier scene, I didn’t enjoy her resignation or any of the talk before it, didn’t felt he need to have us sit through all that.

Is she dead? Yep. 911 busy? Yep. & there’s that mp3 player. Okay, now we wait for Clark to show up….or we take him to his house & have an elaborately boring speech about motives. Seriously, this is one of the worst, I had to drown it out. I wish writers could find other ways to deliver this information. I’d rather have Chloe give a summary of this chick’s motives than listen to it for 8 hours. Lucky for me I noticed Lex looked hot so I just watched him. I was actually grateful for the Jason/Lana scene that followed the friggin FOTW-esque speech.

Neutral
Soon as the mp3 player was mentioned I knew it was going to show up. I half expected it to be taped under his car like in “Zero”.

Lionel requested to see Clark so he could help Lex. Lionel acting nice is completely weird. *shiver*.

Chloe got a haircut.
Anyone else notice they use that music a lot? The score for the first Torch scene.
Lionel’s behavior is very Hannibal Lechter.
“Something happened to Lionel in prison. I think it changed him.” Yeah, something’s very wrong with that sentence.

That music that was playing while they were in the elevator is frickin weird.

The whole time they were looking for the earring, I was like, “use your x-ray vision, idiot”. I shouldn’t say things like that to fictional people on TV. It makes me seem crazy.

I know Clark went back to Lionel because he felt Lionel could help, but he did so after what seemed like an ultimatum from Lex to only trust one of them. Was that an oversight? That it could have been seen as choosing Lional over Lex? I mean, I know Clark mentioned trusting Lionel more later, but…I don’t know.

The way Lana told Jason she met his mom, it sounded like she was about to reveal she was pregnant, but we have to remember she’s been a ‘good little girl’.

Okay, who wants to hear their girlfriend tell them they dreamt about their mom. “Jason, I dreamt about her before I met her.” That was so creepy.

A lot of Chlark leg-work today. We all knew he was going to zip off. Chloe knew. Its’ true, she doesn’t even care anymore. It’s like, “oh, that Clark”.

So, now Clark is looking in Lionel’s eyes…

“And neither is Lex”…so, Jonathan’s against Lex again? I can never remember. And Martha’s fine with him, right? Is this still about the Clark-room? Bah.

It’s actually true as far as the future is concerned, maybe that fire would have saved the world a lot of grief. And shouldn’t Lex be talking about his “fourth” or “fifth” chance by now?

Okay, so does Momma Teague do this with all Jason’s girlfriends? They implied that right?

Last edited by calcium_yeah; 11-18-2004 at 01:54 AM
calcium_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Addicted Fan

I racapped this on my LJ here: Bound but I had three beers before I sat down to type it so I'm not sure it makes sense. Oh, wait, it didn't make sense in the first place...
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Since I am a Chlarker (squee at all the Chlarkness this episode and this season!) I try my best to avoid the Clark/Lex tones. It is the equivalent of sticking my fingers in my ears when I don't particularly like what someone is saying. But every once in awhile (okay fine, at least once in each episode), the dialogue and gazes between TW and MR just can't be ignored, the Ho!Yay is too strong, even for me.

The Clex scene in the barn? Totally Married!Couple-y or LongTermRelationship!Couple-y.

"What do you want me to say?"
"I don't want you to say anything, I want you to change."

Good Lord, do AlMiles even try and make it less HoYay-ish anymore? If I was writing for the show, and I was really, really trying to make the case that Clark and Lex are straight, I'd tone down those blantant HoYay lines and gazes. Sheesh.

Really, it is only when Clark is around Chloe (and from his reactions to her) that I believe that Clark likes girls.

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
THE CLARK
- I liked that little shout-out to Petey Pablo's song he did -- gave new meaning to taking your shirt and twisting it 'round your head, like a helicopter
-

OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! Sorry just had to say that was the funniest thing I have read on about this eppy so far.....thats awesome..lol
Old 11-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by chunkeymonkey1981
OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! Sorry just had to say that was the funniest thing I have read on about this eppy so far.....thats awesome..lol
...it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Oh and this:

Quote:
The Clex scene in the barn? Totally Married!Couple-y or LongTermRelationship!Couple-y.

"What do you want me to say?"
"I don't want you to say anything, I want you to change."
What I got from that whole scene was very Father Clark/Sinner Lex...which probably ends up being even more hoyayish, so never mind. You're right.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
What I got from that whole scene was very Father Clark/Sinner Lex...which probably ends up being even more hoyayish, so never mind. You're right.
Maybe it was intended to be Father Clark/Sinner Lex but it came off quite gay. However, I do like all the tension (that is not sexual) between the two now that Clark is more alert about what kind of a person Lex is/could become.

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread