Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

I adored their love/hate relationship from book 1 and loved the sidekick dynamic. I honestly just didn't want Hermione to end up with the "hero" of the series, that would've been too believable and cliche. I stuck with R/Hr since the beginning and yes, GoF definitely screamed to me that they'll be canon
Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
I adored their love/hate relationship from book 1 and loved the sidekick dynamic. I honestly just didn't want Hermione to end up with the "hero" of the series, that would've been too believable and cliche. I stuck with R/Hr since the beginning and yes, GoF definitely screamed to me that they'll be canon
Precisely. That's why this couple worked for me right from the start. Ron wasn't the "hero" and he wasn't at the Quidditch team (at first) and he has a lot of issues too being the youngest boy in the family so he has some insecurities. He wasn't going to be that boy all the girls loved (Sirius-material so to speak when he was still in Hogwarts). And to have Hermione fall for someone like him (at the start) was what I've been rooting for this whole time. GoF was a good indication that they both feel something but are too stubborn to admit it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Precisely. That's why this couple worked for me right from the start. Ron wasn't the "hero" and he wasn't at the Quidditch team (at first) and he has a lot of issues too being the youngest boy in the family so he has some insecurities. He wasn't going to be that boy all the girls loved (Sirius-material so to speak when he was still in Hogwarts). And to have Hermione fall for someone like him (at the start) was what I've been rooting for this whole time. GoF was a good indication that they both feel something but are too stubborn to admit it.
I agree with all of that. Besides. looked like the hero of the story was already spoken for. lol
Old 06-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Ron's Surprise by jaymetwins on deviantART

Old 06-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueler312 (View Post)
I agree with all of that. Besides. looked like the hero of the story was already spoken for. lol
Yea that seemed pretty clear since the beginning
Old 06-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Moderator Manager

I have a question for all of you: were Ron & Hermione your longest OTP and why did you stick with them until the end?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, they definitely are my longest OTP. I just always believed that they are a good match and really proves that opposites do attract. I loved their dynamic in the books and the deep connection they had as sidekicks. They were both so loyal to Harry and have been through so much together.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

They are my OTP, but to be honest, i don't really ship any other couple than them. Maybe i have a soft spot for Katniss/Peeta from Hunger Games, but in no way near my love for Ron/Hermione. I don't know what attracks me to this relationship and i think that's the point. I don't like when people are trying to find reasons and criteria in order to decide if they like a couple or not. For me there was something special between Ron/Hermione that i can't really explain it.

Maybe it's because they are the only couple that make sense to me and that i could see it last in time. I've seen in my life many couples that have many things in common having a miserable marriage and life together. I've seen couples that were different and decided to end it after the first few rough moments. But... then there are those couple - there are not many out there unfortunately - that didn't have much in common but decided to fight to keep their marriage and love going and it's in those couples that you can see the spark still there after many years. And if i can imagine one couple that would do that, that would be Ron/Hermione.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Please add me
Old 06-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Welcome Jade! geoizz545 will add when you she gets back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
Yes, they definitely are my longest OTP. I just always believed that they are a good match and really proves that opposites do attract. I loved their dynamic in the books and the deep connection they had as sidekicks. They were both so loyal to Harry and have been through so much together.
They really have been through so much together and also grew together from being kids to teenagers and falling in-love along the way. I enjoyed every aspect of this relationship so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnUnited (View Post)
Maybe it's because they are the only couple that make sense to me and that i could see it last in time. I've seen in my life many couples that have many things in common having a miserable marriage and life together. I've seen couples that were different and decided to end it after the first few rough moments. But... then there are those couple - there are not many out there unfortunately - that didn't have much in common but decided to fight to keep their marriage and love going and it's in those couples that you can see the spark still there after many years. And if i can imagine one couple that would do that, that would be Ron/Hermione.
I very much agree with this post. I can't explain it either. I've liked other couples but I have to say, R/Hr has been it for me. They will and forever will be my OTP for life. I liked how they met, bicker, are friends, have a crush on each other (without realizing it), and finally admitting those feelings. I always like angsty couples and prefer relationships developing overtime than couples who fall in-love instantly (though I may have shipped couples like this too, depends really). I have enjoyed their progression and have rooted for them for so long. So it's been quite an emotional journey as well being part of this fandom and for shipping them for so long. I really can't say the same for the other couples I ship.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Please add me
Added you Welcome to our group

Quote:
I have a question for all of you: were Ron & Hermione your longest OTP and why did you stick with them until the end?
Obviously they are my OTP and for the longest time. As for why, I think i agree with DamnUnited that i can't really explain it. Probably it's the journey to get there, starting from dislike, to tolerance, to friendship, to crush, and eventually to the biggest form of love. I prefer that kind of relationship over anything else.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoizz545 (View Post)
Obviously they are my OTP and for the longest time. As for why, I think i agree with DamnUnited that i can't really explain it. Probably it's the journey to get there, starting from dislike, to tolerance, to friendship, to crush, and eventually to the biggest form of love. I prefer that kind of relationship over anything else.
I was probably too stubborn to admit it during the earlier books. I said to myself that they were too young to fall each other. I had thought more about it during CoS/PoA but by GoF, I was sure they will end up together. I may have had my doubts questioned but I wanted to stay with my belief and that even if they didn't end up together, I had still enjoyed the friendship. I'm glad we got our endgame. The wait was worth it.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That's an interesting question. For me the Harry Potter series were never about the romance, but you just couldn't ignore it after some point. It was quite obvious that Hermione meant a lot to Ron and vice versa. And it was so powerful reading about them, that the main storyline about Harry became in a way a subplot to what was happening between Ron and Hermione.
It was like some other people said, that i cared more - if not only - about them and when they'll finally admit their feelings than how Harry is going to kill Voldemort
Old 06-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPark (View Post)
That's an interesting question. For me the Harry Potter series were never about the romance, but you just couldn't ignore it after some point. It was quite obvious that Hermione meant a lot to Ron and vice versa. And it was so powerful reading about them, that the main storyline about Harry became in a way a subplot to what was happening between Ron and Hermione.
It was like some other people said, that i cared more - if not only - about them and when they'll finally admit their feelings than how Harry is going to kill Voldemort
That's how it started for me reading the books: HP wasn't all about romance so I was careful about shipping anyone yet. But I found their constant bickering really amusing and there were instances where you can feel it, there was tension and some awkwardness. It was subtle in CoS and PoA (imo) but GoF was really the book that sealed them as a couple for me.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

x you're not fooling anyone, Ron.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top