Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Good morning Kicks

Wow so much discussions have been going on.

My brain is dead at this hour but I'll be back later with my opinion.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Passionate Fan

All right, I know I'm a bit late on this, but...

Welcome, AlwaysNH, Katie, and amber03! I'm Janelle!

Hmmm, so we're doing R/Hr predictions for book 6, are we? Let me think....

I also think Ron will be made Quidditch Captain. As everyone said, Harry is totally preoccupied with Voldie and Bellatrix and whatnot - he wouldn't be able to concentrate on planning practices and stuff like that. I don't think Harry will be made a prefect. But yes, I think Krum is going to make a reappearance (all right, maybe not in this one, but you never know) and this will make Ron crazy with jealousy. Yay!

On a completely other note, has anyone noticed the problem with Angelina Johnson? It said in GoF that she turned 17 that october. If she turned 17, wouldn't that make her in 7th year?
First year: 11-12
Second year: 12-13
Third year: 13-14
Fourth year: 14-15
Fifth year: 15-16
Sixth year: 16-17
Seventh year: 17-18

So to be in 6th year and have her birthday in october, she should have turned 16, and not been able to enter. But since she turned 17, that would put her in 7th year in GoF, and would therefore no longer be in school for OotP. Am I right, or is that just me?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

hmmm, Maybe Angelina flunked her NEWTS and she was forced to repeat the year.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Actually, I think it's right. Cuz my brother is the same way. His birthday is in October so he's older than everyone else. Something about because his birthday is after September 1 he had to wait a year before starting school. Something like that.

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 06-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Passionate Fan

About Angelina:

Not exactly... You can consider her being 17 in 6th year. If you go back the year-time, she was already 11 when she entered Hogwarts and did 12 in her first year. Then she could be in OotP.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm not even gonna get into the Angelina discussion..I suck at those kind of things lol

I believe with all my heart that Krum will come back and probably get into a fight with Ron about Hermione and then they both turn around and Hermione stands in the doorway and looks at Ron and runs toward him and throws herself in his arms and...Yeah you all get the point lol
Avie: Isis2015
Old 06-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

You guys actually remember that.
Wow you do put attention to detail.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Shirley - Nah. I never paid much attention before. But lately I've been theorizing about what might happen in 6 and 7. Fanfic has also helped a bit too.

Vix - I used to write Roswell fic back in the day. I reread some of them this summer and I've come to the conclusion that they really suck. I also used to run a Roswell fanfic site. It was pretty popular, just too much to handle with school. Ohh, and feel free to call me Laura.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vix_Chic

Oh! and when Hagrid was telling them about BucKBeak's scheduled execution- Harry was sitting on one side with Ronand Hermione on the other. a VAST distance between Harry and his Sidekicks, but not that much distance between his sidekicks (cat whistles). In the book this is because Harry is MAD at Hagrid, but he's not mad now-was the director trying to show us the pairing even more obviously? or have I justbecome an overanalytical obsessed fan?...don't answer that lol.
I noticed that too. I think they were far apart because Harry was mad at R/H. On one of the trading cards they had a description of a Trio fight and there was a picture of them wearing the same clothes that they wore in that scene. So I gathered that it happened on their way to Hagrids.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vix_Chic

And when Harry and Hermione were trying to get underneath the Whomping Willow; they were holding hands. Running thorugh the forest; they were holding hands.... grrrrr lol
I didn't get any shippy vibes there myself. It was simply - oh crap we're being attacked! Let's stick together so we can avoid the branches. At least that's what I thought anyway...

Ohh. I have more predictions. Ginny will make the Quidditch team and over the year Harry will begin to confide in her because Ron and Hermione are going to be too wrapped up in themselves. [Harry's going to withdrawal a lot from R/H. At least in the beginning of the book.] I don't think Harry will be a Prefect because aren't the Prefects the same for the last 3 years? At least that's what I thought. I think Neville's also going to be more confident and better in class. After all, he was using his Dad's wand for 5 years but it broke in Ootp. So that means he'll need a new one. Wizards perform magic better when they are using a wand that enhances their skills. His Dad's wand wouldn't have.

I also think there might be another "love interest" [more like competition...] at Hogwarts for either Ron or Hermione. ie. Neville hitting on Hermione. Luna hitting on Ron or something like that. I think if this scenario were to happen, it's more likely for some girl to hit on Ron. [He's Quidditch Captain and Keeper! *fangirl swoon*] Then we'd really see Jealous!Hermione.

Last edited by behrfehr; 06-23-2004 at 11:49 AM
Old 06-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys!

wow there's nothing left to put in...hehe

my predictions:
-either Ron or Ginny can get Quidditch Captain; however I'm thinking it's going to be Ron
-Ron is also most likely to become headboy
-I have a feeling both Fleur and Victor will make appearances.
-I dunno why but I feel as though Luna will become a part of Romantic triangle with either R/Hr or H/G? I hope not and I hope she discovers that Neville is the perfect guy for her.
and everything else all of you said.
-and for once i want the weasleys to be rich those poor people

POA
-madame rosmerta has brown hair w/ a couple of blond highlights here and there for whoever wanted to know

Miss C

"Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them." - Boston Herald
Old 06-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really don't like Luna so I hope she doesn't get in the way of R/H or H/G. And she better stay away from Neville too! Er, anyways...I'm not good with predictions, but I agree with what has been said so far. I think Ron will be Quidditch Captain and Head Boy, Ginny will make the Quidditch team and Harry will confide in her more and separate himself from Ron and Hermione, Krum will make a return (not to sure about Fleur. And I don't think Ron will get another "love interest" just b/c that boy is too hung up on our girl Hermione and I can't really see him having eyes for anyone else but her. And Hermione won't have a "love interest" either, unless you count Krum, which we all know is just a friend to Mione. And as much as I want it to be true, I don't think that Authur will become Minister of Magic. I dunno, I just kinda see that as a stretch, since he doesn't seem to be too popular with the Ministry right now (esp with all the evil influences).
Old 06-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh! I just thought of another prediction. I don't know if this will be for book 6 or 7 but anyway... I think Percy will die!

JKR said that that there will be more deaths to come and Chris Rankin said that he spoke to her and all that she would say to him about his character was that he will be redeamed for his past indiscretions. Soooo, I think Percy will do something honerable again to regain his family and friends trust. And then WAM, a Death Eater kills him. His death will be a warning to the others and it will hit Ron and his family like a ton of bricks. We might see Ron step up and take more control. He's always been the baby boy of the family. Always nurtured and told what to do by others and after Percy's death he'll start take charge and want vengence.

:hp_ron: Super!Ron here we come!

And I think Luna might come back "different". And Ron might take a little notice which will send Hermione around the bend.

Luna's a funny character. I always picture her to be a younger version of Pheobe (from friends) Quirky. Strange but intellegent all the same. I like her.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat
Luna's a funny character. I always picture her to be a younger version of Pheobe (from friends) Quirky. Strange but intellegent all the same. I like her.
you and me both lol

About the fact that there will be more deaths I'm thinking one of the weasleys, perhaps one of the twins,Ginny or Bill..I really hope it's not Percy 'cause I really like him..
Ofcourse I don't want anyone to die(except for Bellatrix..) but I still believe it'll be one of the weasleys + perhaps Dumbledore..
Avie: Isis2015
Old 06-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Girlfriend
And I don't think Ron will get another "love interest" just b/c that boy is too hung up on our girl Hermione and I can't really see him having eyes for anyone else but her. And Hermione won't have a "love interest" either, unless you count Krum, which we all know is just a friend to Mione.
Oh I never meant they'd like the other person since R/H only have eyes for each other. I meant that I think someone from Hogwarts will try to flirt with them and stuff like that.

baileycat - I think Percy may die too. And Luna reminds me of Phoebe too.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Not trying to be opposite to the general thoughts but I dont think Ron will be Quidditch captain. Harry deserves that position much more then Ron and also my mind always goes to the scene where Harry asks Dumbledore why HE wanst made prefect and Dumbly tells him its because he thought Harry had a lot to deal already. That means: Harry wanted to be prefect and Im pretty sure he would like to be quidditch captain. Ron has only been in the team since book 5 and Harry has been there since book 1!

But I do think Ron can make his way into Head Boy.

I think Krum paying a visit would be better because all we need is to make a wake up call on Ron. Hermione knows her feelings for him for quite some time, but Ron, even tough he feels the same, he doenst think about it and acts really clueless. Last time JK made him act foward was because of Krum (Yule Ball ) and now would be a good time to use that excuse.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Extreme Fan

I was thinking the same of Luna. Maybe they find someone like Phoebe. Would be awesome.

Yeah I can't wait to see the H/R scenes in GoF because if all the Krum thingie. It would be very funny to see Ron's face when Hermione talked to Krum and so on.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top