Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calls me home (View Post)
Oh I would've been so good with an open ending. Honestly that's the kind of ending I think would've been best for Harry when it comes to romance, no matter who the girl was. He had too much else to deal with to really be part of a an official couple and that's not what he should be remembered for. But I just see so much potential for HL even with how it's already written though I certainly wouldn't have complained if they shared a kiss that would be hinted as the start of a brand new adventure.
I feel exactly the same way I never really thought that Harry, at the point of book 6-7, was even ready for romance. He had too much on his plate, too much to deal with emotionally and simply not in a right state of mind to be a part of any relationship, with any girl. However, a kiss wouldn't have done any damage So if HL had happened I think it should have definitely been a kiss and an open ending with a perspective or a hint on them getting together after the war. This way Harry gets happiness and a realistic ending.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree. Harry has so much going on for a relationship. Voldemort was going to kill him. To fully commit to a relationship, for starters, a dark lord shouldn't be out to kill ya. That's why I see Harry fully committed to a relationship after the war.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

He also wasn't the most emotionally mature person in his Hogwarts years either. So I think he'd have some growing up to do after the war's over before even starting a committed relationship. Just because Voldemort's no longer taking up his time doesn't mean I'd want Harry to immediately jump into anything.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Moderator Manager

I'd worry about Harry too if he was my friend. That's why I'm glad Luna became his friend at a time when he needed someone to talk to.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, like you guys said, I can only see him slowly growing to be mature and ready enough for long lasting relationship after the war. And it would take a lot of time for sure because not only he would have to deal with all the loss and grief but he would practically have to start a new life and learn to live without all the chsen one/everyone's savior thing, and as much as he hated it, it would be just very unusual for him to suddenly stop being all that. He never really had a father figure to talk to him about love and girls so he would have to figure it out on his own if Harry/Luna were to happen after the war. And honestly I think these two were on the same level when it comes to relationships experience so they both wouldn't push each other and would just let everything come naturally

Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Very true. Everything about H/L is natural and if they got together, it won't appear as if it's being forced but it took it's natural course. I don't think it's also in their personalities to rush into a relationship just because they feel like it.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

After watching the movies, The way I see it is the movie ended after Harry defeated Voldermort. The epilogue is open to interpretation as far as I'm concerned despite seeing what we saw. Harry/Luna was more developed than Harry/Ginny in the movies.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

^ I prefer to ignore the Epiloge for many reasons, and from what I imagine that happened is Harry starting a new life, recovering from all the loss and pain he had to endure, Luna helping him in it and them eventually getting together naturally.

Quote:
I don't think it's also in their personalities to rush into a relationship just because they feel like it.
True I don't see it fitting them at all and I could only imagine them being in a romantic relationship after the war and it coming slowly and naturally, because it would be logical in terms of their personalities.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Moderator Manager

That's why I really think this relationship is possible. First off it was based on friendship - and they were both there when they felt so alone and needed someone to talk to. I wouldn't be suprised if this relationship was end game after the war. Their friendship is amazing and that would be the foundation of a great relationship.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

So much of their friendship was already based on subtle hints and things they experienced that I think it would only make sense for it to go romantic in that way too. And I love that they were already friends because they knew each other, and they can both be rather difficult to get to know, so I think that would make things easier for them.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Exactly. I wonder how it can transition to that? I mean they've been friends but I've always wanted them to realize their feelings after the war. So I wonder how that would go?

Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think taking how deep and unique their friendship was, with their ability to trust each other when they couldn't trust anyone else and rely on each other, their after the war relationship could happen at the point when Harry would be recovering from all the traumatizing experience he had to endure and all the loss he had to experience and Luna would be there for him. She would help him to see the bright side and to feel alive again, feel hope again because it is something she could always help him with, even when he was at his worst. I can see them slowly realizing how perfectly compatible they are and at some point everything just happening naturally, starting with an innocent kiss and later progressing and blooming.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Moderator Manager

That innocent kiss can even come from Luna. I think it's in her character to give them freely but it will be that surprised moment for them until Harry realizes it's not so bad after all.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would have very likely enjoyed an HL kiss. I was kind of rooting for one in the Order of the Phoenix. At least a peck on the cheek would have done the work for me.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Me too, a peck on the cheek would have been nice.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top