Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

My mum and I were arguing last night .. actually at 1 this morning, if Ron and Hermione would get together. And she brought up the fact that the hero always gets the girl. And I said, no and started yelling about Sidekicks. Now we have a bet. .
Old 10-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallyna

I think it´s nice when the actors support the shippering. I think that usually when they don´t support is because they don´t like to see themselves in it. It´s like in the beginning when Emma used to say she didn´t want that Ron and Herm ended up together because that would mean that she would have to kiss Rupert that is like her sister (it´s funny how she says the boys are like sisters to her).
You know, it's kinda funny how a few years ago, when asked about Ron and Hermione getting together, neither Rupert or Emma wanted it to happen but they knew it would.

Now, however, when they are asked about R/Hr, they kinda get embarassed and blush... or like Rupert had said, "it was fun" filming the R/Hr scenes.

It's like they're finally out of the "ew, boys [ or girls] have cooties" phase... and maybe developing slight crushes on each other.

Btw: the new title.

ETA: Welcome the the Sidekick board, danyjoncew!!

Quote:
Jade- I hope you did well on the SATs!
Ahhh...I hope so too...just have to wait two more weeks for the results.

Jade

Last edited by *Dark_Angel*; 10-10-2004 at 03:29 PM
Old 10-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Living Dead Girl
And she brought up the fact that the hero always gets the girl. And I said, no and started yelling about Sidekicks. Now we have a bet. .
Ah, no... Sidekicks end up with other sidekicks. And Hermione isn't just a girl.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva
Ah, no... Sidekicks end up with other sidekicks.
That's what I told her, and she rolled her eyes at me.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Besides, is Hermione even "the girl"? I take that to mean the girl everyone wants...usually beautiful, smart, kind, etc. Yeah, she's smart, but we know people aren't falling over themselves trying to get to her. Viktor liked her, and Ron does, but, meh. I think The Girl could be someone more like Parvati or Fleur or something. Which is another reason I think Neville/Parvati will happen (Neville's the other half of the prophecy), but that's another story
Old 10-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I think somebody is winning a bet here...... hehehe

I agree with Jade, they are finally over "ew, boys [ or girls] have cooties". Though I have no idea what cooties are...
Old 10-10-2004, 09:15 PM
New Fan

You should make your mum read R/Hr essay's, I'm sure they'd convince her.

Unless she's like this one guy I know. See he just likes H/Hr better because Hermione is the most developed female character of Harry's age at this point in time. Doesn't really give much regard to canon. Some people just don't like the Sidekick dynamic, though how anyone could not adore Sidekick interaction, I'll never know.

In my opinion it's much harder to convince those who aren't that into HP anyway so they don't care about canon, and those who are so set in their ways and so deep into the fandom that nothing could convince them otherwise. The best people to convince are neutrals who aren't to deep into the fandom but care about canon and want to figure out where it's headed. It IS possible to change someone's opinion, as long as they're not to emotionally set in it or indifferent to evidence.

By the way, you guys know the article that said Harry shared a tingly paralysing kiss with Hermione, well I looked and it also said that JKR hinted at a Ron and Hermione romance for HBP. So I'm not sure what the article's getting at. Maybe it meant that they shared a platonically tingly paralysing kiss much like a mother would kiss a son, so that's why Hermione's death would cause a stir. Whateva, everything in that article's rubbish(did you see those so called *odds*), except of course the part about JK hinting at R/Hr of course.

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
Matt Groening (1954 - ), "Life in Hell"
Old 10-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I read thar strange article. It´s too weird to have any relevance.

"Tingling and paralising"..... as if! *snorts*

yesterday after some very long time giving up on ShellyK´s updates I found out Anam Cara has 3 new chapters. It has a great one of wild Ginny and Harry. The mirror thing reminded me of Post Tenebrae Lux which sadly has not been updated.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donna_Irene_Mohr

By the way, you guys know the article that said Harry shared a tingly paralysing kiss with Hermione, well I looked and it also said that JKR hinted at a Ron and Hermione romance for HBP.
Mind posting the link to the articles? I'm not commenting on this until I receive some evidence.

ETA: "cooties" most nearly means boogers... but if you want the scientific term, it means germs.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:46 PM
New Fan

Here's a link, http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/inside...ing%20Standard

It was up on mugglenet as news of more deaths being in HBP they posted this quote:

But perhaps it could be Harry's friends Ron Weasley (12 to 1) or Hermione Granger (10 to 1)? Harry and Hermione shared their first kiss in the last novel - an experience that left the young wizard feeling "tingling and paralysed" - so her death would create rather a stir.

^Yeah the kiss was so amazing that is 'paralysed' the part of his brain that could recall the event in question *rolls eyes*.

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
Matt Groening (1954 - ), "Life in Hell"
Old 10-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Donna_Irene_Mohr
Yeah the kiss was so amazing that is 'paralysed' the part of his brain that could recall the event in question *rolls eyes*.
Too true. Either the reporter didn't read the books or has their own agenda that obviously doesn't jive with the canon. Guess no cares about fact checking anymore in the news industry. Its report first and correct later. (Or ignore the facts and neglect to correct later.)

Sallyna I'm all over that fic my friend. Thanks for the update!
Old 10-11-2004, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

But they wanted to look like they knew what they were talking about so they did all those odds
I guess they heard he got his first kiss in the fifth book and assumed it would be from Hermione, since she's the only well-known charactor besiders Voldemort, Harry and Ron (known to people who don't read the books, that is).
Old 10-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Rupert is the fave celeb!

BBC article

Click on vote for favorite celeb and vote for Rupert. Let's keep him number 1 again.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I guess they heard he got his first kiss in the fifth book and assumed it would be from Hermione, since she's the only well-known charactor besiders Voldemort, Harry and Ron (known to people who don't read the books, that is).
Yah... Harry shared his fist kiss with Cho... if he kiss anyone else it would be the second one...
This article is mad...

"Oliver, Oliver... Wood me! Wood me!"

Ron and Hermione; made for each other.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Total Fan

it's such a bother when reporters get it wrong...

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top