Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ralph likes the baddies.

Quote:
Ralph Fiennes is in talks to play Hades, the god of the underworld, and Liam Neeson, who is in negotiations to take on Zeus, in Clash Of The Titans - which already has Sam Worthington and Gemma Arterton playing leading roles.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, is this a remake ? The 1980's movie with Maggie Smith is an old favourite of mine, in spite of the cheesy effects and acting. Ralph Fiennes in the role of Hades should be great.
Rousseau did a strange thing for a philosopher. He married Thérèse, an illiterate maid who didn't even know the months of the year... which must have bade for some of the most fantastic conversations ever... With him going "How can we be certain that what we perceive is actually real ?" and her going "Ooh, I don't know... Now I've got one for you, have we had february yet ?"
Old 04-09-2009, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I believe so. A reinterpretation if you will.
Quote:
Some DH news.
Variety reports tonight the actor, who is reportedly in advanced negotiations to appear in the remake of "Clash of the Titans," is trying to work his schedule as "the thesp wants to squeeze in all these commitments before returning to his role as uber-villain Voldemort in the final Harry Potter installment, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II," which begins production in the fall."
And something new to add to his busy schedule.

Quote:
In one last fun related note, it seems that the Dark Lord will be making an appearance with Professor Trelawney of sorts as Variety also reports that Ralph Fiennes "will also take on an uncredited cameo in Working Title's sequel to 2005 hit "Nanny McPhee," in which Emma Thompson will reprise her role as a magical governess."
source ~ Leaky.com
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Loyal Fan

That's nice. Maybe he's doing it out of friendship for Emma Thompson ? And of course, I can't wait to see him in DH (but isn't Voldemort also in Part I ?)
I'm still pissed off that The Reader didn't get a release in my country. I was so looking forward to that movie.
Rousseau did a strange thing for a philosopher. He married Thérèse, an illiterate maid who didn't even know the months of the year... which must have bade for some of the most fantastic conversations ever... With him going "How can we be certain that what we perceive is actually real ?" and her going "Ooh, I don't know... Now I've got one for you, have we had february yet ?"
Old 04-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

He's was fantastic in The Reader. Almost makes you forget he plays Voldermort.

Yes, Voldermort is in the very first scene in the movie but that doesn't mean they have to shoot that way.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
In one last fun related note, it seems that the Dark Lord will be making an appearance with Professor Trelawney of sorts as Variety also reports that Ralph Fiennes "will also take on an uncredited cameo in Working Title's sequel to 2005 hit "Nanny McPhee," in which Emma Thompson will reprise her role as a magical governess."
Oh that's nice! It's sweet to see them working together in something else.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's quite cool! It would be fun to say. I have to admit, I rather enjoyed the first one, it was very cute

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Just saw the new trailer. The young actors playing Child and Teenage Tom Riddle aka Lord Voldermort look creepy and just perfect for the role. Can't wait to see them in HBP.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 04-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

I think they'll be good. But we've barely seen teenage Riddle so far in trailers or sneak peeks. I wonder why there's so much mystery around him.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was just reading one of my favourites, Ricky Gervais' blog and came across an entry about casting Ralph in his new movie!

Quote:
Had a meeting with Ralph Fiennes. I'm always impressed with his questions and thoughtfulness about the part. That's why he's one of the greatest actors in the world I suppose.

Found the perfect house for Ralph Fiennes' character in Cemetery Junction. (Mr Kendrick by the way.)
I don't remember hearing about this casting news so this is pretty exciting. It will be interesting to see Ralph in what I can only imagine will be a comedy, since it's creator is Ricky Gervais!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

A Warner Bros released article which discusses Voldemort in HBP:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...-s-past-65163/

Quote:
Harry actually has no idea who the Half-Blood Prince is. All he knows is he was the previous owner of an old textbook, which Harry inherited when he enrolled in Professor Slughorn's Potions class. Yates offers, "The book says it is the 'Property of the Half-Blood Prince,' but there is no name and no other record of him, so his identity is an enigma. But whoever he was, he was obviously very smart; he was capable of taking the conventional recipes for certain potions and spells and making them significantly better. He was an original thinker but also quite a dark thinker. The things he came up with eventually lead Harry into some very intense territory."

Handwritten along the margins of the Advanced Potion Making textbook, the notes from the Half-Blood Prince help make Harry even more of a star in Slughorn's class, which plays perfectly into Dumbledore's plans. He knew the Potions professor would try to "collect" Harry and bluntly tells Harry to let him. Michael Gambon explains, "Dumbledore knows Slughorn is hiding some important information about the young Tom Riddle, but he needs Harry to get him to reveal it."

Dumbledore believes that the key to Lord Voldemort's defeat lies in his past; therefore he has been gathering any memories he can of Tom Riddle, trying to glean when and how Riddle gained the knowledge that enabled him to become, as he says, "the most dangerous Dark Wizard of all time." Each memory he procures is carefully labeled and stored in a glass vial, including his own earliest recollections. Taking one out, he pours the contents into a floating Pensieve and shows Harry his first memory of Tom Riddle as a mere child.

Harry watches as a younger Dumbledore arrives at Wool's Orphanage. Production designer Stuart Craig says that the exterior of the orphanage was inspired by a building he came across while location scouting on the dockside in Liverpool. "There was this monolithic brick structure that dominated everything around it," he describes. "It was very sinister, very prison-like, and the design grew out of that. For the interior we used this glazed tile that was typical of Victorian institutions because it was durable and easy to clean. It has a dark, oppressive look that perfectly suited the environment we wanted to create for the orphanage."

Inside the orphanage, Dumbledore is led to a cheerless room and is greeted by the cold stare of the young Tom Riddle. The part of the 11-year-old Tom is played by Hero Fiennes Tiffin, who happens to be the nephew of Ralph Fiennes, the actor who portrays Lord Voldemort. "Tom is a dark, gloomy boy," says Tiffin, who was age 10 when he won the role of Tom Riddle as a boy. "He has these special powers and he can hurt anyone who is mean to him. He doesn't have any friends at the orphanage, so he steals other people's things because it makes him feel close to them. It's very sad."

"Hero was fantastic," Heyman states. "He is a lovely, charming boy, yet he was able to create an eerie detachment and a sense of control that I think is chilling onscreen."

"He's absolutely the sweetest kid you'd ever want to meet," Yates confirms. "He took direction so well. It wasn't difficult because he's quite charismatic, so it was just a matter of switching off any emotion and letting him be very still and very calm."

Dumbledore tells Tom that, at Hogwarts, he will be taught how to use and control magic. He leaves not knowing the wheels he has unwittingly set in motion, "but it is scary to realize that the die was cast all those years ago," says David Barron.

Dumbledore later shows Harry another memory, this one of a 16-year-old Tom Riddle, who has become one of Horace Slughorn's prized pupils. Frank Dillane, who plays the teenaged Riddle, notes, "Tom is very charming but very manipulative. His relationship with Slughorn is a bit topsy-turvy. I mean, in the student/teacher relationship, the teacher should be the one that commands authority. But from what we see, Tom is the one who appears to be pulling the strings."

"Frank did an amazing job of conveying that there is something brewing just beneath the surface," Barron says. "Tom is exceedingly polite, yet there is something vaguely threatening about him that obviously unnerves Slughorn."

On this particular evening, Tom lingers after one of Slughorn's gatherings and asks him about "a bit of rare magic." But Slughorn angrily cuts him off, refusing even to discuss such matters and ordering him out of the room.

Harry is understandably confused until Dumbledore explains that the memory is a lie. It has been altered by the one whose memory it is: Horace Slughorn. And whatever information Slughorn did impart to Tom could lead them to the only way to defeat Voldemort. Somehow, Harry must get Slughorn to overcome his guilt and his fear and divulge what, in truth, he remembers.

"This represents a real progression for Harry as a character," Yates observes. "Harry is fighting a war so when Dumbledore tells him that, with this memory, they could defeat Voldemort, that's all he needs to know. Killing Voldemort is what primarily drives Harry, so Slughorn becomes just a means to an end. It is a definite departure to see Harry Potter working this guy to get what he wants."
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to see Hero and Frank playing child and teen Tom Riddle. From what I have seen of the two in the trailers so far looks good.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 06-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

He speaks ! Frank Dillane, I mean. Amazing.

Can't wait to see them too, Kristi. They seem to have a good understanding of their character.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Plus the great things the three Davids said about them, sounds very promising.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Tom Riddle scene got some nice air time tonight. Despite the fact that most of us have seen it already, it's still very creepy. Hero is very impressive.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top