Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
In my opinion, Harry and Luna have such a wonderful connection that it simply trascends friendship and romance and everything else. They just are.
Totally agreed I think if some book friendship could have grown into romance it should have been HL. They had too much of a connection and if JKR had decided to explore it more and take a risk I think they would have been the best couple of the series (and it comes from someone who thinks that R/Hr is one of the greatest couples of all time ).

Oh, yes, exactly, I also loved what Oprah said. HP was the whole world for each fan and the fact that we may see this series differently and the relationships between characters differently only prove that JKR created something really special. And I don't think she herself would be pleased if all her fans had the same point of view on her series, because she always tried to make her series complecated two dementional and contradictive.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Moderator Manager

I would have loved to hear what she thought about all the fan ships for HP. She might go crazy on some though.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think if some book friendship could have grown into romance it should have been HL. They had too much of a connection and if JKR had decided to explore it more and take a risk I think they would have been the best couple of the series (and it comes from someone who thinks that R/Hr is one of the greatest couples of all time).
Completely agreed! But I bet she didn't expect HL's connection to take off like it did. It was just so natural, nothing forced about it, not really used as a prop for something else, it just grew on its own.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But I bet she didn't expect HL's connection to take off like it did. It was just so natural, nothing forced about it, not really used as a prop for something else, it just grew on its own.
Yes, I have that feeling too Usually, with a lot of couples, their connection is really forced, seems like a writer tried too hard to pair two characters. But with HL it was unintentional, they where not designed as a couple and that's why it worked perfectly. I think for a writer it is a rare and amazing gift. Too bad JKR didn't notice what a treasure fell into her own hands

I'm greatful for all the HL moments though.

ahah, some of the ships are really weird, but I think JKR is aware of them I think she knows about HL too, because this ship is rather real, I mean, they DID have moments together and they did have friendship so this ship is not that surprizing and shocking like some of others

Old 02-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing star (View Post)
Completely agreed! But I bet she didn't expect HL's connection to take off like it did. It was just so natural, nothing forced about it, not really used as a prop for something else, it just grew on its own.
Yes, I like that it wasn't forced and yet I don't think JKR wrote any "forced" couples in her books. The friendship is foremost my favorite for these two.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

There obviously are a few couples in the series that I don't like very much, but that's what I think about every single series I watch or read. There are always couples I love (canon and not canon) and there are couples I like not so much (especially in character driven series like Lost and I think it works for HP too). But that's the whole point, don't you think? You cannot please everyone with your every couple. There will be people who love one couple and dislike another and there will be opposite opinions and that's cool, that's the point of telling your story to people

As to friendship, I must say I prefer the Trio friendship to HL, but what I absolutely love about HL is their soul bound. They don't need to hang out together to have a connection, but when Harry needs her she is alwas there for him. Sometimes it even happens unintentionally like in the very end when he found himself sitting next to her and she again knew what to say and to do. They really could understand each other without saying a word.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Old 02-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

That picspam

Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
There obviously are a few couples in the series that I don't like very much, but that's what I think about every single series I watch or read. There are always couples I love (canon and not canon) and there are couples I like not so much (especially in character driven series like Lost and I think it works for HP too). But that's the whole point, don't you think? You cannot please everyone with your every couple. There will be people who love one couple and dislike another and there will be opposite opinions and that's cool, that's the point of telling your story to people
Exactly! And I'm glad that she was Harry's date at the Slug party - that he thought to bring her there. Luna has been a good friend to the trio but it was Harry that she bonded with the most.

manja: Thanks for the picspam. I loved that in the movie, Luna just held Harry's hand like that as a sign of her thanks.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Love that pic spam!

Quote:
Luna has been a good friend to the trio but it was Harry that she bonded with the most.
And they had more they could relate on than Luna had with either Ron or Hermione. And while I also prefer the trio's friendship overall (and think JKR's best relationships were the friendships), I like that Luna was someone Harry could have a deep bond with outside the trio.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Moderator Manager

^ And that is another friendship to look into. JKR wrote that. And like you said JKR did write the best about friendships from the books (amongst other things, also family & love).

Old 02-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with everything you said and I think that Luna had the strongest bound with Harry while with Ron or Hermione it was just a good friendship (I personally love her friendship with Ginny and too bad it wasn't explored more). It was HL when it wasn't even the Trio, because Luna could understand Harry on a level no one else could.

I also think that the whole series was about friendship, not romance and that's why I would have prefered not to have an epiloge set 20 years later and leave them all 17 years old teenagers.

But anyway, I still love everything we got from HL and nothing can take my love for them away, because for me it is not about who married whom, but what pairing I prefer Also of course nothing can take away Dan and Evanna's chemistry. Though I was a HL fan long before Evanna was even casted, but they played it perfectly and if I wasn't a shipper I would become one after seeing these two on-screen.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Moderator Manager

One of my fave H/L arts on deviantart.

Credit

Old 02-10-2011, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

Amazing HL shippers are talented people

Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for that gorgeous art! it!
Luna´s earrings.

This scene was so pretty, I can´t get over it.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top