Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Absolute Fan

I really love Tom (and Jade, who I'm guessing takes these pictures of him) for putting these up on his twitter!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

mary ksand - Yes. Perfect way to describe his performance. He always had me feeling for Draco.

Lindsay - Hey hon. He so was. I mean I did enjoy the movie overall but he really stole the movie for me. (As always.)

Those photos are cutie.

MiAjeM3 - If it is her then she is awesome for doing so.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Moderator Manager
Winter's Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiAjeM3 (View Post)
I really love Tom (and Jade, who I'm guessing takes these pictures of him) for putting these up on his twitter!
It certainly is Jade taking these pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Sierra (View Post)
Lindsay - Hey hon. He so was. I mean I did enjoy the movie overall but he really stole the movie for me. (As always.)
I do feel bad that he turned out to be the villain. Tom could've been amazing as a protagonist but believe me, he is the PERFECT Draco and I wouldn't want it any other way.

"I wonder your halo doesn't grow heavy. It must be like wearing a tiara round the clock."

RonღHermione MatthewღMary GaryღMiranda DonღSloan AdamღHannah DonaldღLiz VictorღAgnes WardღSkye

Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

I don't think he really was a villain though. Even with everything he had done I never saw him as the villain. And the more we learned about him the more and more I kept thinking that.

I would of seriously loved to see a book through Draco's eyes. That would be so incredibly interesting.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Absolute Fan

That would really be amazing! I would definitely love to see a book through Draco's eyes. Particularly CoS and HBP since those heavily feature Draco.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

I never saw Draco as a villian either. Personally, I'm not the one who falls for "bad boy with layers" type of character, because in most cases I honestly cannot see those layers or see where a character is coming from in his/her actions, which usually annoy me because they are not only harmful but are being justified by his/her tragic or complex nature. However, with Draco it was different because with him I could actually see the motivation behind his actions and his side of things was understandable. He didn't do something nonsensical and violent just for the sake of it being nonsensical and violent. He was a bad boy of the books because he went against the main characters, but he came from his own ideals and when it comes to a big picture he did not do anything that would be utterly awful or over the top bad, he had his own morals and he loved his family, he cared about people he loved and he couldn't kill even for the sake of a great idea of serving Voldemort. As for Tom, he added so much passion to his character and Draco's scenes.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Moderator Manager
Winter's Children

Oh believe me, I have never seen Draco as the villain. But remember the very early times everyone hated Tom because of what he is in the books and he took it as a compliment and said he was doing a good job if that's the reaction. Personally, I don't think a kid could be evil but he had to grow up with a father like Lucius and a mom like Narcissa who are not fond of Muggles and he grew up having that attitude and being pure blood too. It was too easy to hate him but right from the start, I was drawn to his character. There has got to be a reason why this kid is acting this way. And wow, JKR wrote a lot about him on HBP which is fantastic because we see a very troubled Draco on this one - a far cry from the usual arrogant, bullying type he is. This involved his family now and he can't afford to let his family down. His character has grown so much and now look at him. So many people love him. I wonder what happened to those people who hated him because he was Draco?

"I wonder your halo doesn't grow heavy. It must be like wearing a tiara round the clock."

RonღHermione MatthewღMary GaryღMiranda DonღSloan AdamღHannah DonaldღLiz VictorღAgnes WardღSkye

Old 03-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

I loved Draco since the very beginning too. He is my favorite and as always been. I knew there had to be all this layers to his character and I hoped JKR would explore them. I never saw him as a one dimensional bully because for me I could tell there was so much more beneath it. So when I read HPB I felt like . I think it's my favorite book and movie just for the simple fact we learn more about Draco.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Draco was never a villain IMO either. I actually think as early as COS when we saw the way Lucius was that it started giving some insight into why Draco was the way he was.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

I agree. Seeing what his dad does and how he reacts to it was all very interesting. It was definitely scratching the surface of learning more about him. I loved it.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calls me home (View Post)
Oh Draco was never a villain IMO either. I actually think as early as COS when we saw the way Lucius was that it started giving some insight into why Draco was the way he was.
YES! exactly!!!!

ive written a whole rant on this matter on tumblr (ill repost it here because i need someone to discuss this with).....and im very mad they cut out this scene from the final cut...it would have made all the difference!

WHY DID THEY TAKE THIS OUT OF THE MOVIE DAMMIT!?!?!?!?! it really pisses me off…..i mean seriously this would have been an amazing turn of events……and really showed us that Draco is capable of getting over that sort of stereotypical life he’s been forced to live for so many years….

Draco was never really capable of being a bad guy he never was to begin with in my opinion dont get me wrong he’s still a bit stuck up and a bit of a jerk (but i still love him)…though i think he was just so lost and pressured by his family’s history and his father’s constant expectations of him to join him on the dark side later on…..he never wanted to be bad deep down i think….even in the first book/movie i think he was just so under the influence of his father’s view of the world he had no room to discover his own…i think as the books/movies progressed he started to get his own views and realized how wrong he had been to listen to his father…i think after Harry saved his life it really opened his eyes and thats why he didnt identify him when harry was captured..however he doesnt want to feel like a disappointment to his father and family so he continued following orders…up until the end fight in the courtyard when he seemed reluctant to listen to his father……i think leaving in that scene would have really shown us the change we’ve seen in Draco over the years….and let his true colors shine by letting him do something heroic for a change….

thats just my opinion and how ive seen Draco and grown up with the character over the years….because the first movie came out when i was 11…so i really feel like ive grown up with this series and it’s characters and thats why it’ll always have a place in my heart…..so agree or disagree it’s up to you….its just how i feel about this….

regardless…..that moment in the clip i just showed where Draco helps Harry is now official head canon for me….that other scene no longer exists to me and this one will always play in my mind now when i rewatch this movie….

on a side note I ADORE TOM! i think he's super sweet, amazing and extremely talented...and his singing is amazing and that accent

Last edited by FallenAngelCastiel; 03-04-2012 at 05:24 PM
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Dianna Agron

I get so pissed at some of the stuff they do with Draco's scenes. They either cut them or change them a little bit. Like the scene in HBP. I don't understand why they changed the line from "he will kill my family" to "he will kill me" (or at least I think that first line is what he said in the book). While both show Draco is only doing what he has to to survive I was a little disappointed with the change. But overall I do still love the scene. (And Tom's acting was .)

Was that part in the books? I can't remember. Either way though I think it sucks they cut it out. I thought it was a great moment for Draco's character. But again they seem to love cutting out lots of Draco stuff. But I'm glad they at least let Harry ask why Draco never gave him away even though he knew it was him when they were at Malfoy Manor.

I agree. I do think he was snobbish and could be a jerk too but definitely not bad/evil. I don't think Draco ever wanted to join the DE or even really believed in Voldemort and his ideas but his family did and grew up being told Purebloods are better and Voldemort is our leader and etc. But even through all that as the years went by you could tell Draco struggled with doing what he was told and doing what he believed to be right. He was fighting between bravery and survival. And I can't blame him for choosing survival when he did. And then when we did get bravery from him (like him not revealing it was Harry) I think it shows how truly strong Draco was.

And Tom is amazing.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with everything here, guys. Especially:

Quote:
I don't think Draco ever wanted to join the DE or even really believed in Voldemort and his ideas but his family did and grew up being told Purebloods are better and Voldemort is our leader and etc.
This is exactly how I saw it as well. Being a bit snobbish and a bit of a jerk is one thing, such things happen and while they are not by any means admirable they are also not what makes a person evil. I never thought or believed for a second that Draco was obsessed with the whole Voldemort thing. Honestly I think had he been able to just stay away from it he would have done it in a heartbeat. He was raised with certain ideas about Muggles but his prejudice was his limit of being "bad". He never killed anyone nor did he ever attempt to kill anyone and he never cared about joining Death Eaters and becoming a fanatic. He was a PERSON, not a robot driven by sick and insane ideas like his father. He was more like his mother I think. He proved time and time again that what he did was done out of fear for his family and even then he didn't do anything that would be evil, not to mention that he ddin't identify Harry even though it could have put him in danger.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Moderator Manager
Winter's Children

I have to agree with the Draco scenes from the movies - especially in HBP. He had so much in the book but in the movie, all you ever see of Draco was moping on the side or being emo. Tom is a GREAT actor and it really hindered his potential because he could've given so much more and HBP has SO MUCH Draco. I felt empty and cheated, Draco-wise. He did nail the scene at the Astronomy tower though. I just wished they made do with what was in the books and not have him so emo the whole time.

We're also nearing a new thread guys! Any thread title suggestions? Anyone can start it, I won't close until we get to 300 posts.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Sierra (View Post)

Was that part in the books? I can't remember. Either way though I think it sucks they cut it out. I thought it was a great moment for Draco's character. But again they seem to love cutting out lots of Draco stuff. But I'm glad they at least let Harry ask why Draco never gave him away even though he knew it was him when they were at Malfoy Manor.

And Tom is amazing.
No, I don't think that part was in the books, when Draco tossed Harry the wand. Draco was barely seen during the battle, other than the Room of Requirement scene and when Ron or Harry (can't remember who did it) punched the Death Eater that Draco was trying to convince that he was on the DE's side.

And I liked that they kept in the line when Harry asked Draco. Tom did an amazing job in that one split-second shot, when Draco was pondering why he helped Harry. Then stupid Goyle (movie-verse) had to go and ruin it with the whole whispering in his ear thing.

And I suppose this is #300, so I'll start up the next thread if no one opposes.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top