Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh you people going to love Australia, I'm telling you. It isn't because it's a R/Hr story (obviously that's a great reason). But mostly because it follows the aftermath of the war and the struggles with the emotions, the PTSD, the survival guilt, the hormones, etc. It's really well written and arguably something that we can imagine our couple going through after the war.

I found this beautiful gifset!

credit
Old 10-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Ugh, I love post-DH fics because obviously I wanted to know more.

I love that gifset!!! It's perfect.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Post-DH are always my favourite ones because it truly leaves you with your imagination to fill the gap between the final battle and 19 years later. And some writers are so good at this, and i so thank them for that.

One of the things i always wanted from DH was just one chapter before the epilogue that covers some afterbattle issues. Not going as far as the fic goes, but a chapter showing a memorial a week after the battle where Harry stands there with his friends and talks to people about the sacrifices they all did and all that.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:50 PM
New Fan

rofl ))
Old 10-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnUnited (View Post)
One of the things i always wanted from DH was just one chapter before the epilogue that covers some afterbattle issues. Not going as far as the fic goes, but a chapter showing a memorial a week after the battle where Harry stands there with his friends and talks to people about the sacrifices they all did and all that.
I always (at least for me) wanted a chapter on Fred's wake and then RHr both going to Australia to reverse Hermione's spell and formally introduce Ron to her parents as her bf. After that... I have no idea.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, i agree with you. I'd like something like what Suzanne Collins did with Hunger Games. She had a chapter after the final battle and just before the epilogue where Katniss goes back to her house and starts dealing with everything that happened and mainly with the death of her sister and a bit more with how she copes with Gale staying at the Capitol, Peeta coming back and then admitting that she loves him, etc. And then she wrote the "many years later" epilogue. I'd love something similar with Harry Potter.

By the way... beautiful gifset! Thanks for posting it
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah the 19 Years after is a long time jump so there's a lot of missing moments that fic writers can feast on, for sure.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

For me it's not so much about the "19 years later". I loved the Epilogue! Are you kidding me? Ron/Hermione married with 2 kids? It can't get better than this

But i agree that there should have been a chapter covering some issues after the final battle and not what's going to happen to the Elder wand which is basically the only thing that showed after the battle. Like you girls said, i'd love for a little bit of what happened a week after for example. How the Weasleys coped with Fred's death, their thoughts about Teddy, Hermione's parents, the death of so many friends, what happened to the malfoys, etcetera. But, sure there are amazing fic writers that really made wonderful missing moments fics
Old 10-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Moderator Manager

I felt like I missed a lot when the Epilogue happened. But yes it's wonderful to know that RHr had 3 kids and are married. But of course we knew that since they met.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I felt like I missed a lot when the Epilogue happened. But yes it's wonderful to know that RHr had 3 kids and are married. But of course we knew that since they met.
Actually they had two kids, remember? Rose and Hugo. Harry and Ginny have 3 kids.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Who knows? Maybe the third one stayed home that day

I'd like to think they had a third one in the future actually. That would be awesome!

credit
Old 10-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great art!

Icon by sourburst
Old 10-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueler312 (View Post)
Actually they had two kids, remember? Rose and Hugo. Harry and Ginny have 3 kids.
Yes typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnUnited (View Post)
Who knows? Maybe the third one stayed home that day

I'd like to think they had a third one in the future actually. That would be awesome!
Haha, if you ask me they really should have more children. I always think RHr wanted a big family.

Quote:
credit
Beautiful art from DH!

Old 10-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Haha, if you ask me they really should have more children. I always think RHr wanted a big family.
Oh, the haters would have a field day if that happened Can you imagine how much more hate Ron would get if we learned that they had 4 or 5 kids? "Ron turned Hermione into his personal babies machine", "he married his mum", "Hermione would never want to be a full time mum", "She's meant to be minister of magic, not a desperate housewife", etc. I've already read those comments with just Hugo and Rose. Imagine how worse would be with more.

For me, i think one more kid would be perfect and more perfect if that happened with an unexpected pregnancy in their mid-40s.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Smile, or go to jail
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top