Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 7x18 "Apocalypse" Episode Discussion

Hello and welcome to the "Apocalypse" episode discussion thread

All standard spoiler rules apply.

This episode is scheduled to Air May 1, 2008 on The CW at 8pm EST.

Here is the official spoiler filled CW summary:

Clark sees what life would be like if he had never arrived on earth — Clark (Tom Welling) discovers that Kara (Laura Vandervoort) sent messages from Krypton in the past that indicate that Brainiac (guest star James Marsters) wants to kill Baby Kal-El so Clark will not exist in the future. Clark is torn because he thinks the world would be better off if he had never arrived in Smallville.
Jor-El arranges for him to see what life would have been like if Clark hadn't existed - Lex (Michael Rosenabum) is President of the United States, Kara is raised by the Luthors, Jonathan (John Schneider) is alive, Lana (Kristin Kreuk) is happily married and Chloe (Allison Mack) and Lois (Erica Durance) are ace reporters. Aaron Ashmore also stars.

Directed by: Tom Welling!

Written by: Turi Meyer & Al Septien

Meanwhile, TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...

Clark, through a series of messages sent by Kara from Krypton, discovers what Earth would be like had he never arrived: Jonathan is still alive; Lex is the president; the Luthors have raised Kara; Lana is happily married; and Chloe and Lois are ace reporters. Tom Welling directed this episode.

Smallville - Apocalypse Extended Trailer

Smallville - Apocalypse Director's Cut

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Lex becomes president? Damn.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks again for starting this thread Strider. I think we can expect a better episode than last week.
2old2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since we get to see the episode a day early in some places of Canada, I caught the tail end of it. And whoa!! Won't spoil it but it's good.

Also saw a picture of Chloe and George from the AU. Hottie alert!

DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

tonight's episode KILLED ME, i have no words.
Sark and Draco Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it was awesome...kudos to tom for directing and getting such great performances from everyone
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was definitely the best episode of the season by a mile. The acting and directing were top notch and of course I loved the Clois scenes. I also loved seeing Clark actually acting like Superman. He was proactive in this episode and thought for himself and I think he looked great in the suit and glasses. I'll post more later once I've rewatched the clips a couple hundred times.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Wingster...Right about Tom's directing. He does an excellent job, and you have to remember he's already on set for 10-12 hrs a day as "Clark Kent". Remarkable!

Rachel...This will be one of the top episodes of S7. We've had some really good ones and some very forgetful ones. That's the deal with SV, you are either riding a wave of awesome, or you get...well "Sleeper"

I missed the first 10 min. of the episode, so I'll be back with a review/replying to people's thoughts/reactions tomorrow.

As far as iconic things...what more do you want? Lex was president and pulled it off brilliantly, Kara was there, Brainiac (always awesome), you had Jimmy with the charm/witty replies, Lois was our fearless reporter...we got to see Clark in the suit and glasses, and Lex shot people with k-bullets...as I said what more do you want!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Pretty good ep. vast improvement over last week's. but like many time-traveling storylines, it brings certain questions. for instance, Clark putting himself in the ship was kinda weird. does that mean when he's submerged in that kryptonite memory bath, his memories of seeing Lara and jor-el putting him in will instead be replaced by an image of adult him holding him and staring him? O_o

also, is it wrong that I was hoping for Kara to spill the milk all over her chest at the end? just have it pour down and get everywhere on her body?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This week's episode was really good. Some hits and some misses for me though.

I loved the end, and actually seeing Krypton (or some of it).

I loved Clark and baby Clark together.

I actually really liked Lois also. I wish Smallville Lois resembled AU Lois in some way shape or form...

I'm not a big Clois fan so that didn't do much for me, but it was cool to see Clark in glasses

DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

well written by all. i had wished to hope to see a cameo of John Schneider. But I guess Lex in a white suit as president was suffice. Kara looked nice in a business suit.

Very good episode, are we done with Brainac or not..... I have feeling he got inside Kara .

the whole scene with Kara and Kal lel was nice scene. .

Not sure,I don't want to look at spoilers, how they are ending the season. with now michael not coming back at all and Kristen only doing maybe 1/2 season. I my guess is she stays in a coma .

The whole World without clark was a nice twist to the series and seeing clark dressed like Clark Kent was funny, not really the suit we want to see him in.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Part 1:

Very cool opener. Still not a fan of doom-and-gloom Clark since he keeps blaming himself for everything but it was great that Chloe finally put him in his place. Way to go Jor-El. Can't wait to see what unfolds with Clark not existing.

Ha, another Clark Kent. How sweet! Kinda cute too. Bummer that John Schnider won't be returning. I was so hoping for some kind of miracle that he would.

Part 2:

Man this episode is good. Love this alternate universe: Chloe is engaged to a very hot guy, Lana is married with kids (and out of Clark's life!), Jimmy is sporting the classic look with the bowtie, and Lois has all ready fall head over heals for Clark.

"Clumsy but cute," Lois

"Name's Lois, Lois Lane."
"Clark Kent".

Kara, I mean Linda, is working for Lex?! Crazy. And isn't the name Linda the one Kara took when she lost her memory; weird. Not to mention Lex Luthor is the president of the United States. In that case I would not want to live in that world.

Part 3:

Love how Clark handled Jimmy by putting him up against the shelf like that to get information.
Sheriff Adams is no longer Sheriff of Smallville but works for the government; that is so cool! Way to go Clark for grilling her until she gave him answers.

Man this episode is Clois packed! Me like! It was awesome how Clark found Lois and use his super speed and strength to stop the government dudes. And then took Lois with him. I half expected him to swoop in and life his feet off the floor a bit but oh well. Super speeding with Lois in his arms is a litte more hot I think.

"You okay?"- Clark
"Yeah talk about sweeping a girl off her feet."- Lois

Part 4:

Okay talk about insaine- Lex is moving himself to a bomb shelter because he wants to innitiate a nuclear attack on the planet how cool- not cool as in cool but you know what I mean. And then the fact that Milton Fine is behind it also rocks. I was wondering when we would get to see Braniac again.

Oh man, oh man, oh man, the official Superman in disguise as Clark Kent make over! Way to go Lois Lane! I had read the spoilers on this moment but now I'm actually excited that it finally came. Clark even did the whole push up the glasses nerd thing that is classic with the character. Now I can totally see Christopher Reeves in Tom Welling. Tom looks just like him in so many ways.

Okay so the Luthors took in Kara and Lex is like a brother to her; that's just weird and twisted.

Loved that small fight between Kara and Clark. And how she tried to hurt him.

This is gonna be fun; Superman and Supergirl team up to stop Braniac!

Part 5:

Very cool. Lex is still too parinoid in the alternate universe. I couldn't believe he shot Clark with a kryptonite bullet as well as Kara.

I find it cool that Lex is still the ultimate bad guy no matter what universe; he still wants control of the world.

Part 6:

Impressive moments- the battle on Krypton was cool!

Did anyone have that "New Adventures of Lois and Clark" feeling when Clark held himself and then put his infant self in the ship? It was the episode with that time machine builder when they went back to when Clark first came to Earth. So loved how the moment on Krypton felt like that.

Part 7:

The ending was great.

"This is a new side to Clark Kent. Mild mannered reporter for a metropolitan newspaper." Lois

"You'd think I could come up with the perfect thing to say but uh, I'm drawing a blank. I don't do well with sad."- Lois
"Don't beat yourself up over it, Lois, it's okay."- Clark
"No it's not, Smallville you were there for me when I had a shoulder to cry on and I'm blowing this big time. Look I just wish I could make everything all right."- Lois
"You're a good friend, Lois."- Clark

Man I just loved the look these two gave each other. It was like they wanted to say something else but the looks definately classifed in the "I have secret feelings for you" catagory!

Loved how Lois took Clark out for a beer. It really showed that no matter what universe, Clark and Lois will always be together.

Overall:

This is now my favorite episode of season 7. I haven't been all that impressed with Smallville this year but this one rocked, and it helped that TW directed it since he always seems to do an incredible job with them.

Loved, loved, loved, all of the Clois moments in and out of the Alternate Universe. It's been a bummer that Lois hasn't really been around much but this certainly made up for it.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

my first thought is this episode could have been a lot better. first of all it would have been better if no one could see clark, because then he could really see what everyone's life would be like without him. also it would have been cool to see johnathen and martha.

i did like the whole clark and lois working together, even if it was only for a few scenes. i loved how they had clark wear glasses like superman.

the whole thing with kyrton, was kind of rushed and sudden. i think it would have been better, if they ended the episode with clark realizing it was jor-el and talking to chloe about how he was wrong and that he has go back.

then next week episode showed how he got there and more of kyrton then just the one scene. i think they could have easily made these two really powerful episodes, what do you guys thing?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved this episode. First I find it interesting that the depicted future of Lex as president and starting a nuclear war was the future that old lady saw years ago. I'm sorry I don't know the exact episode.

Also I love the Superman references, and I love the fact that they followed the comic on some things. Lex had the glove on his hand, which means he had been wearing the Kryptonite ring. Also the kryptonite bullet is from the comic too. The Lois and Clark stuff was good too.
jimbo jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Extreme Fan

the episode is hourglass
Reply   Post New Thread