Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Moderator Manager

I think I died a little when Hermione unconsciously hugged Ron in that PoA gif.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

which is a bit embarrassing since they were ickle then and it was a sad moment but hey, I squeed

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 04-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I loved the epilogue in the sense that we got to see R/Hr with their family, but I didn't think it was neccessary to have it included.
Exactly the way I feel as well I'm glad we got to know that RHr got married and lived happily ever after but I don't find the Epiloge itself and the content of it to be necessary or to add anything to the series.

Quote:
So I really do hope that encyclopedia that was mentioned before will come to fruition and will help answer at least most of our questions.

For starters, when did Ron propose and how? Also how they found out Hermione's pregnant? How was the wedding? Was Hermione able to bring back her parents from Australia (I'm sure she did but how)? What was life like being parents now? I'm sure I'm forgetting even more questions but those are all at the top of my head for now.
I've already given up hoping for the encyclopedia but those are the questions I'm dying to know the answers to even though I think that if the encyclopedia was written it would more focus on secondary characters rather than on RHr life together or how they got married or found out about Hermione being pregnant for the first time (though those things about RHr interest me more than certain secondary characters). I know JKR always had all the details planned out even if she didn't include them into the series so it would be nice if she shed some light on some of them.

Aww, that POA moment made me in both book and movie and yeah, I felt a bit ashamed because it was generally a sad scene but I couldn't help but squeeled at RHr having such a nice moment.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, it would be great to have more answers and maybe Jo one day will give us the present of answering us everything, but I'll say it again that books don't work like this. They don't give answers. Take whatever book you can imagine. None is giving details or most of the times not even hints about "what happens now".

I truly believe that if we knew about the trio career choice and what they accomplished in life without knowing what they did in their personal life, it would feel exactly the same. There would be a huge blank left to be field and people would wonder. Even people who says now, "I didn't need the epilogue to know that R/Hr ended up together". Well, I think if this wasn't included, you wouldn't know for sure and, wanted or not, you would wonder and you would dying to find the answer. Just because they were in love then, it doesn't mean that they would be "forever and ever". People at 18 fall in love but it doesn't necessarily mean that they fall for the "one" or that it's going to last. If the Epilogue didn't include this, none of us could be absolutely sure that R/Hr or H/G made it. Very easily someone could claim that "they didn't work out".

So, I believe that one of the things that JKR aimed with this epilogue, was to show that they did work out. It wasn't teenage, silly romance. It was the real thing for both couples.

And more important it was the scene with their kids leaving for Hogwarts. It was a symbolic moment. R/Hr took their oldest kid for her first day at Hogwarts and Harry took his second kid for his first day at school. Do you remember what happened the first day of Harry, Ron and Hermione at Hogwarts? Everything changed!
So for me, Jo couldn't possibly think of a better day for the epilogue!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I've already given up hoping for the encyclopedia but those are the questions I'm dying to know the answers to even though I think that if the encyclopedia was written it would more focus on secondary characters rather than on RHr life together or how they got married or found out about Hermione being pregnant for the first time (though those things about RHr interest me more than certain secondary characters). I know JKR always had all the details planned out even if she didn't include them into the series so it would be nice if she shed some light on some of them.
The thing is as much as Harry is the primary character, we've also grown to love the secondary ones just the same and that's why I would've loved to find out more than just what was given in the Epilogue. Yes, I very much loved that they're married and had 2 children but I missed the proposal, wedding and pregnancy news. That would've been amazing to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoizz545 (View Post)
And more important it was the scene with their kids leaving for Hogwarts. It was a symbolic moment. R/Hr took their oldest kid for her first day at Hogwarts and Harry took his second kid for his first day at school. Do you remember what happened the first day of Harry, Ron and Hermione at Hogwarts? Everything changed!
It was definitely like SS when Harry & Ron were on Platform 9 3/4 on their way go Hogwarts on the first day of school. Everything came full circle only this time it was their kids. I love watching that SS part then jump to the DH epilogue only to see how much has changed.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
same for me

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Those gifs! I love when Ron comforts Hermione.

Quote:
Well, I think if this wasn't included, you wouldn't know for sure and, wanted or not, you would wonder and you would dying to find the answer. Just because they were in love then, it doesn't mean that they would be "forever and ever".
This is just me personally though but unless I heard otherwise, I'd accept that RHr stayed together. The epilogue didn't reassure me or anything like that because I didn't have any doubts. I don't think JKR would've spent 7 books developing a couple and then not have them stay together. It's not that romance was included in the epilogue that bothered me, it's that nothing else was focused on when these weren't even romance novels. I just think who ended up with who, how many kids they had, should've been secondary.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by calls me home (View Post)
This is just me personally though but unless I heard otherwise, I'd accept that RHr stayed together. The epilogue didn't reassure me or anything like that because I didn't have any doubts. I don't think JKR would've spent 7 books developing a couple and then not have them stay together. It's not that romance was included in the epilogue that bothered me, it's that nothing else was focused on when these weren't even romance novels. I just think who ended up with who, how many kids they had, should've been secondary.
Secondary in terms of what? I think JKR also wanted to have that kind of ending because she was thinking of children names for these two as well. I would have loved to know what they named their kids otherwise I'd feel lost not knowing it all.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
which is a bit embarrassing since they were ickle then and it was a sad moment but hey, I squeed
It can't be helped when it comes to these two!

Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Moderator Manager

I never get tired seeing this.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Me too!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Seeing them cry, makes me wanna cry as well.

©
Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Same here. Even watching the older movies makes me emotional seeing these two and everything that they've been through.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was such a journey!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top