Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Sibon: Yeah. Except I just saw CoS on HBO and that's the first thing I thought of. Crazy me, I know. I miss you already.

Ben: That's more like it!

Eggwhite: I don't like it either. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Sarah: Dude, can I just call you Stinky or something? Because I don't have a nickname for you just yet, and since you stink anyway ....

Mater: !!!!!!!!

Nicole: Dude. Love the first one, and the second is cute, but the third? But seriously though, it's lovely. And there's no denying what Ron's dreaming of. And of what Hermione is thinking of.

Ellie: Have I mentioned how much I love One Week? Thanks for the rec!!

Yes. I am still in the process of reading the others that are linked here.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nichole- beautiful work on all the kicks work you did!

Quote:
(which I can't think of the name of it at the moment ). But its where Hermione sneaks into the boy's dormitory room one night after she has a nightmare and ends up sleeping in Ron's bed with him
Aww that sounds like such a cute fic! If you ever remember the title and such please post it. I would love to check it out
My LJ
Old 09-08-2004, 05:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
(which I can't think of the name of it at the moment ). But its where Hermione sneaks into the boy's dormitory room one night after she has a nightmare and ends up sleeping in Ron's bed with him

Isnt there like 80 billion fics like that. Ive read so many in the past couple of days that I just cant remember them all, but it kind of reminds me of Beyond What Came Before - dont know if youve already read it though...
Old 09-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Siobhán
I wouldn't be surprised if Harry ended up telling Ron.
ITA!!!!!! I would love that scene!!!!

Cole, I love you and your creativity and I'm glad you're safe.

I think that, in addition to the DORKS, we should have the NERDS (Newbies Enter the Realm of Die-hard Sidekicks), so the newbies don't feel ignored/excluded.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:38 AM
New Fan

nerds. hehe.

Harry telling Ron does make a lot of sense now that i think about it. and of course he knows! he did get the point more than Ron did back in GoF.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Loving all the manips & fic recs everyone, thank you!

I got lost in the oldbie rush before but was pleased to learn lots of new words like "jangalicious", "tread" and "higs". Hehe

Oldbies are cool, as are the NERDS!
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 09-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Dinky-Bell-Pie: It's funny that you must find a nickname for the smelliest little sidekick, but you still call Ben just Ben. I don't know why it's funny, don't ask me.

Harry and Ron have problems seeing anything that's right in front of them when it comes to their own romance issues, but both of them seem to understand a lot more about each other's.

Harry's annoyance at Ron and Hermione when they fight also looks a little like a kid upset at his parents fighting. You know, because I'm saying so.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Clarinha

Harry's annoyance at Ron and Hermione when they fight also looks a little like a kid upset at his parents fighting. You know, because I'm saying so.
Yep, I noticed that, too. Poor little Harryikns.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hee, Poor little Harrykins. I bet you Ron and Hermione first baby's name will be Harry. If it's a boy, of course. If it's a girl, it would be funny if it was Luna
"That's because it's colorless," said Ginny in a convincingly exasperated voice, "but if you want to walk through it, carry on, then we'll have your body as proof for the next idiot who didn't believe us...."
Old 09-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't know, though. I only see them calling their eventual son Harry if Harry dies. And I don't want him to die. I like Harry! Please don't kill Harry.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree. No death for Harry. And I don't think Harry goes with Weasley. They are running out of royal names though, unless they go with James, but that'd be mixing up the families again and yeah... . They'll just have to have a girl. Awww. Ron with a baby girl.

p.s. I love the new name for newbies. We've got NERDs and DORKs all over the place.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

that would be cute to see them naming their son after Harry but I wouldnt want Harry to die also.

Nerds, yeah Im pretty much a nerd so thats perfect for me
My LJ
Old 09-08-2004, 10:23 PM
clm
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ColieOlie~
I'm really bored right now, so I made a few more manips. I kinda got the idea from a fic (which I can't think of the name of it at the moment ). But its where Hermione sneaks into the boy's dormitory room one night after she has a nightmare and ends up sleeping in Ron's bed with him.
was the fic called IN his bed? Everyone should take a look at it-it is really sweet. I found the link to it at http://www.ronandhermione.net
it's in short fic section.

Icon: girls_are_weird
Old 09-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by clm
was the fic called IN his bed? Everyone should take a look at it-it is really sweet. I found the link to it at http://www.ronandhermione.net
it's in short fic section.

Awww that fic was so cute, I loved it
My LJ
Old 09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Siobhán
No death for Harry.
But .. but ... who would want to see Harry dead? I don't really think he'll die (hey, not in book 7, at least, and stop laughing, yes, YOU! I see you!! Eh, who cares? Pshaw!). Anyway, he's got to survive, or else.

I mean, sure, he's the Boy Who Lived and all that, but he got the point!! Somebody's gotta push Ron in the right direction.

Times like this, I long for fics like Awakenings. Heehee!!

PS
Isn't it funny that Arabella wrote that fic in 2001, with that ending, I mean, Ron uttering those words, and two years later, in OotP, Ron says the same thing to Harry!!!! Except, you know, Ron had something else in mind in the fic, but still. How fun!!

Quote:
Harry and Ron have problems seeing anything that's right in front of them when it comes to their own romance issues, but both of them seem to understand a lot more about each other's.

Eh. Our boys aren't so clueless after all!!! But no. It's that problem we all have, like, you can't see the forest for its trees! [Or however that line goes.] It's really hard to see what's staring you right in the face, add to that the fact that Ron's got insecurity issues he should address first, and you know, he might be thinking, that it's all in his head and that Hermione won't fall for someone like him, which is just plain silly, because we all know that Hermione will only fall for someone exactly like Ron.

Love, sweet love.

Quote:
Dinky-Bell-Pie: It's funny that you must find a nickname for the smelliest little sidekick, but you still call Ben just Ben. I don't know why it's funny, don't ask me.

Don't think I didn't come across this flaw when I was typing out my post.

I just thought, you know, why make it so hard on Dinner she already has a lot to think about without adding the burden of coming up with TWO nicknames. Two, sadly, is such a big number, that I decided to take it one step at a time. With me just thinking of a name for the smelliest little sidekick. Now that I have tackled that, I can now move on the next task, which is finding one for Benny Boy.

*puts thinking cap on*

*hums*

*mind still blank, will get back to you on that later*

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
I think that, in addition to the DORKS, we should have the NERDS (Newbies Enter the Realm of Die-hard Sidekicks), so the newbies don't feel ignored/excluded.

Dude. You so rock!! *high fives you* I commend you for showing your intelliguality.