Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 03:59 AM
Moderator Manager

Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione}: Because through all the years, it was always each other.

w e l c o m e t o
Sidekickerliciousness'
W o n d e r f u l W o r l d

Credit to Oº°‘¨Laura¨‘°ºO

the official sidekick quote

"But she was in no way a damsel in distress;
if you wanted to put a label on her position in
the drama that was Harry Potter, she was a sidekick,
thank you very much. So by definition, she should not
end up with Harry. But sidekicks should end up with
other sidekicks."

[Hermione Granger and the Order of the Phoenix
by Ann Margaret]

The Sidekicks Thread
in proud association with RonandHermione.net

BIG DAMN ANVIL

their story

The very first meeting and the beginning of the friendship between our two lovely sidekicks. An obvious
perfect match from the very first time she told him to wipe the smudge dirt off of his nose.
Ron initially considers Hermione arrogant, teasing her, mocking her, and continuously making fun
of her at school. (In love much?) His behavior towards her changes however, when she lies to protect them
from punishment after they save her life from a troll, and thus the trio is born. The arguing and
bickering ensues, however things seem much more friendlier between the two.

During a confrontation between the Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch teams,
a brawl nearly ensues after Draco Malfoy has the audacity to call Hermione a "mudblood", and an
angry Ron attempts to hex Draco into oblivion. Unfortunately, the condition of his wand after crashing
in to the Whomping Willow, leaves him throwing up slugs for the next few months. But the
point was taken, insult his girl, and Ron will kick your ass.

Throughout the school year, Ron immediately notices that something is up with Hermione.
He constantly wonders why Hermione seems to disappear from classes with the drop of a hat,
and is concerned about her insane class schedule, and the affect it is seeming to have on her.
Not only that, but now, Crookshanks is thrown in to the mix, Hermione's new cat who Ron vehemently
disapproves of because of his behavior towards Scabbers, his old pet rat. More bickering follows.

A huge turning point between the two lovebirds! Ron finally seems to realize that our Hermine
is in fact a girl. A revelation made too late it seems, as a certain international quidditch star has already
invited Hermione to the Yule Ball. This turns out to be a good thing however,
as it served as a wake-up call for our dear friend, Ron, who seethes with anger.
The sexual tension and flirty bickering is as obvious as ever now.

This is only the beginning of the blossoming relationship between
the two. Ron actually manages to control his temper, whilst Hermione grows more frustrated with
the fact that Ron is still clueless about his feelings. Of course, there's no denying the sweetheart he is,
his Christmas present to Hermione? Perfume! ♥ And there are even more kicky moments, now that
Ron and Hermione are both school prefects, and Harry seems to spending a lot more of his time in detention.

Ron and Hermione's relationship progresses even further as both
of them are seemingly more open to the idea of a relationship with each other. But just when they
reach their breaking point, the secret that Hermione kissed Viktor Krum in their fourth year, reaches
Ron's ears, so he decides to get revenge, and kisses Lavender Brown. Again, and again, and again,
until Hermione sends a flock of yellow canaries after him in outrage. Though, by the end of the book,
with a terrified Hermione finding out Ron has been poisoned on his birthday and Ron uttering her name
in his sleep, it seems everything is alright again, hence Ron's breaking up with Lavender, and Hermione
crying into Ron's shoulder at Dumbledore’s funeral, flinging the door wide open for the anticipated
relationship to begin in the seventh and final book.

Luckily for us, by this point, both Ron and Hermione have finally accepted
the fact that they have feelings for one another. Which is why this book is such a sidekicker‘s dream!
Both are now fully aware of how the other feels, and at this point, it is just a matter of who decides
to make the first move and when. Right from the beginning of the book you can notice the changes in Ron,
at the end of his rope, Ron does something truly worthy of the name Mr. Hermione Jean Granger,
he reads!! Thanks to the godsend "Twelve Fail-safe Ways To Charm Witches", Ron begins to put the
moves on Hermione! Dancing with her at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, holding her hand while she was sleeping,
giving her comfort when she was upset, and complementing her incessantly throughout the book,
-Ron is for lack of a better term, effin’ hot! Not only Ron but Hermione’s feelings are clearer then ever as well.
Her broken heart after he abandons the horcrux quest, and her being alternately overjoyed and furious
when he finally returns to her-Ron’s anguished sobs as Hermione is tortured by Bellatrix Lestrange,
and his fear of her not loving him but Harry instead. Heart-wrenching angst that is truly Kleenex
worthy all of which eventually leads up to that long-awaited and epic snog: Hermione flinging
herself into Ron’s arms and kissing the daylights out of him right in the middle of the final battle!
About friggin’ time! So, after years of bickering, teasing, jealousy, and disappointment,
we are overjoyed to say that our two sidekicks are finally together and happily married with two
beautiful young children of their own named Rose and Hugo.

Meant to be is right. ♥
Credit to Sanum ( Leo-4-Life!)

the honorary sidekicks

J.K. Rowling .1
Emma Watson .2
Chris Columbus .3
Daniel Radcliffe .4
Rupert Grint .5
Bonnie Wright .6
David Yates .7
Evanna Lynch .8
Matthew Lewis .9
David Heyman (Hey man!) .10
Tom Felton .11
James and Oliver Phelps .12

the supporters

[The List]
701. LOJA
702. diannaagronlove
703. loveremains
704. Mercedes491
705. Olderroswellfan
706. Something Special
707. BDG
708. IceQueen
709. jasmineflower27
710. tsforever
711. wheresyourheartat
712. HermioneJeanWeasley
713. pruedens_!!
714. Endless Obsession ♥
715. NHJForeverandAlways
716. CloisFan
717. eleonor
718. cheldax46
719. DamnUnited
720. Velvetsen
721. gigilove
722. Elenabelle
723. I_am_Titanium
724. maybebee
725. LucyGu
726. julyhsm

whenever we have ten new supporters, they'll be added to this lovely list (created by the awesome Laura).

the sidekick pledge of allegiance
I pledge my obsession to the sidekicks:
Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
And to the Sidekickerliciousness which we all love,
One couple, made by JK Rowling,
With sugar quills and sexual tension for all.

Credit to chughes
Ron and Hermione Source
Canon Love//OBHWF
Love Unchained
GETTING?? THE?? POINT??
Ron & Hermione Shrine
Rupert and Emma.net
Checkmated
RonHermione Live Journal
Honestly Ronald

the future thread titles

Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ "..and I heard it. A voice. Your voice, Hermione." ♥
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ "And I knew.I knew it was going to take me where I needed to go.♥
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ "Yeah we're MARRIED, we've got two KIDS!" ღ - RG
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ "Oh yeah baby!! From day one!"- Steve Jones (E!) about RHr hooking up
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ "It looked like you enjoyed. It went on for quite a while. You did, it was a long kiss." Phelps twins
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ Rupert: "It’s quite full on, a proper snog. We’re soaking wet as well." jdvnlkjfbkjbrkr,msl!!rgsjb!!
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ "the kiss… seriously… whoops and hollers; it was bang on lovely, sweet, passionate, giggly…" - review
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ Because even Voldemort ships them!
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ Because we want to watch the kiss over & over again
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ Because Ron & Hermione need to get a room
Sidekicks {Ron ღ Hermione} ~ Because there is so much awesome fanfic out there, we don't have time for real life anymore

official Sidekick Snogwarts song

Snogwarts, Snogwarts, Snoggy Warty Snogwarts,
Kiss already, pleeaaasseeeeeee,
whether it'll be short and quick
or long with some groping
Our heads can do some filling
with some pervy thoughs,
For now they're bare and full of sex,
Scarf dances and bits of fluff,
So show us things worth squeeing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And snog until our brains all rot.

♥ *THE MOMENT* IN DEATHLY HALLOWS ♥
“Hang on a moment!” said Ron sharply. “We’ve forgotten someone!” “Who?” asked Hermione.
“The house-elves, they’ll all be down in the kitchen, won’t they?” “You mean we ought to get them fighting?” asked Harry.
“No,” said Ron seriously, “I mean we should tell them to get out. We don’t want anymore Dobbies, do we? We can’t order them to die for us –“ There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione’s arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet.
“Is this the moment?” Harry asked weakly, and when nothing happened except that Ron and Hermione gripped each other still more firmly and swayed on the spot, he raised his voice. “Oi! There’s a war going on here!” Ron and Hermione broke apart, their arms still around each other.
“I know, mate,” said Ron, who looked as though he had recently been hit on the back of the head with a Bludger, “so it’s now or never, isn’t it?” “Never mind that, what about the Horcrux?” Harry shouted. “D’you think you could just – just hold it in until we’ve got the diadem?” “Yeah – right – sorry –“ said Ron, and he and Hermione set about gathering up fangs, both pink in the face.

Credit to alxndrjosephine

♥ THE ULTIMATE RHR FANVIDEO ♥

the previous thread
http://www.fanforum.com/f79/sidekick...u-ew-63031188/

Credit

Please remember: NO BASHING OF THE OTHER SHIPS, people are allowed to think differently and I know we're all better than that.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 03-19-2012 at 05:41 PM
Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

tftnt

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT, Lindsay
Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 01-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Moderator Manager

Many thanks to Gladys for the thread title suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoizz545 (View Post)
TFTNT, Lindsay
No problem. I'm good at it like you said.

Hermione: ”Slughorn’s having a Christmas do, you know. And we’re meant to bring someone.”
Ron: ”I expect you’ll be bringing McLaggen. He’s in the Slug Club, isn’t he?”
Hermione: ”Actually, I was going to ask you.”

Another bright thing about this is Harry heard this conversation. He didn't say anything which happens most of the time. He really wants the two of them to figure it out.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

very smooth, Hermione

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 01-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Elite Fan

I love that Harry ddin't try to add his own thoughts to the convo He knew that Ron and Hermione had to figure it out themselves and that it was not really his business.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Moderator Manager

That's what I love about him. He let his friends figure out how they feel for each other. He doesn't meddle in them and he knows what's going on. Even if he has some moments where he's already hinting at them, these two just don't seem to see it at all. I gotta hand it to JKR, that kind of angst is what gets me these days.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I love that Harry ddin't try to add his own thoughts to the convo He knew that Ron and Hermione had to figure it out themselves and that it was not really his business.
he just knows it's better to stay out of their lovers' chats

Old 01-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Good on Harry for staying out of it.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Lindsay! Love that you chose this as the title.

That moment was so much better in the book though. Ron didn't even seem jealous/bothered in the movie version.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 01-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Fate (View Post)
That moment was so much better in the book though. Ron didn't even seem jealous/bothered in the movie version.
UGH, tell me about it. Although in the movies, he's really bothered about Krum. But I didn't feel that he was jealous over Cormac either. Hermione was definitely jealous over Lavender. I love jealous!Hermione.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Fate (View Post)
TFTNT Lindsay! Love that you chose this as the title.

yeah, it's a real shame that was so downplayed

Old 01-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That's what I love about him. He let his friends figure out how they feel for each other. He doesn't meddle in them and he knows what's going on. Even if he has some moments where he's already hinting at them, these two just don't seem to see it at all. I gotta hand it to JKR, that kind of angst is what gets me these days.
Yeah, that was one of the most interesting aspects of RHr story: the build up and the realisation, how they both seemed to not understand their feelings for one another for a long time and yet feeling so much that it scared both of them and they tried to live in a denial. Harry saw what was going on and tried to give them time to figure it out themselves.

As for jealus Ron, he was definitely downplayed in the movies. While I enjoy a lot of RHr movie moments, but when it comes to protective Ron and jealus Ron, books showed it way, way better. I couldn't believe that the movies didn't keep the moment when Ron standed up for Hermione when Snape was unfair to her and called her know-it-all. He even got a detention for that! Yet the movies made Ron be on Snape's side and agree with him

Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Yeah, that was one of the most interesting aspects of RHr story: the build up and the realisation, how they both seemed to not understand their feelings for one another for a long time and yet feeling so much that it scared both of them and they tried to live in a denial. Harry saw what was going on and tried to give them time to figure it out themselves.

As for jealus Ron, he was definitely downplayed in the movies. While I enjoy a lot of RHr movie moments, but when it comes to protective Ron and jealus Ron, books showed it way, way better. I couldn't believe that the movies didn't keep the moment when Ron standed up for Hermione when Snape was unfair to her and called her know-it-all. He even got a detention for that! Yet the movies made Ron be on Snape's side and agree with him
And this sort of thing happen. Everyone in the world knows what's going on but them. The annoying thing is they can't admit their feelings to each other and so they go off and have relationships with other people just so they can deny that feeling but of course it won't go away!

The movie had it's Ron moments though, especially in DH where we see Ron angry and crying and frustrated. It didn't touch on some aspects we wished could've been there but overall I'm still generally happy with how Rupert has portrayed him and the material that was given to him.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top