Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2015, 01:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

i too became active once the movies were over, although i was lurking here and in other hp sites for a long time before. i think that younger generations will also be a hp generation considering that we have books, movies, videogames, a theme park, musicals, pottermore, fanfics, and of course the new trilogy that's coming soon "fantastic beast and where to find them". this way i doubt people will ever forget harry potter.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That is quite amazing you became more active when everything was over. One would think that once this is all over, then we'd just stop here you know? Granted it's been slow lately but otherwise this board is still "active" and we have not been in danger of board closure due to low post counts. Says a lot about this fandom.
Unfortunately i discovered HP very late and missed all the "fun" with the forums, the ship wars and everything.

Ron and Hermione + Synchronized Turning this is so amusing... and interesting
Old 04-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes, I doubt people are going to forget HP anytime soon. It will be here for many, many years to come. Yes this fandom can be ugly at times but I am super proud of us and our love and loyalty to Harry Potter and JKR's world. I am glad to be a part of it all. *gets sentimental*

Btw, anyone have title suggestions for the new thread? Maybe there's already a suggestion before that I forgot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnUnited (View Post)
Unfortunately i discovered HP very late and missed all the "fun" with the forums, the ship wars and everything.
The ship wars were no fun. There's a reason why the ship threads here are not numbered. But this board was very active and had a lot of traffic especially when there's a new book release or a movie was out. I miss those times but I don't miss the ship wars. And thanks for that gifset. Love it!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The ship wars were no fun. There's a reason why the ship threads here are not numbered. But this board was very active and had a lot of traffic especially when there's a new book release or a movie was out. I miss those times but I don't miss the ship wars. And thanks for that gifset. Love it!
I don't know. I think i'd be good at the ships war. I have a tendency of speaking my mind passionately even when people don't ask my opinion, so I'm pretty sure that if I did it on purpose, I'd be even better at that

For the title, I saw the OP and I think I prefer this one
"Whatever house I'm in, I hope she's not in it" classic
Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL. Getting caught in the middle of ship wars was not fun. It's fine when you're a poster and speaking your mind about your ship but as a mod, it's just nuts.

I like that title.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
LOL. Getting caught in the middle of ship wars was not fun. It's fine when you're a poster and speaking your mind about your ship but as a mod, it's just nuts.
OMG, you were a mod back then? WOW! From what I've heard i seriously feel sorry for you for what you went through
Why there are no thread numbers now? They were fighting over which ship has more threads? My name is Lydia by the way, in case someone doesn't want to call me DamnUnited.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
For the title, I saw the OP and I think I prefer this one
"Whatever house I'm in, I hope she's not in it" classic
And we have our new title :

Now seriously, I found the best fanmade gifset about R/Hr wedding day.

X Perfect! I'm going to use it to our new OP, that's for sure
Old 04-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

geoizz, I love that gifset!!! I am just crying here because it's perfect. And I agree that it needs to be in the OP. Btw, can you edit out some of it because of the swear words (PG-13 rule)? Thanks!

Quote:
OMG, you were a mod back then? WOW! From what I've heard i seriously feel sorry for you for what you went through
Why there are no thread numbers now? They were fighting over which ship has more threads? My name is Lydia by the way, in case someone doesn't want to call me DamnUnited.
Yes, there were fights over which ship has more threads so imagine the traffic on the board back then. I became mod of this board last 2007 so the books are done and HBP movie was about to be released. But I have been posting on this board since I joined FF.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Btw, can you edit out some of it because of the swear words (PG-13 rule)? Thanks!
You mean i need to edit it if i'm going to use it in the next OP? First of, I don't know how to do that and second of, there is no need. PG-13 doesn't mean no bad words. It means no excessive use of bad words and it's always about the context. Here we have one bad word and the context is not offensive. Ron says bloody hell all the time. That's a swear word in british.

If you want, i won't use it or I'll just leave the link, but i believe that there is nothing wrong with it. It is pg-13.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoizz545 (View Post)
Now seriously, I found the best fanmade gifset about R/Hr wedding day.
X Perfect! I'm going to use it to our new OP, that's for sure
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Thank you whoever did this and you for sharing
Old 04-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoizz545 (View Post)
You mean i need to edit it if i'm going to use it in the next OP? First of, I don't know how to do that and second of, there is no need. PG-13 doesn't mean no bad words. It means no excessive use of bad words and it's always about the context. Here we have one bad word and the context is not offensive. Ron says bloody hell all the time. That's a swear word in british.

If you want, i won't use it or I'll just leave the link, but i believe that there is nothing wrong with it. It is pg-13.
I want to use and see the gifs properly believe me but there's a reason why FF edits out the use of the S-word and the F-word both of which is in that gifset. Bloody is fine because FF doesn't censor it. **** and **** are not allowed on icons, gifs, pictures and FF censors them. I get what you mean about the context of the gifset but we have had issues with other boards before and we want to be standard with all of this so this rule applies to all boards on FF.

How about to link it in the OP like this:

Old 04-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

OMFG!!! That's so perfect! Thanks for posting it here
Old 04-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

+1 for the new title

that gifset is so beautiful. really talented work and i don't mind the couple bad words. like hermione once said "it's exciting, isn't? breaking the rules".
Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Just a few more posts to go. Let's kill this thread everyone!

Old 04-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm going to start the new thread tomorrow and probably i'll change some things in the OP. I won't change a lot but a few new gifs and pics are always a nice change
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top