Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Visionaries [H/L] #1 - Because she made him feel better

Welcome to the Harry/Luna Appreciation Thread!!!

Credit to: Ana Luthor

“The Harry/Luna relationship is still quite vague. We meet Luna Lovegood, a dreamy and gullible kind of girl, in the fifth book in the Harry Potter Series. When Harry first meets her, he, like most others, thinks she is a bit crazy. But, as the story progresses, Luna actually becomes a friend of Harry's. She shows her dedication to Harry and his friends in the Department of Mysteries, something that I'm sure Harry appreciates. The Harry/Luna relationship can now be described as a friendship, but what if it's something more? Towards the end of Order of the Phoenix, it seems as if something may bloom between the two. Luna and Harry definitely are alike in some ways, which may help lead them in a path towards not only a strong friendship, but possibly a chance at love.”

- From Beautiful Alone

Credit to: Ana Luthor

1. Ana Luthor ~ Harry&Luna ~ Ron&Hermione
2. 86manda86 (Manda) ---- *who was the one who came up with the name of our ship*
3. *Dark_Angel*4eva (Jade)
4. -=Trilly=-
5. Airie75
6. chianna
7. Mila_Masterson
8. N@uGHTy_GuRl_
9. min_martine
10. Cloudburst2000
11. Mayberry
12. ElfPrincessMarti
13. ~Lilith~ (Gabi)
14. Terpsichore
15. *antarian angel* (Sam)

[ Reasons ]

1) Harry originally thought she was weird, but now he understands her and knows he can trust her.
2) She has always believed him!
3) He realized he doesn't mind talking to her about Sirius.
4) She can see the Thestrals too.
5) She helped him get his story published.
6) She always told him what she thought.
7) She is not going to flip out over every little thing Harry does *cough*CHO*cough*
8) He's the most powerful wizard, and in case you didn't notice, she is the only one that didn't get injured at the ministry, other than Harry.
9) She is "out to lunch" as JKR put it and that may be just what Harry needs.
10) Harry found that the terrible weight in his stomach seemed to have lessened slightly. And it was because of Luna.
11) Because they both know what it's like to be talked about behind their backs
12) Because he offered to help her get back her stuff
13) Because he'd rather spend time with her than go to the end-of-year feast
14) Because they can ride off on a thestral in the moonlight without any trouble.
15) Because sometimes Luna understands Harry even better than Hermione or Ron.
16) Because he could trust Luna enough to tell her everything that was bothering him.
17) Because she makes Harry see outside his little world of the Gryffindor Common Room.
18) Because her flights of fancy help him to think outside the box.
19) Because her matter of fact manner grounds him.
20) Because Luna needs a bit of taming.
21) Because Luna doesn't need an excuse to use that Lion hat more often, but would be great if there was a special reason for it.
22) Because Luna needs someone who doesn't think she's an idiot and who's willing to stick up for her.
23) Because they're actually very alike in strange ways.
24) Because of the unconscious bond that they've created between each other.
25) Because Harry can't deny the fact that through Luna, he can see himself.

[ Links ]

Beautiful Alone – The Official Harry Potter/Luna Lovegood Fanlisting
Not as Loony as you think – A *brilliant* H/L essay
Harry/Luna Fotolog
Perfect Illusion - A Luna Lovegood Fansite
Distinct Dottiness (a luna lovegood fansite)
Unique - The Luna Lovegood FL
Luna Lovegood.a fanlisting.

Tell here or PM me if you want to be added Post away, people!!!

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

Last edited by Musidora; 02-19-2005 at 03:06 PM
Old 01-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Extreme Fan

hay first post! apart from you obviously Ana Luthor.

What i like about the Luna/Harry ship is that it can go either way i now what i'd prefer but Luna is a strong enough character to stand on her own and Harry doesn't need a girl who hangs off him all the time he has to many other things going on.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

I felt it most because she was the only one he came out a conversation about death with without feeling like crap. Even talking to other people who had gone through it, they didn't have the same effect as she did. Which makes me feel like he had been stifling some feelings that he'd had since...earlier.

I just think she'd be so good for him. She's not afraid to tell him what he needs to be told, and she's so whimsical and offbeat that she'd be good as a complement to his sometimes painful normality, maybe bring him out of it a little.

Basically, I'm not basing my liking of them as a couple on stuff I've seen in book 5, but on what I have imagined the two personalities would be like when meshed.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chianna
Harry doesn't need a girl who hangs off him all the time he has to many other things going on.
Yep!!! I hate when people say that we don't have a base for our ship. They're not in love and we're not saying they are, but for what we saw of Luna and Harry and how Harry thinks about her, they could be great together.

I used to be a H/G shipper, but something always didn't work for me. Ginny is a great girl, no doubt about it, but Luna...is Luna. As Harry said, she believes in so many extraordinary things. She's smart, funny and interesting. She's the friend he wants and the relief he needs. Dude, I'm dying to read HBP! OotP ended with that lovely H/L scene, who knows what JK planned for book 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airie75
Basically, I'm not basing my liking of them as a couple on stuff I've seen in book 5, but on what I have imagined the two personalities would be like when meshed
Exactly same here. Truth be told, nothing points H/L as a couple. Yet. All the hints that JK gave and what we know about both characters are enough for me to support a relationship between them.

Oh, do you guys want to be added to the list?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Ana please Add me!!!!!

Quote:
Yep!!! I hate when people say that we don't have a base for our ship. They're not in love and we're not saying they are, but for what we saw of Luna and Harry and how Harry thinks about her, they could be great together.
I think so too.

they are strange, but together they are great.

BRIAN: Look, I don't believe in love. I believe in ****ing. It's honest. It's efficient. You get in and out with a maximum of pleasure and a minimum of bull****. Love is something that straight people tell themselves they're in so that they can get laid..
Old 01-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Sure, add me. The H/L scene was the only part of the last chapter of OotP I liked. Otherwise, I thought that chapter was rather half-assed.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Extreme Fan

love the banner is that the girl from peter pan?

add me to the list please,

True we don't have a lot of canon evidence (though we have more than my other main ship with a actual chance of happening) but Luna's only been on Harry's radar for one year and we already know more about her than we do some characters that have been there from book 1. Wether she is Harry's LI or not she is going to be important to him their final scene was very suggestive for what their future relationship could be.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airie75
The H/L scene was the only part of the last chapter of OotP I liked
Sure it was. In fact, I'm not exaggerating when I say that this scene was probably one of my favorites. CapsLock!Harry gave us a break and he finally felt free to open up with someone. I'm glad that Luna was that someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chianna
love the banner is that the girl from peter pan?
Yep! And glad you liked I didn't even watch Peter Pan yet, but when I saw her picure-- ok, she is Luna.

Quote:
True we don't have a lot of canon evidence (though we have more than my other main ship with a actual chance of happening) but Luna's only been on Harry's radar for one year and we already know more about her than we do some characters that have been there from book 1. Wether she is Harry's LI or not she is going to be important to him their final scene was very suggestive for what their future relationship could be.
Which is your other main ship? Anyway, I agree with your words. Luna appeared for a reason *except the obvious, to steal Harry's heart and make him go crazy about her * and I'm sure she will be even more important in the next books. I can't get enough of our lovely Loony
Old 01-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm more interested in an expansion of the Luna character than any shipping. And I'm not clinging to the H/L ship, either. Just...looks like it has potential.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to see more and more about Luna, she became my favorite female character. But I can't help but shipping. It's so fun for me, I look like a silly girl when some ship reference appears. Oh well, the books are not about that, but what is life without a little romance? I should stop thinking about who-will-end-up-with-who and focus on things like Harry and the prophecy and Voldie and all that stuff. I should, but I don't think I can for now
Old 02-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

I definitely see potential in these two. Luna's such a unique character, and was so comforting in the last scene of the book. I think they will bond more in later books, and possibly date. I think there are Harry/Ginny hints, but I'm more attracted to the idea of Harry/Luna. Luna is calm and collected, perfect for angsty Harry.

icon
Old 02-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Yay, can I be first on the list since I started the thread campaign on the UC thread? I already have a list of names to add to this list, I'll post in a minute, if I can't thats ok, I just want everybody to note that I helped get this whole thing going too!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Ok, here is the list of people I got supporting the Harry/Luna thing on the UC thread....

1) Manda
2) Jade
3) Mila_Masterson
4) N@uGHTy_GuRl_
5) min_martine
6) *Dark_Angel*4eva
7) Cloudburst2000
8) Airie75

I have more coming...

I probably should have put it all in one post...huh..

Old 02-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Ok, I think we should have a list along with the list of members of reasons why we love them as a couple and why they will end up together...

These are the ones i had posted on the UC thread...

1) Harry originally thought she was weird, but now he understands her and know he can trust her.
2) She has always believed him!
3) He realized he doesn't mind talking to her about Sirius.
4) She can see the Thesrals to.
5) She helped him get his story published.
6) She has always told him what she thought....
7) She is not going to flip out over every little thing Harry does...*CHO*...cough cough...
8) THEY WENT TO THE MINISTRY TOGETHER!
9) He's the most powerful wizard, and incase you didn't notice, she is the only one that didn't get injured at the ministry, other than harry.
10) She is "out to lunch" as JKR put it and that may be just what Harry needs...

Lets keep adding!

Also, I think we should have a name!

Let's all throw out name possibilities then vote.

Does this sound ok to anybody?
Old 02-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Manda, you're fast!!! I added all the names you put here *sure they can be added, right?* and the reasons, which is a great idea too. Would you hate me for put your name as the second? Since I got here I was dying for a H/L thread and I was so happy that I opened the first one. Really hope you don't mind. And considering your posts, I'm 100% sure that everyone will know your dedication to this ship. God, I'm so glad that there are more people who love H/L so much!!

I agree with the ship name. That leads me to a question: here and at FictionAlley, ships like H/Hr and R/Hr have different names. Although D/G has the same name here and there. Why is that? O.o

Anyways, there the ship is called Loonies&Lions, which is a really cool name, but I'm up to another thing we can think. I like Believers. I'm not too inspired to think about ship names right now, but I'm sure everyone here has good ideas.

And more reasons! I'll add if y'all agree:

11) Harry found that the terrible weight in his stomach seemed to have lessened slightly. And it was because of Luna.
12) Harry notices her. A lot.
13) The fact that both of their parents died doesn't mean that they have to be together. It means that now Harry has someone who knows exactly how he feels.

Ok, I'll stop, 'cause I'm definitely not inspired. But I'll think about more

-Ana