Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

I can rewatch all of their OOTP moments again and again, because of how powerfull and truly magical they are and then see their DH 2 scene and it becomes obvious that the bond they shared and the level of understanding they had was one of a kind

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

There were some things about the movies that, I'll admit, really got on my nerves. But the way they handled Harry and Luna was amazing. I was really pleasantly surprised by it.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

True, I have my issues with the movies but I couldn't even dream of a more perfect treatment of Harry/Luna bond and friendship on screen. We got amazing scenes + Dan/Evanna chemistry.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing star (View Post)
There were some things about the movies that, I'll admit, really got on my nerves. But the way they handled Harry and Luna was amazing. I was really pleasantly surprised by it.
Like what scenes for instance?

Mary: How about you, which H/L movie scenes did you have an issue with?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, no, no, I didn't mean HL movie scenes. I'm sorry if I failed to make it clear... my point was that despite the fact that I have issues with the HP movies in general and prefer books to them, I was still absolutelly pleased with the way HL were handled in the movies I was upset about the way Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ron were handled sometimes, also the whole Cho situation in OOTP movie was done wrong and I really didn't like it that Yates made Cho betray everyone though in the book in was her friend, some other things I had issues with as well, but I understand that movies can't be completelly like the books. And I was so pleasently surprized that HL got such an epic portrayal on screen and their connection was treated so well in the movies.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Moderator Manager

I was happy that Evanna was casted as Luna but I was a little iffy at first with how she was gonna do with Dan in their scenes. She proved me wrong. I absolutely loved her and I liked Luna a little bit more because of her. So you guys think overall the movie has done them justice?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I completely agree, they handled this particular friendship really well, kept most of their essentials scenes together and just really showed off the bond as they should have done

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 10-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

I love that they not only kept a lot of book HL scenes, but also added some that were not in the books and those scenes perfectly fitted into the movie. I was upset about the dementors attack scene from book DH not being in the movie, I thought it was a very important HL scene with Luna giving Harry a hope and strength to fight and live again that he had almost lost, but on the other hand, taking how many book scenes were not included in the movie, I'm happy that we got all those amazing HL scenes after Dobby's death and "listen to me, Harry Potter!".

When I first saw Evanna's picture in the magazine and read that she was cast as Luna I was worried about the way she portrays Luna, because at that point Luna was already my favourite female character on HP, but Evanna was better than I imagined. She added something new to Luna, as if she brought some hidden sides of her on screen that made me love this character even more.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Moderator Manager

I agree with everything, Mary. While it's been known to happen that not all book scenes will be included in the movie, I'm happy with how HL turned out and with the added scenes for them. Dan & Evanna make it good too.

Credit

Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Gorgeous art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Oh, no, no, I didn't mean HL movie scenes. I'm sorry if I failed to make it clear... my point was that despite the fact that I have issues with the HP movies in general and prefer books to them, I was still absolutelly pleased with the way HL were handled in the movies I was upset about the way Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ron were handled sometimes, also the whole Cho situation in OOTP movie was done wrong and I really didn't like it that Yates made Cho betray everyone though in the book in was her friend, some other things I had issues with as well, but I understand that movies can't be completelly like the books. And I was so pleasently surprized that HL got such an epic portrayal on screen and their connection was treated so well in the movies.
Same here, I didn't mean HL when I said there were some things I had problems with in the movies. HL got more than I could have imagined. In fact, HL was probably the only thing I wasn't disappointed with in the OOTP movie.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Not a day goes by without me seeing beautiful H/L arts on Tumblr.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Those arts are so pretty I love how new HL arts keep appearing, it shows how strong their fanbase is

Dan and Evanna added amazing chemistry to movie HL scenes and even those scenes that were not in the books fitted so organically in the movies.

Quote:
HL got more than I could have imagined. In fact, HL was probably the only thing I wasn't disappointed with in the OOTP movie.
Definitelly And it might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like OOTP movie, at least I like it better than HBP and DH1, but I do have issues with it just like with every other HP movie starting from POA (in fact, I am only completelly satisfied with first two movies, they were amazingly done and very true to books IMO), but those issues have nothing to do with HL. HL were amazing.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Dan and Evanna added amazing chemistry to movie HL scenes and even those scenes that were not in the books fitted so organically in the movies.
I did like how Evanna tackled the role and she's such a big Potter fan so she knows what she was doing. Dan has been doing Harry for 5 years so he knows his character very well. Evanna was certainly Luna when she came on, she's brilliant!

Old 10-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Evanna was perfect for the role. But her and Dan just had a natural chemistry to them anyway that it only made HL's connection look that much better.

And I love that art.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Moderator Manager

It's not really my favorite H/L art but it'll do.

And the fact that H/L are friends in the books, even that kind of relationship I'll be happy to accept because JKR wrote them so well to have them be that kind of friend for each other. Dan & Evanna also exuded that kind of aura in the movies which I loved.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top