Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donna_Irene_Mohr
Here's a link, http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/inside...ing%20Standard

It was up on mugglenet as news of more deaths being in HBP they posted this quote:

But perhaps it could be Harry's friends Ron Weasley (12 to 1) or Hermione Granger (10 to 1)? Harry and Hermione shared their first kiss in the last novel - an experience that left the young wizard feeling "tingling and paralysed" - so her death would create rather a stir.

Has the author of this actually read the book? Sheesh. Anywho, they shared their first "kiss" GoF, not OoTP... or maybe they meant Cho?

Actually, Ron was the one that felt all "tingling and paralysed" after Hermione kissed him in OoTP.

Quote:
Harry looked questioningly at her, but she shook her head warningly; Ron had just ambled over to them, looking lost and desperate.

"Good luck, Ron," said Hermione, standing on tiptoe and kissing him on the cheek. "And you, Harry - "

Ron seemed to come to himself slightly as they walked back across the Great Hall. He touched the spot on his face where Hermione had kissed him, looking puzzled, as though he was not quite sure what had just happened. He seemed too distracted to notice much around him.
good stuff.

Jade
Old 10-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch
Besides, is Hermione even "the girl"? I take that to mean the girl everyone wants...usually beautiful, smart, kind, etc. Yeah, she's smart, but we know people aren't falling over themselves trying to get to her. Viktor liked her, and Ron does, but, meh. I think The Girl could be someone more like Parvati or Fleur or something. Which is another reason I think Neville/Parvati will happen (Neville's the other half of the prophecy), but that's another story
-will make sure to bring this up-

Maybe I should just send my mum to read this thread. .
Old 10-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Hey guys!

When I read that article about the alleged H/Hr kiss in OotP, I started laughing. Then, I told my sister about it and she started laughing. My God. Don't people research before they write articles?

Personally, I think HBP will be a major turning point for Ron/Hermione and for other characters as well. You can't have all this new development in Book 7 (which is supposed to be the place where things are tied up). I think they will kiss and by the end of the book, they will be dating because I think they'll be Head Boy and Head Girl in Book 7 (just like James/Lily).

As far as the hero always getting the girl? Hermione is definitely not "the girl". She's a sidekick. If anyone's "the girl" (which is kind of sexist IMHO), it's Ginny. And you need to have your mother watch "Star Wars". Han and Leia were the sidekicks and they ended up together.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:46 AM
New Fan

I'm having fun thinking up titles:

R/Hr~Because we know who really felt tingly after Hermione gave them a kiss!

R/Hr~Because *nod's at Auror's current title* we know!

^this is reffering to Ron's protectiveness of Hermione

R/Hr~Because they both love Muggle rock from the 50's 60's and 70's

^That was pretty random but I always imagined that Hermione's a big fan of Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, and Queen along with with Classical(Mozart, Bach, Handel, Beethoven) and she got Ron into the Rock, Ron especially loves Led Zeppelin (He can sometimes relate to "Dazed and Confused" )but he also loves ACDC which Hermione is not as fond of.

ETA:

For anyone who doesn't know:Superman died this morning. He was a great man, a handsome talented and brilliant one. I always believed he would walk again. I think he's walking in Heaven. R.I.P. Christopher Reeves.

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
Matt Groening (1954 - ), "Life in Hell"

Last edited by Donna_Irene_Mohr; 10-12-2004 at 01:29 AM
Old 10-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Passionate Fan

AH! Cooties!!!
Now it´s even more funny!

So wait.. we have 2 tingly and paralysing kisses. I can consider tingly and paralysing Cho´s kiss on Harry, though he might prefer to simple define it as "wet".

Still think somebody is winning a bet....

*does the sidekick dance*

Donna, we try not to do shipper title wars. Our title is ours, their title is theirs. We are all have the right to dream. If someday we think their title it too abuse to us, we call the mods, as so will them too in case we do the same.

I´m sad for superman. I was a big fan. My smallville eps with him are now forever.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I haven't posted here in ages, so a big hello to all the kicks

MuggleNet had a link to Lizo's review of the PoA DVD on the BBC site, and I am so damn annoyed - there only seems to be 3 deleted scenes by the sounds of it, and the hug b/w Ron & Hermione ain't one of them. Why in the hell wasn't that put on there? I suppose one good thing is that we get to see the Great Hall scene where R/H tell Harry about Hogsmeade... but I want to see the hug for crap's sake! GRR!

On a lighter note though so my post doesn't turn all bitter and twisted - I'm loving all the GoF movie suggestions people have been making. I'm really excited about what may happen in it... and the next book of course!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 10-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

CarlyM, I'm disappointed to in the lack of deleted scenes too. Only 3! That's crazy!
Maybe the DVD will have a hidden section with more. As much as I hated the PS hidden deleted scene section that was too hard and too long to get to, I hoping that POA has this aswell and the BBC reporter didn't have a chance to find it. *crosses fingers*
Old 10-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Total Fan

only 3 extra scenes?! CoS had 19!!

i want more ron and hermione!

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 10-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM
I haven't posted here in ages, so a big hello to all the kicks

MuggleNet had a link to Lizo's review of the PoA DVD on the BBC site, and I am so damn annoyed - there only seems to be 3 deleted scenes by the sounds of it, and the hug b/w Ron & Hermione ain't one of them. Why in the hell wasn't that put on there? I suppose one good thing is that we get to see the Great Hall scene where R/H tell Harry about Hogsmeade... but I want to see the hug for crap's sake! GRR!

On a lighter note though so my post doesn't turn all bitter and twisted - I'm loving all the GoF movie suggestions people have been making. I'm really excited about what may happen in it... and the next book of course!
Which hug scene? . I havn't seen the movie yet.

Is there a set date for HBP yet?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Living Dead Girl
Which hug scene? . I havn't seen the movie yet.

Is there a set date for HBP yet?
When they filmed the scene where Hagrid finds scabbers and habdles back to Ron, he make Ron and Hermione stop fighting and hug. We know that scene was filmed and we were hoping it would get to be at the deleted scenes section at the dvd.

But it seems like it´s not.

No dates for HPHBP yet.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

I wish they had bloopers of them doing the hug scene and have them all giggling and uncomfortable I want GOF NOW!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallyna
AH! Cooties!!!
Now it´s even more funny!

So wait.. we have 2 tingly and paralysing kisses. I can consider tingly and paralysing Cho´s kiss on Harry, though he might prefer to simple define it as "wet".

Still think somebody is winning a bet....

*does the sidekick dance*

Donna, we try not to do shipper title wars. Our title is ours, their title is theirs. We are all have the right to dream. If someday we think their title it too abuse to us, we call the mods, as so will them too in case we do the same.

I´m sad for superman. I was a big fan. My smallville eps with him are now forever.
Oh no, no, no, no, I'm not trying to start title wars at all, believe me, I was there for *that* discussion. The Aurors are quite a nice bunch, just said Hi to them recently. *waves to any lurking H/Hr's* Hey I love you keep on shipping! *spreads the flowers of all that is good, kiind and Harmonious*
ahem anyway, I was lurking on there there thread(yes I do do that every once in a while, it's interesting to see how the other half lives), and some posts made me think that their title is sort of a direct play off our current title, you know: tease the ones you *like*, protect the ones you *love*. But I guess that's the best thing about coming up with titles, they don't have to be used and if you think up enough, you can find a good one(I personally like the one about rock music).

But you're right .Though, my intention was to be diplomatic "Hey,it's agreeing with them, for once!". I mean Harry does love Hermione and he protects her, Hermione does love Harry and she protects him, Ron does love Harry and he protects him, Harry does love Ron and he protects him, Hermione does love Ron and she protects him but most of all Ron does love Hermione and he protects her. I guess they all protect each other, in more ways then one.

Anyway apoligises if she may have caused a stir, seperate but equal titles are the best as Sallyna said.

Donna-who likes to ramble and type-a lot!

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
Matt Groening (1954 - ), "Life in Hell"
Old 10-13-2004, 04:28 AM
Extreme Fan

I am sad about Chris Reeve as well. did you know they're supposed to be doing a special tribute thing about him before Smallvillte tomorrow?

I just finished After The End today, and it was so great. It took longer to read than a fic should, but I was sad when it was over. I wish there was a sequal or something. I was in a crazy addictive fic reading frenzy.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Happy Hump Day!

In honor of this day, my I present a hot little fic rec Liquid Courage
Old 10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I've never made any sidekick stuff before, but here you go

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top