Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2017, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ The one when Lana told and showed Tess who Lex really was. I think that Lana probably saw herself a bit in Tess when she was blinded by his lies. I felt that was a powerful moment.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that scene too, and I agree that Lana understood what Tess was going through better than anyone
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yup and it was an important moment for Tess character. She finally got to stop being so blinded by Lex, and grow outside of his name.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ The one when Lana told and showed Tess who Lex really was. I think that Lana probably saw herself a bit in Tess when she was blinded by his lies. I felt that was a powerful moment.
I think Lana felt that way too, especially in Bulletproof when she first talks to Tess in the Luthor mansion. Before Lana actually speaks to Tess, she has no way of knowing if Tess really cared about Lex or if she simply wanted the power and money.

But you can tell when Lana meets Tess and hears her defend and protect Lex in almost the exact same language as Lana's when she used to defend him, Lana says something to her like, "I've stood where you are, in that same spot." So I think it was hard for Lana to rip the rug out from Tess, because she knows how painful it is to be betrayed by Lex. I thought it was a great BFF relationship in the making.

The two women who outsmarted and survived the Luthors.

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
I think Lana felt that way too, especially in Bulletproof when she first talks to Tess in the Luthor mansion. Before Lana actually speaks to Tess, she has no way of knowing if Tess really cared about Lex or if she simply wanted the power and money.

But you can tell when Lana meets Tess and hears her defend and protect Lex in almost the exact same language as Lana's when she used to defend him, Lana says something to her like, "I've stood where you are, in that same spot." So I think it was hard for Lana to rip the rug out from Tess, because she knows how painful it is to be betrayed by Lex. I thought it was a great BFF relationship in the making.

The two women who outsmarted and survived the Luthors.
I agree with you.
It was a relationship I would have loved to see so more of. The way Lana just read Tess and told Tess exactly the type of person who Lex really is and you can tell how sad Lana was because she knew how it was to be Tess.

It was a great friendship in the making, too bad KK didn't stick around for it to build more. I think her scenes with Tess and the Legion was the only thing I liked from Lana return in season 8.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree with you.
It was a relationship I would have loved to see so more of. The way Lana just read Tess and told Tess exactly the type of person who Lex really is and you can tell how sad Lana was because she knew how it was to be Tess.

It was a great friendship in the making, too bad KK didn't stick around for it to build more. I think her scenes with Tess and the Legion was the only thing I liked from Lana return in season 8.
I'm actually okay that KK didn't stick around because I'd had all the Clana I could take, haha, but it would've been cool to have their friendship a little bit more developed before Lana left. I've written a few fan fics that delved into their friendship more, which was fun to write.

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Old 09-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I would have liked Lana to stay if Clana had been officially dropped because I was so drained with seeing it...
But, I just loved Tess/Lana friendship a lot when I re-watched the episodes since I forgot about it.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Same here. The Clana had to go. My goodness, so not enough Clois. Lana's scenes crying in the barn with Clark bored me. Her power in the Luthor dynasty was much more fun to watch.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you think if Tess and Lana spent more time together they would have became closer?
Old 10-17-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

please add me
Old 03-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Do you think if Tess and Lana spent more time together they would have became closer?

Absolutely. I believe they kept in touch and maybe even saw each other in Europe from time to time. They could have a great time catching up and spending Lex's money, haha. But seriously, yeah, I think it would've been very in character for them to keep in touch and grow as friends. There aren't very many people they could talk to about what it was like as a woman to survive the Luthor dynasty. It's a real connection to have another person who understands what that's like.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
Absolutely. I believe they kept in touch and maybe even saw each other in Europe from time to time. They could have a great time catching up and spending Lex's money, haha. But seriously, yeah, I think it would've been very in character for them to keep in touch and grow as friends. There aren't very many people they could talk to about what it was like as a woman to survive the Luthor dynasty. It's a real connection to have another person who understands what that's like.
That is a great thought to assume that they kept in touch with each other. lol I don't think they did but I'd be happy if that was ever revealed or something.

And I agree with you on that connection!
I love that it was Lana to get through to Tess.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The next episode myself and Cece has, has a great Tess and Lana scene in it.

I think that myself and Paradise watched "Power" on this thread. lol
Old 04-24-2019, 01:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That is a great thought to assume that they kept in touch with each other. lol I don't think they did but I'd be happy if that was ever revealed or something.

And I agree with you on that connection!
I love that it was Lana to get through to Tess.
I love that too. I don't think anyone other than Lana could've convinced Tess that Lex didn't trust her completely. It had to be Lana.

But yeah, I definitely think Lana would become protective of Tess and would probably text/email her often just to check and see if she was still alive (lol, 'cause Tess dies A LOT), but I also think that what Lana went through with both Clark and Lex would make her initially keep her distance regarding phone calls or visits with Tess, if only to separate herself from Smallville. But I definitely see Tess calling Lana when she found out about being Lionel's daughter if only to ask if Lana had known the whole time. I wrote a fan fiction with a potential version of that scene here.

I thought about writing a funny ficlet taking place in Season 10 when Tess has just been having a rough time adjusting to learning that she was Lionel's daughter, and that Lana would convince Tess to meet her in Europe and they'd play a game called "Who can spend more of Lex's money?" just for fun, and Lana would distract Tess and show her something fun about having all that money. Poor Tess, she was so busy dealing with all of the evils in Smallville that you never saw her even go on a spending spree. She DESPERATELY needs to have some fun! So I think a little ficlet about them enjoying Europe without a budget would be awesome.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It had to be Lana and Lana had to show her the proof for she can really open her eyes and realized how much she was getting played.

It would be nice if Lana/Tess interacted off screen. I doubt it but it's a nice though. lol
Haha! of course you wrote a fanfictions of it!
I'll read it sometime this week.
Reply   Post New Thread