Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Moderator Manager

No problem, Mary - H/L Tumblr arts are always welcome.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

credit

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Moderator Manager

I love that gifset! It's such a sweet moment between them both in the book and the movie.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

That's adorable. I was so happy she got to be his date for something.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Love that scene!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Awww!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Moderator Manager

Really loved it when it was Luna who saved Harry from that train in HBP. Otherwise, no one else would've found him and he would be back in London, no thanks to Draco.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

I loved that the movies gave that scene to HL as well. There were a lot of great book scenes representing ther connection that were not included in the movie and it was nice that the movies still found a way to show their bond through scenes like that.

Love the picspam, all my favourite scenes.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Moderator Manager

I think my favourite HL scene would have to be the one where Dobby died in Harry's arms. Luna just came over and at same time, she also "consoled" Harry.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

^That was one of my favorites in the movies too. And I love all their scenes in OOTP.

My favorite from the books was when they talked after Harry defeated Voldemort.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Moderator Manager

I really love most of their book moments, especially in HBP & DH. It really showed how much depth their friendship has been ever since they met.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I think my favourite HL scene would have to be the one where Dobby died in Harry's arms. Luna just came over and at same time, she also "consoled" Harry.
I loved how she "said it all for him" moment in the book on Dobby's funeral. Really, they didn't even need words to have that deep level of understanding between them.

It's hard to pick one favourite moment from books or movies. In the books I pretty much loved them all. I think the most defining moment for them was when Luna made him hope for something and helped him to "think of something happy", reminded him that they were still fighting and it literally saved his life. Just few words from Luna were enough for Harry to want to live again and to me, that it what two people should have to be able to have an epic love story (if only...). As for movies, I think my favourite one would be Dobby's funeral too and their last scene in OOTP. Such small yet meaningful moments for them.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I LOVE Harry/Luna, out of all the HP still alive characters THEY above everyone else portray what real love is really about.

So add me please !

My favorite moment... that's hard maybe the ones where they bond, like while they watched those Thestrals and when she reminded him that he'd see Sirius again. Or maybe where she said that they were under a mistletoe and he jumped back, because a normal girl would have been hurt... she wasn't and a normal girl wouldn't really suit Harry Potter at all (normal girls make him feel like a freak in comparison and I always thought they should be strange together). Might also be the moment where he asked her to go to the Christmas ball with him as friends (), because quite frankly the moment ALWAYS struck me as you-doth-protest-too-much.

L J f f . n e t & icon by albion1919
Old 02-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapsina (View Post)
I LOVE Harry/Luna, out of all the HP still alive characters THEY above everyone else portray what real love is really about.

So add me please !

My favorite moment... that's hard maybe the ones where they bond, like while they watched those Thestrals and when she reminded him that he'd see Sirius again. Or maybe where she said that they were under a mistletoe and he jumped back, because a normal girl would have been hurt... she wasn't and a normal girl wouldn't really suit Harry Potter at all (normal girls make him feel like a freak in comparison and I always thought they should be strange together). Might also be the moment where he asked her to go to the Christmas ball with him as friends (), because quite frankly the moment ALWAYS struck me as you-doth-protest-too-much.
Welcome! I'll add you now Glad to see you here and looks like we have another ship in common!

Agreed with everything you said. I honestly don't think that a normal girl would even suit Harry, because honestly no other girl could understand him the way Luna did. No other girl could make him feel better when he was misereable to the point where even his closest friends couldn't help him and make him want to live & fight again (Sirius' death, book 7 moment with dementors attack). No other girl would ever recognize him by his expression only whne he doesn't even look like himself. HL, for me, WAS a love story, in every single way, it felt like both of them just failed to realize it (hence all the "friends" moments). I would have been perfectly fine had the Epiloge (that imo brought nothing to the plot in general) never happened.

Anyway, guys, those were my very lame attempts to take a photo of something I designed as a HBP black & white illustration of the Slughorn's party and Harry/Luna going together. It looks better as an actual picture but I don't have a scaner right now so I could only do that in order to share. Terribly sorry for the quality. There were supposed to be HL, Malfoy lurking and hiding behind the curtain, Hermione rejecting Cormack under the mistletoe, Ginny & Dean on the background, Slughorn, that guy with the vampire dude...

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top