Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2017, 02:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
^ But this was after you've read the books or seen a HP movie?

GA and Lost was so huge back then, LOL.
Definitely after. I read the books first (not the last one) because my parents are both teachers and our house was always full of books. They wanted me interested in books too, so it was them that bought me the first books. I think it was HBP that i bought with my own money. I was already hooked by then

I'm pretty sure now that it was 2008 when i found this site, because it was during the Olympic Games in Bejing. I was lurking for some time and then i decided to become a member here.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:46 AM
Moderator Manager

Aww, that's great that your parents encouraged you to read. Did you ship RHr right away from reading the books?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Aww, that's great that your parents encouraged you to read. Did you ship RHr right away from reading the books?
No I was 10 years old when they gave me to read the first book. I wasn't thinking about romance at that age. I think it went naturally. As i was getting older so did the characters and i started realise the possibility of R/Hr romantically the same time R/Hr did.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Same. I didn't ship anyone at all. I thought they were too young to be thinking of stuff like that, especially after reading SS. It wasn't until PoA, I think, that I finally saw there could be something between them.

I'm actually late to reading the books. SS was out at the theaters when I started reading them. A friend of mine encouraged me to read it as I thought they were a children's book and I was an adult already when the books came out. And the rest is history.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad i didn't read them all at once, but i read one every year. It really helped me to connect with the characters more because i was in the same age as them and i could relate better. I don't think if i read all the books in the age of 11 or 20 i would appreciated the same way to be honest. If i read them too young, i might not like the adult themes and if i read them too old, maybe i couldn't care about their child or teen worries, i don't know
Old 04-14-2017, 10:23 PM
Moderator Manager

I actually didn't mind the teen stuff. GoF was very teen angst-y but everything was just really exciting having been able to interact with other magical schools. Who would've thought Jo had that in mind? Plus they were really easy to read... until OotP which was so long (compared to the first 4 books).

I really started to hardcore ship RHr in GoF though.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:18 AM
Loyal Fan

The first time i thought something cute about them was during CoS when Harry told Ron they had to go to the Forbidden Forrest and he's hesitant at first and then he looked at the empty Hermione's seat and decided to do it. I thought he was a sweetheart for doing that. It wasn't really romantic yet to me, but it had an impact because i started thinking that Ron despite not showing it, he deeply cares about Hermione.

credit Lovely fanart
Old 04-16-2017, 01:30 AM
Moderator Manager

I think CoS was already the start of it all. I was just in denial and didn't want to think romantic stuff between them. And even if in PoA there was more RHr moments, I still was in denial. GoF really changed all of that.

Aww, that moment in CoS. That's such a sweet moment though.

I love that drawing!

Old 04-18-2017, 02:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

lovely drawing

for me it was instant. i shipped them immediately without having any romantic intication. but it was innocent, not like i wanted two kids to start kissing or something. i just wanted them to spend as much time together as possible.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, at first i only wanted them to spend a lot of time together, even without Harry, that's why when they go to Hogsmeade in PoA and had the time of their lives was one of my all time favourite moments
Old 04-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Moderator Manager

^ OMG yes!!! That was so sweet. It was like a glimpse of what these two can become together. GAAAAAAHHH.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

^ And a proof that they weren't just friends because of Harry, but because they genuinely liked each other's company.

credit I always love these
Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Exactly!

LMAO that is so funny and cute at the same time. I gotta love how absent minded Ron was during that time.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

omg! lavender kills me

ron and hermione were also best friends, despite that some haters will try to make their friendship less, comparing to ron/harry or harry/hermione. they had great time together, they spend time together during the holidays (even when hermione knew that harry wouldn't be there), and they cared deeply for each other, regardless of their romantic feelings for each other.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Book Lavender really annoyed me to no end. Movie Lavender was more hilarious for me.

Haters are going to hate. Harry, Ron & Hermione all met at the same time and are all best friends. I gotta love how Hermione felt so at home with the Weasleys early on like it was a sign of future things to come.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top