Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Guys!

How are all the kickies? Hopefully good!

Behrfehr - thanx for all the quotes! I seem to have missed a lot of grabbing and looking, I'm going on Saturday to see it again.

anyway I also come bearing some cool stuff! I'm kinda Kicky obsessed, so i've been monitoring www.rottentomatoes.com...and I have collected all the Ron and Hermione quotes from millions of reviews I read and I present you with all the movie reviewers that have seen the light. There were a lot that addressed "romance in the air" and "sexual tension" but these are the ones that addressed Ron and Hermione.

This is a list of all the quotes I collected! :

-Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them. - Boston Herald

-She [Hermione] becomes more aware of Ron, (Rupert Grint) as their hands sometimes touch and they deny their attraction toward each other. - Zap2It.com

-With all of its recurring focus on young boys having trouble with their wands, and with the slightly changing dynamic in the relationship between Ron and Hermione, the story is a not-so-subtle drama about coming of age. - Looking Closer

-He also picks up nicely on threads that are understated in Rowling's book, notably the emerging sexual tension between Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson), which manifests, as adolescent crushes are wont to do, in much mutual taunting and snippiness. - Reel.com

-Now 13, the central trio start to show hints of adolescence, and Ron and Hermione share a few moments that hint at future romance. - Las Vegas Weekly

-Later on, during a magic class, there are numerous references to stroking one's wand. The thought of sexuality is starting to emerge in these young adults and Cuarón is sure to foreshadow towards future romantic twists. Hermione (Emma Watson) and Ron (Rupert Grint) share a couple of awkward moments that are all done in spontaneous innocence but hint towards growing feelings towards one another beyond the platonic friendship shared thus far. - Movie View

-Throw into this mix a werewolf, a bit of time travel, the occasional awkward teenage moment between Hermione and Ron, that wondrous bird-horse creature and a handful of solid surprises, and “Prisoner” becomes a roaring good yarn. - The Detroit News

-With that Latin sensibility lurking behind every frame, we can sense him chomping at the bit to get these kids together, dropping obvious hints of carnal attraction between Hermione and her dim-bulb sparring partner Ron. – Tyler Morning Telegraph

-Grint is quite funny as Ron, who appears to be developing a mega-crush on Hermione almost against his will. –Critic Doctor

-Cuarón, director of one of the most carnal films of the early 21st century (Y tu mamá también), can't resist giving us an awkward moment between Ron and Hermione, when the characters find themselves clumsily holding hands. The two, both embarrassed, quickly pull away from each other, but the tension is there. – The Juicy Cerebellum

-Potter soon teams up with his old friends Ron (Rupert Grint ) and Hermione (Emma Watson) who all seem a little more...touchy with each other in the past. – Film Snobs

-Cuaron gets to tease at slight romantic tension between Hermione and Ron, with Watson and Grint once again providing the perfect team for Radcliffe. – Gazette (MD)

-Hermione and Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) are beginning to develop a crush on each other which Watson and Grint handle with sensitivity. – JAM! Movies

-Watson and Grint in particular are turning into accomplished scene-stealers. – Kansas City Star

-Cuarón’s characters are very much on the brink of psychosexual enlightenment. (For Ron Weasley, the developing Hermione’s mysterious comings and goings are a constant source of wonder.) – Slant

-Hermione and Ron are having feelings they don't know how to deal with – TheMovieChicks.com

-there seems to be a certain something brewing between Ron and Hermione that's still so far under the surface even they aren't even aware of it yet. – Mixed Reviews

-Hermione is less talk and more action, including small physical indications of an attraction to Ron. Ron, in turn, lets his annoyance with his female friend slowly turn into appreciation. – Reeling Reviews

-Subtle matters of the heart involving Hermione (Emma Watson) and Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint). – Palo Alto Weekly

-Deep sexual undertones also exist, and they go beyond Ron & Hermione brushing hands. There's a clear envy in Harry present, as he feels left behind by his friends' clear (if not yet admitted) feelings for one another -- look only to the moment after Buckbeak's execution. Hermione throws her arms around Ron's neck in tears, and Harry puts his arms around her soon after, trying desperately to remain as integral a part of the triangle as his first year at Hogwarts. - ECinemaCenter.com

-Ron, the third member of the Hogwarts trio, is more obvious in his feelings for Hermione. - Dallas Morning News

...and that's all for now, unless i can find more.

Miss C

"Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them." - Boston Herald
Old 06-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, thanks for the quotes! They are all wonderful. Well, except the one about Harry's envy, that's bullsh*it. I thought the whole scene (yeah, even Hermione hugging Ron) is a great trio friendship moment.

Oh, and I need book 6 soon! To hell with the movies, I want the book! Any new fics, anyone? Simon?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hood
Wow, thanks for the quotes! They are all wonderful. Well, except the one about Harry's envy, that's bullsh*it. I thought the whole scene (yeah, even Hermione hugging Ron) is a great trio friendship moment.

Oh, and I need book 6 soon! To hell with the movies, I want the book! Any new fics, anyone? Simon?
Glad you liked the quotes. The one w/ Harry is kinda out there, but it kinda got me thinking that Harry is feeling detached from the rest of the group. He sees that Ron and Hermione have feelings for one another and he feels kinda out of the group that was created....this is more apparent in OOTP but I guess that reviewer was smart to notice something like that cause that can also be foreshadowing books 6 & 7. And plus I just liked that it mentioned Ron&Hermione, Harry, envy....hehe.

Miss C

"Clearly, adolescence has changed Harry Potter and Hogwarts. In one scene, Ron and Hermione touch hands accidentally and react as if an electric current has crackled between them." - Boston Herald
Old 06-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm still not convinced. But that is probably so because I don't think that moment was very romantic at all, they were just watching Buckbeak being slain.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

WOW Miss C that was fantastic! Thank you!

Yeah the trio hug was great. I didn't get an envy thing from it either. They were all in grief over buckbeak and they're very close. And I agree I don't think Harry is aware of the mutual attraction btw them yet until GOF, but even then I don't think he's jealous of them.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok, so we posted the same thing at the same time. Niiice.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

OMG thanks for all those quotes.
Everyone is seeing the light.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hood

Those quotes are great.

Hood, have you tried the fics I recommended earlier?
Zapp: Come back when it's a catastrophe.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

London Premiere

Old 06-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Squishy
Thanks for all the quotes. BTW, didn't Ron say that line, not Hermione?

And about the awkward hug...is that where it would've gone? Because thinking back to that scene, I don't think it would've really fitted. Maybe it's a good thing they cut it out...as long as they put it on the DVD.
Shut up. *fixes it now*

Yeah that's where the Hug would have been. I'm glad they cut it because Alfonso's right - there wasn't enough of the fight in the movie for it to make sense. We also know it was there because Hagrid forces them to hug, and that's not cool at all.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

COS London Premiere clip

http://schattenfell.com/downloads/ha...elmitfans.mpeg

THANKS HP MNS Group:
http://groups.msn.com/HARRYPOTTTERda...fe/videos.msnw
Old 06-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

I have found this article from killer movies site:

http://www.killermovies.com/h/harryp...cles/4064.html

Emma Watson Reveals 'Harry Potter 3' Cut Scenes

[Wed June 02, 2004 07:15PM]

Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in Harry Potter 3, says she's impressed with director Alfonso Cuarón and screenwriter Steven Kloves adaptation of J.K. Rowling's book. "I think that they did a really good job on this one," Watson told Sci-Fi Wire. "A lot was cut, but they did a great job of making sure that everything that was put in the film was really relevant to the plot."

"One of the things that I think is really great about the film is that it's really fluid and fast-moving," she added. "They did a really good job of getting everything that was important in there."

She also revealed some of the scenes that were cut from the movie. "There were a couple of fights with Ron [Rupert Grint] that were cut." Watson also said that a scene in which Hermione and Ron hug was also cut. "There was an awkward hug with Ron, but it did get cut," she said. The reason? "Well, just on the exterior, I think," she said. "Hermione and Ron spend the whole film arguing with each other. Ron is convinced that Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, has eaten his rat, [Scabbers]. But I think that's a bit of a cover-up, really, because they have a bit of a soft spot for each other. It's a classic love-hate relationship. You always tease the ones you like." 'Harry Potter 3' opens June 4th.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the infor and for the pics.

All of Emma's interviews seemed recycled
Old 06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

This thread moves too fast for me.

Thanks for all the awesome movie and review quotes. Oh, and the pics.

-Grint is quite funny as Ron, who appears to be developing a mega-crush on Hermione almost against his will. –Critic Doctor

I love this one. That's how I always feel when I'm reading the books. I don't think Ron is really aware he's developing feelings for Hermione, and I'm not sure he wouldn't really choose to if he could. But, since they are clearly meant to be, he has no control over the situation.

I also cannot wait for the DVD and, more importantly, the 6th book!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazySmurf1
This thread moves too fast for me.

Thanks for all the awesome movie and review quotes. Oh, and the pics.

I love this one. That's how I always feel when I'm reading the books. I don't think Ron is really aware he's developing feelings for Hermione, and I'm not sure he wouldn't really choose to if he could. But, since they are clearly meant to be, he has no control over the situation.

I also cannot wait for the DVD and, more importantly, the 6th book!
Yep he doesn't realize it yet and like JKR said: typical boy.
But I do think Hermione knows, and Harry the fan girl knows too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top