Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2004, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

I've always longed for an English accent. Eh, I don't belong here, do I?
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Passionate Fan

You're are a UK wannabe, which is pretty cool. UK's cool, but Harry Potter is cooler!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not from the UK (US actually >__<) but I visited last year, it was kickin. England really is beautiful, you guys are so lucky to live there! I wanna move ther eone day.

And totally agree-- Harry wouldn't be Harry if he wasn't British. If he was American he'd be doing something reasonably rude in every other chapter or reading dirty magazines, haha. That's American people for ya. And he'd have terrible grammar. (I don't like it very much over here, if you couldn't tell )

----
Edited for rude words. PM me if you aren't sure.

- Ben

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95

Last edited by Ben; 10-17-2004 at 06:30 AM
L u x i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by peas
You're are a UK wannabe, which is pretty cool. UK's cool, but Harry Potter is cooler!
Don't be so mean to people who aren't from the blessed isle. Not everyone is lucky enough to be British.

I love being British. Such a handy thing.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by artist
I've always longed for an English accent. Eh, I don't belong here, do I?
Yeah... me too. I think British English sounds a lot more educated than American English. All you Americans... this is not meant to be offensive in any way! I stayed in the US for a while and they totally ruined my accent.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Caradeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Passionate Fan

The UK accent is rather spiffing and jolly good fun. But I quite like Americans accents. Especially the texas drawl (sp?). Harry Potter is full of posh English accents, I don't remember if JK mentioned their accents in the book?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey UK HP fans. How's it going?

One thing i love about being British - We get the PoA DVD 5 days earlier than the Americans!! Bring on November 18th!!

I love our accents too. Mine is probably different from all of yours because im Scottish. So my accent is very pronounced. Some of the scenes for GoF were filmed in Fort William which is just a few hours away from me!
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

gasp the 18th! Yay for earliness. But... now I can't ask for it as a present, coz its 5 days after my birthday but still at least its not 10 says later Yay!
Rodneyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Catrina~

Hey UK HP fans. How's it going?

One thing i love about being British - We get the PoA DVD 5 days earlier than the Americans!! Bring on November 18th!!

I love our accents too. Mine is probably different from all of yours because im Scottish. So my accent is very pronounced. Some of the scenes for GoF were filmed in Fort William which is just a few hours away from me!
Scotland!!! - Ever since I started reading Diana Gabaldon's Highlander saga, I love Scotland. And I soooooo want to visit

Old 10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Scotland!!! - Ever since I started reading Diana Gabaldon's Highlander saga, I love Scotland. And I soooooo want to visit
Well Scotland loves you too You're welcome to visit us anytime!

I'm in the south-western side of the country so the closest city to me is Glasgow. But the Highlands and all the scenic beauty spots are only a few hours away by car. Some places you might have heard of are Loch Lomond, Loch Ness (yes the one with the "monster" ) and Ben Nevis which is our highest mountain. All such beautiful places
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Of course I have heard of Loch Ness Take a look at that It says "No wonder he's afraid to come out of the water" (And all you kids that are not 18 yet, please don't click the link. )

I haven't heard of Ben Nevis though. But I know one day I'm gonna go visit Scotland.

Old 10-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope I visit scotalnd one day. I wanna visit that viaduct, that they film like almost every harry potter movie on now

It would be fun
Old 10-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Caradeangel
Yeah... me too. I think British English sounds a lot more educated than American English. All you Americans... this is not meant to be offensive in any way! I stayed in the US for a while and they totally ruined my accent.
Wait a second...so you're from the UK but don't have an accent? I don't understand!

You guys, we have to have a countdown until the UK PoA DVD Release Party! We're gonna have alot of photos to look forward to
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by artist
Wait a second...so you're from the UK but don't have an accent? I don't understand!

You guys, we have to have a countdown until the UK PoA DVD Release Party! We're gonna have alot of photos to look forward to
No... I'm German. I'm just posting here because the German thread is dead and I like you English people

Old 10-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh MY God, I so wanna go to the POA release. All I have to do now, is find out where and when, lol. Does anyone know?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top