Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is 9 too many? if you look at my beloved BSG - they were able to do 12 characters and it's epic so GT has beyond insane talent
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well if the Kents had the be included I'll just go with Liv's list.

Clark, Lois, Chloe Lana, Lex, Martha, Jonathan, Lionel and Oliver.
That seems about right. Those characters have longevity, significance and was important for the show during a certain era. And it's just 9 characters, so it would fit perfectly and no one would feel left out.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Is 9 too many? if you look at my beloved BSG - they were able to do 12 characters and it's epic so GT has beyond insane talent
Just because we do it for one board and it works out, doesn't mean it will always. It all depends on how the pictures look and the ability of our graphics team members. Most of the time we ask people to try to keep the amount of characters under 10. BSG was one that just didn't listen.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If that's the case than we are good if we do the 9 which will allow us to have The Kents can't think of anybody else personally

Guess next question is order

Clark of course center and focused than maybe Lois one side than Lex on the opposite side where Lex is his greatest enemy than Lionel beside Lex than beside Lois the Kents are just continue with ladies of one side of Clark being Lois-Chloe-Lana maybe with Oliver somewhere in there than Kents somewhere too

Mel No I don't listen but trust me - I don't do it to be difficult where it was just impossible to me to try to really narrow it down for BSG

Last edited by crash landing; 09-23-2016 at 06:20 PM
Old 09-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I get that for some boards it's hard to narrow it down, but for Smallville it shouldn't be that hard to keep it at 7-9. You should try to think about "Who made a major impact on the show?" and if there's any doubt or people don't all see it that way, you shouldn't include those characters as they might just be fan favourites;

Quote:
ITA don't know if we could think of a 10th cause I hate uneven numbers but that's just me being me
For banners, uneven usually works out better as it's a lot easier to make the banner look symmetrical in a way. It looks better.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh didn't know uneven works better for banners - guess that does make sense

My opinion is 9 cause can't really think of any others personally - we had some seasonal villains that are major Superman but don't think they are big enough to include aka Brainac/Zod/Doomsday - think Luthor's work cause of the big impact on Clark and than Lionel's own impact to Lex
Old 09-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

You are over thinking it Sarah. For a show like this it is best to just go with the main most important characters to the show overall. You also may not have promotional pictures for all the characters you are thinking of .

As for ordering not everyone on the team does their graphics the same way with a character in the middle and everyone on either side. It depends on the show, pictures, and team member. Personally I prefer to know which characters need to be next to each other and any who should not be next to each other and then go from there seeing what I find works best.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright I'm officially done thinking cause Rae's right where I ALWAYS over think things

So those 9 are my finally decision

Colours are good on the current scheme unless it can be worked on a soft/smoothing with Red/Blue
Old 09-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Good . I like being right.

It has been a very long time since I have seen any of Smallville but to me the seven characters originally listed by Tia seem enough to me. I do not know Oliver's importance as I never saw any of the later seasons that I remember but I trust that he had importance. If you included Martha and Jonathan I feel they could be smaller? But I never cannot say I necessarily paid the show attention when it was on, I just saw bits and pieces .

When you have all decided on which characters you would like to include are there any pictures of them you would love for us to use? Please keep in mind that we use phtoshoots and prefer the highest quality of pictures as possible.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh you knew you were right you've had to deal with me for the last year and a half with my own boards

I think our ultimate decision is going to be to include or not to include The Kents my vote is Yes

Ultimately my mind is very fuzzing aka why doing a rewatch from start to finish but I think Oliver had a major enough role but guess another ultimate decision is did he pay enough of a role to be included
Old 09-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Personally I'd agree with the original list given with the seven characters. As when you include Oliver, you have to keep in mind that there are other characters on the same level of appearance/importance as him that you'd have to include as well then. It's choices like this that need to be made, and can be when other posters read this thread.

I look forward to seeing your list of characters, and pictures. Thank you.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Point made - cause there's Tess and Jimmy that I guess I can think of at possible same level as Oliver
Old 09-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I actually liked Sarah's order of characters.

From left to right I have five other suggestions suggestions. And these were even difficult. lol
Lana, Chloe, Oliver, Lex, Clark, Lois, Jonathan, Martha and Lionel.
Jonathan, Martha, Lionel, Lex, Lana, Clark, Lois, Chloe and Oliver.
Lionel, Oliver, Lana, Lex, Clark, Chloe, Lois, Martha and Jonathan.
Martha, Lionel, Lex, Lana, Clark, Chloe, Lois, Oliver and Jonathan.
Jonathan, Martha, Lionel, Lex, Clark, Lois, Lana, Chloe and Oliver.
Found pictures on Google, but trying to find a site.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Then is it safe to say that you trust the team to create their own order and use all of your lists as inspiration for who should be next to who? I feel there is an endless list of possibilities for the order and if it is hard for you then it may be better to leave it for the team to decide what works best for them .

Sarah I think you missed my point about Oliver but that is not important. It is best to wait and see what other people say about who they would like to see in the graphic.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yup. Jonathan and Martha should DEFINITELY be near each other Clark and Lois as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
It has been a very long time since I have seen any of Smallville but to me the seven characters originally listed by Tia seem enough to me. I do not know Oliver's importance as I never saw any of the later seasons that I remember but I trust that he had importance. If you included Martha and Jonathan I feel they could be smaller? But I never cannot say I necessarily paid the show attention when it was on, I just saw bits and pieces .
Well I watched all the seasons more than once so I know the importance.
The Kents are very important to the show but I never felt it was a deal breaker if they weren't on the show although their presence is felt.

They both were important to Clark's journey though so, I wouldn't mind adding them.

Lionel Luthor is a character that stayed longer than expected but after Season 3, his character serve an importance that we probably never expected. And of course he viewed Clark as more than a son then Lex.... so umm yeah. I don't want to spoil anything but his character does stay on the show for a long time and he really represent that characters a lot of people really hated or really loved. lol

Oliver character did serve importance to the show, especially during Season 8-10. When I think of the later seasons, Oliver is the character I think about because he sort of took Lex place as the best friend for Clark... I know Lex turned evil but yeah. He filled that void when Lex left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Point made - cause there's Tess and Jimmy that I guess I can think of at possible same level as Oliver
I loved Jimmy on the show and of course Tess, but Oliver's level of importance was greater. And it's great because Oliver first season is actually season 6, but his first time as a series regular is Season 8.
Reply   Post New Thread