Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh! Please! If you found only two things in that psuedo-letter-petition-thingy then I'd be surprised! I'm terrible at grammatics and spelling, it is sad.

Anyway, I don't know where or how to post it so someone else needs to actually post it, but that is an example of how to start it.

But sure you can be number 2
1. kristin michelle
2. Curbside Pr0phet

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited Kristin Michelle ]

"Hermione, let me have a pinch, go on, it can't hurt" - Ron (OotP)
Old 01-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know where to put that either. Hmm...*waits for more info*

Thanks for the listing.

Do you like the way I rock it?
Boy, I think it's so chaotic
Old 01-23-2004, 07:34 PM
New Fan

I want to be no 3 please! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] I really want to show my truest support and love for the sidekicks and hopefully, this effort won't go to waste.
*cross fingers*

* Cuaron, Cuaron, hear our plea,
Please let Ron hug Hermione!
Cos' if you don't, it'll be sad to see,
People like me won't like your movie!

(Dramatic much? Sorry if it doesn't rhyme! Hehe!)

Just a little rant for me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Don't hurt me....just my opinion! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Extreme Fan

It's still not quite doing it for me, although a big thank-you goes to KM1 ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) for getting it up and going, but I did some tweaking, and this is what we've got so far:

For The Attention Of: Alfonso Cuarón, the producers, WarnerBros, and the rest of the team behind the Harry Potter movies,

As die-hard Harry Potter fans, it has been our joy and privilege to see our favourite books transformed into wonderful movies. We are following the reports about your fresh approach to the Harry Potter novels with delight, in the main, and of course, with great anticipation. Based on comments you have made in interviews and articles, we believe that you do understand the delicate balance of the Harry/Ron/Hermione friendship and its ensuing dynamic in the book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (PoA). We find this very reassuring. However, we have recently read an article that alarmed us greatly. It stated that the hug between Ron and Hermione is in danger of being cut from the upcoming movie. We, being what many call Sidekicks - supporters of an eventual romantic relationship between Ron and Hermione - believe that cutting such an important scene from 'Prisoner of Azkaban' would cause huge disappointment. "The Hug" is the key moment lead up to by the change in the relationship of Ron and Hermione over the course of the year. Without it PoA would be sorely lacking. We ask, as kindly as possible, that you keep this lovely moment in the movie, along with as many other "sidekicky" moments as you can manage.

Below is a petition signed by just a few of the fans who ask you to please keep "The Hug" in the movie.

Thank-you,
The Sidekicks of Forums4fans.com and Ronandhermione.com.

1, 2, 3 etc. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Edited to remind myself to find out who to address it to...

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited Siobhán ]
Old 01-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

In all my years at FF, I think I've only been on the Auror thread a handful of times, and each time I regret it. It's not that they're putting down R/H (well, not always) but it's just that seeing people not see the magic of R/H makes me mad. I just don't get it. Yup, this is what you called obsessed. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

A petition idea sounds lovely!
Old 01-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Siobhán that sounds much better, my draft was just a starting point for us to go off of. Yours sounds more professional, I have no talent for formal writing.

Let us know where to go to sign it okay! We can link it everywhere. We can start the campaign, "Save The Hug!"

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited Kristin Michelle ]

"Hermione, let me have a pinch, go on, it can't hurt" - Ron (OotP)
Old 01-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Addicted Fan

should we really ask cuaron for more kicky moments since they already wrapped? or is it just like in gof etc.? other than that i like the petition
-maria

btw- Pat: Yeah brody/cohen rocks
-m

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited The Maria ]
Old 01-23-2004, 09:05 PM
New Fan

Oh oh sign me up.
I'm loving the idea. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ETA: OMG didn't realize I was using my brother's name. It me Liz, DarthLiz. Errrrrrrrrrr I should've never told him how to register here. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited eye avas ]
Old 01-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Ahhhhhhhhh this is much better, my lovely name.

[img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] Sweet R/H dreams. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Awwww, poor Aurors. You've got to give them credit. They're sticking up for what they believe in...even though it's horribly wrong.

They're really nice though. All just like our Sade. My partner in pranks. The Gred to my Forge.

PAT! Welcome to the thread! We're always happy to have another non-English speaking Sidekick! We're such a diverse group! Anyways, my name is Kristen, but everyone here calls me Lucy. That was my original username, but once I found out that I have a LifeTwin (Kristin Michelle), I changed my username to Kristen Michelle. We're both twenty and called Krist(e/i)n Michelle, plus we're artists. We're all very nice here at the Kick thread. So make sure you stop in often and you'll fit riiiight in!

When I go to the Auror thread, I'm not there to see that they aren't talking about R/H and whatnot, I'm there to promote good Auror/Sidekick relations. It's vital that we, as the primary ships on the Harry Potter board, stay on good terms with each other. I think that this should include what we say on our own threads about the Aurors in general. Let's just try and make sure we keep it inoffensive. That's how the whole ASCOP thing began. Because, in reality, none of us really know who Hermione will end up with. It might seem entirely obvious that she'll end up with Ron and JKR might hint to it constantly, but who knows? Maybe she's just teasing us. I'm not at all trying to be negative about R/H, but realistic.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, Kristen Lucy (I just don't know what to call you anymore), I agree. I always try to be extra careful with what I write, because I don't want to offend anyone. After all, I think that one of the main things about ASCOP is to make people understand that you may not like the ship, you may even hate it, but let the shipper out of that. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It's exactly because of that that I try to stay out of R/Hr vs. H/Hr discussions, because I don't trust myself that much to believe that I'll stay calm and polite trough the whole thing. Sad, but true.

Welcome, Pat! Nice to see another Brazilian around. Tudo bem?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Passionate Fan

It's weird that people would even think to call me Kristen here on the Kick thread...I'm so used to being Lucy! I even imagine that if I were ever to meet a kick, that they would call me Lucy. I'd probably respond to it as easily as to my real name...Stick to Lucy, to avoid confusion [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] As though it would...since my username is now Kristen!

Yes, you've really got to go past that whole Harry or Ron thing to realize that while the person is in disagreement with you over something that you might hold dear, they're still great people! And, I'll be damned if one of their H/Hr fanarts isn't a-bloody-mazing! In the end, whether Hermione ends up with Harry or Ron, it's not that big a deal. If she ends up with Harry, the world isn't going to explode. We'll still have our fanfics and the friendships we made along the way.

xoxox
Lucy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Passionate Fan

I heart Lucy. Just felt like saying that. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

HI PAT! I love new Sidekicks, it makes me giddy. I'm Chelsea, wonderful to meet you.

That petition letter is fantastic, add me on!

Clara, I love your optimism, and your post made me feel better.

The few times I've visited the Auror thread, I've noticed they tend to ship Dan/Emma almost as much as Harry/Hermione. But here, we're much more involved in Ron/Hermione than Emma and Rupper. Which I think is better, because the books are what its really all about, right? I don't really ship Emma/Rupert at all anymore, mostly because Tashi's influence has led me to not like Emma too much. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But I think its cool since we have a lot of book evidence to back up our 'ship. If the movies aren't nice like that, it'll be a disappointment, but we should all keep faith because we always have our Sidekick Bible and its family. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You know what I just noticed? The word 'else' is in the middle of my name. What is the significance of that, and why did I just notice it? And why am I even mentioning this? I need sleep.

This is a weird post. Sorry if I sound weird. I'm going to sleep. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

SIDEKICK DREAMS!

"Okay. Just Bella and Jacob. None of those freaky Virgos here."
-Eclipse, p. 130
Old 01-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey Else. I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] you more! No, I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] you more! No! I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] you you more!

Yes, really. I thought that one of the main things about FF was that we were supposed to keep out of celebrity's real lives...to a certain extent? Did I make that up? Holy crap. I swear that was a rule or something, but now it just sounds stupid!!! DIN! Help me out here! Did I just make that up?!?!

*sigh*

I think it's getting too late for my brain to function good and proper. Sleep time.

But yes, I agree that we keep our focus on the books and the canonical characters, rather than the actors who portray them. Honestly, I could care less if Emma started dating Dan. They could have babies for all I care. I'm here for the characters they play.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Clara++:
<STRONG>Kristen Lucy (I just don't know what to call you anymore)</STRONG>
Krucy?

My thoughts on Auror lurking...it usually doesn't do any good. I've popped in there a few times to say hello and keep things ascoppy, but lurking just to see what they're talking about, particularly when something new like the set report has come out, only leads to a lot of pissed people and a near-war. Obviously we're not going to agree about things, and we wouldn't like it if they were critical of what we talk about here, so I think it's best to just leave it alone.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top