Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She's in Riese too
Old 03-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

I haven't even noticed that. Seems like Allison is stealing all my attention on this pic.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What a surprise
Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Can't help myself, she's to awesome.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

the third pic is sooooo cute. What episode is it from and what was she noting down? Was she rating Clark?
Old 03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
To me Chloe's character is just getting better and better. There's an explanation behind her attitude and I can understand where she is coming from for the most part. She does need to be in season 10 especially if it's the last season. She's the best thing on the show right now, she's the part of mystery and she bring a fresh and new energy everytime she's in a scene.
I completely agree! A lot of people are saying that Chloe is reminding them a lot of S7 Lana and in some ways, I agree. However I think Chloe has way more reason and motive behind why she is acting this way so I feel that I can understand her being this way more-so then when Lana was being this way. I'm not just saying this because I like Chloe better, I just always found Lana's reasoning behind her actions in S7 non-sensible. I really tried racking my brain to figure out why she did the things she did and I could never find an reason that was enough to excuse her character. For Chloe, I don't have to rack my brain at all to think of why Chloe would be doing what shes doing and if it's necessary! It's obvious why Chloe is the way she is and I find her actions smart and very Chloe-like. She may be doing things with a darker tone but I feel like she has to considering what they are up against.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's from Nicodemous I believe

And with Lana, I understand why she was so angry and wanting revenge against Lex and Lionel. But her bigger plans and ambitions during season 7 confused me. Setting up something like Isis didn't really seem in character for someone who only the previous season had happily given up college to settle in the mansion with Lex. And I'm not knockinng Lana, just she and Chloe are very different people, Lana has always been more about the romantic plots, and I just never saw Lana as being driven in the same way to build up things like Isis But then I didn't really see it as in character for Chloe to suddenly lead counselling groups at Isis either
Old 03-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Absolute Fan

I could understand Lana being upset with Lex and Lionel for what they did to her and her wanting revenge on them made sense but the stuff that confused me was stuff like her starting Isis up and faking her death. As you said, it didn't really feel like Lana to start up an organization like that. I can understand Lana wanting to protect meteor freaks after finding out about Clark cause Lana was good-hearted like that but at the same time, it felt like she just kinda jumped into trusting meteor freaks just cause she heard about Clark. After all the times she's been attacked by one, you'd think it would take a little longer to start trusting them and that's why it doesn't really make sense to me why she would suddenly be trying to be all BFF with them. It even took Chloe a while to start trusting them, even after she found out she was one. She actually started distrusting herself before she started trusting them and she hadn't been attacked by them nearly as much as Lana had. When Chloe did take over Isis, i thought it did make sense because Chloe saw for herself that not all meteor freaks go bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of Lana for doing something like that but I just feel like they should have worked her into it more and taken their time getting Lana to trust people, especially meteor freaks.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
the stuff that confused me was stuff like her starting Isis up and faking her death. As you said, it didn't really feel like Lana to start up an organization like that.
It just seemed like a really impressive ambition to achieve for someone who had been set up as the smalltown girl, and the person that would be more likely to fixate on the person she loves being an alien, rather than seeing the wider implications of wanting to help all meteour freaks. That's more of a Chloe thing

But then I think the writers did tend to take Lana too far in times. In season 1 it was interesting when she appealed to save the Talon because of the memories attached to it for her, but then it turns into Lana running the entire business while she's still at school Or in season 3 when she suddenly gets accepted to art school in Paris.If anything the writers trying so hard to make Lana this unrelatable perfect person is what turned a lot of the audience against her, if they had just relaxed and let her be the smalltown person and high school sweetheart that the show had originally set up for her...

But I'm getting O/T, so I'll stop now
Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ill vote #2

Marija.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

#1 - 2 votes

#2 - 2 votes

Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

I get your points Naomi and Chloie. SV tried to hard to built Lana's character up to be more than just the cute cheerleader girl. She was always the one person who needed the most protection imo and when she suddenly started to be more like her new family name it felt definitely out of character.
But that's the problem SV often has - they don't spend enough time on those character developments.
It's the same with Chloe this season. Sure I'm able to relate to the reason that made Chloe (or Lana) change but I just miss to see the little steps in between. To see them struggle, and realizing. we know Chloe is very cold this season because of the Davis arc and because Clark turned his back on her but her overnight change of mind feels like a missed opportunity to tell some interesting stories.
There was just one character's story that followed this evolution in very little steps and that's Lex' story into the dark.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
New Fan

# 1

The animation *_* I bad-ass Chloe

jette, ITA with you. Chloe's change has reasons and we all know what they are, the thing is, they didn't show us her gradually changing, we just found her a different person than she was before. With Lana it's the same thing, just more *obvious* 'cause she suddenly became a whole other character. I think the problem with SV is that they focus on every single thought and feeling Clark has and all of a sudden realize they have left other characters behind...I know Clark is the protagonist, but I think they should concentrate on other characters too, because we need to see them growing up and changing to understand them and their actions.

Last edited by Morgaine Le Fay; 03-08-2010 at 10:26 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread