Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 09-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yayyy. This is awesome.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YES! So happy about this.

The characters should definitely be: Clark, Lois, Lana, Chloe, Oliver, Lex and Lionel.
My second list would be: Clark, Lois, Lana, Chloe, Jimmy (or Tess), Oliver, Lex, Jonathan, Martha and Lionel.
Colors would probably have to be blue and red... Superman type colors...

Last edited by eternalfate; 09-22-2016 at 06:44 PM
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

If you like the current colours we could keep with these shades ?
Old 09-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
If you like the current colours we could keep with these shades ?
I do like these current colors as well, but I guess it depends on what everyone else would like.
So, if we kept the colors, it'd just be a new banner right?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Mainly, yes. The team would use these colours for the new graphic but the customisation would then be altered to match the new graphic so there may be some changes to the current colours.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
YES! So happy about this.

The characters should definitely be: Clark, Lois, Lana, Chloe, Oliver, Lex and Lionel.
I agree with this list Those are definitely the most important characters to me. I wouldn't mind including a few others but I think it looks better with not too many people in it, like the current banner.

As for the colours, I do love the current ones and they match the show's theme, so maybe just something similar?

What does everyone else think?
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes! with the first list, I was thinking of the characters who has the longevity. And the characters from that list were in it the longest and serve the most importants. The Kents does as well but Lionel was actually on the show longer. So, I'd choose him.

I'm confused as to what colors I really want.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

To be fair, the current colours are already quite superman-y, so it makes perfect sense to what to keep them to an extend.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Awesome!

I definitely agree with Tia's character lists. Clark, Chloe, Lois, Lana, Lex, Martha, Jonathan, Lionel and Oliver. I've actually always felt that the current colours don't really represent Superman, or Smallville in general. The borders could be more of a blue like this;

then we could have soft reds and yellows if that would work...I was thinking of the Smallville High colours more than the Superman suit itself. Just my thoughts.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

That blue would hurt your eyes within the first week of having your colours.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

True, I guess it's a little too blue. Perhaps a bit softer then. I was just thinking it for the borders anyways.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the current colors are perfect sometimes something that isn't exactly as you expect is perfect - I think this color scheme or something similar is perfect - its very soft/smoothing aka why I my BSG colors even if I don't see it matching the show feel - blue/red for Superman would be perfect but not sure it can be done without being too dark or hard on the eyes. So I feel this scheme is perfect

Clark
Lex
Lois
Lana
Chloe
Oliver
Jonathan
Martha

I do feel Lionel is important but he would be last on my feelings - otherwise feel those are the most constant/connected to the series and longevity - closest to Clark whom he had the closest relations with
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lionel does serve importance in the future though... you aren't there yet, but starting in mid season 4, Lionel's character becomes even important to Clark's journey... because of something that happens. lol

And he's definitely important to Lex journey to why Lex became the person he was.
I mean technically he was on more episodes than Lois, Oliver, Martha and Jonathan. So, I think Lionel definitely has to be in it.

I mean he's even 1/5 characters to appear in the first and last episode of the series.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do like the colors that the board already has. BUT, I always thought it was sad that Martha and Jonathan weren't included in the banner we currently have.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread