Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I spent almost half my day yesterday watching Alan Rickman interviews. I love how well spoken he is. And he's a thinker. He thinks alot when answering questions. And as much as would like to see him talk more about Harry Potter and Snape, I find it so extremely endearing that he doesn't want to talk much about it because he doesn't want to ruin the fun for kids who have just started reading the books or started watching the movies. I think that's so sweet
Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Watched The Search for John Gissing this morning and absolutely loved him in it!! Can he ever do anything wrong?

And sanna_o75, it won't let me watch your video Do you have a link to it or something?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww, I think it's blocked in your country then. It says it's blocked in certian countries. I hate when that happens

"It's delicious... And so good for you"

Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

I haven't seen The Search for John Gissing yet. But I definitely will!

Love him!
EDMUND & FLORENCE (THE BOOKSHOP)

Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, such a funny movie. He acts like a big kid in it

I rewatched Truly Madly Deeply earlier tonight and I had forgotten how good and beautiful and sad that movie is. I had to screencap it

Nina: I love you.
Jamie: I love you.
Nina: I really love you.
Jamie: I really, truly love you.
Nina: I really, truly, madly love you.
Jamie: I really, truly, madly, deeply love you.
Nina: I really, truly, madly, deeply, passionately love you.
Jamie: I really, truly, madly, deeply, passionately, remarkably love you.
Nina: I really, truly, madly, deeply, passionately, remarkably, umm… deliciously love you.
Jamie: I really, truly, madly, passionately, remarkably, deliciously… juicily love you.
Nina: Deeply! Deeply! You passed on deeply, which was your word, which means you couldn’t have meant it! So you’re a fraud, that’s it!
[Jaime playfully pushes Nina away, then pulls her back towards him]
Nina: You’re probably a figment of my imagination…
Juicily?
[Both laugh and make faces]

Nina: Tell me about the first night we spent together.
Jamie: Why? Seriously? You want me to?
Nina: [nods] What did we do?
Jamie: We talked.
Nina: What else?
Jamie: Well, talking was the major component. You played that piano. Then I played, then we both played… something…duet… something…can’t remember. And then you danced for about three hours, until I fell asleep. But you were fantastic. And then we had some corn flakes. And when we kissed, which was about 11 o’clock the following morning, we were trembling so much we couldn’t take off our clothes.

Jamie: “How’s your Spanish?”
Nina: “What?”
Jamie: “There’s a poem I wanted you to translate. I read it, there’s a bit I wanted to tell you, that I wanted you to hear.”
Nina:“OK…”
Jamie: “Um…” [Spanish]
Nina: “Forgive me.”
Jamie: [Spanish]
Nina: “I know this poem. “If you are not living…”
Nina: “If you, beloved, my love, if you have died…”
Nina: “All the leaves will fall in my breast…”
Nina: “It will rain on my soul all night, all day…”
Nina: “My feet will want to march to where you are sleeping…” “You accent is terrible”
Nina: “My feet will want to march to where you are sleeping, but I shall go on living”

Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Moderator Manager

OMG those caps are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanna_o75 (View Post)
I spent almost half my day yesterday watching Alan Rickman interviews. I love how well spoken he is. And he's a thinker. He thinks alot when answering questions. And as much as would like to see him talk more about Harry Potter and Snape, I find it so extremely endearing that he doesn't want to talk much about it because he doesn't want to ruin the fun for kids who have just started reading the books or started watching the movies. I think that's so sweet
Alan didn't really give anything away throughout his whole promotion of HP. The media has been asking him questions about Snape and he's just mum about it, even during DH2 promotions. I know he hasn't read the book but man if he read it, he's spot-on with his character.

Happy Holidays!!!

dw | kh
Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought he has said that he read the books as they came out?? I saw an interview when he said that. That interview was from a few years ago, though, so maybe he haven't read the last book, but I swear I heard him say he had read most of them

He didn't have to anyway, since Rowling told him something no one knew when they started the first book I'm pretty sure she told him that Snape loves Lily and he played Snape after that fact
Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Moderator Manager

He hasn't read all the books, I'm not sure of the books he has read.

I think Alan had concerns about playing a villain and so JKR told him super secret stuff about Snape and so he signed on. Also in the Collector's Edition of SS, Chris Columbus had to really convince Alan to play Snape but eventually he said yes.

Happy Holidays!!!

dw | kh
Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is from the last interview he did

Quote:
As the series went on did you have any idea how Snape would develop as a character?

Alan Rickman: I was in the same situation as everybody else, I’d read the books as they came out, I’d think “alright, ok, this is what happens now.” But you always knew there was going to be an agenda, it was a question of what that agenda was going to turn out to be, that meant it’s somebody who’s very concentrated. You know that he lives a solitary kind of existence, your not quite sure of what the details of that are. He doesn’t have much of a social life, and he’s only got one set of clothes clearly (laughs), which last quite well through the series.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Interesting. I've always wondered about Snape's childhood. Aside from Lily, I don't think he had other friends. Getting picked on in Hogwarts didn't help him emotionally so he was really on his own world. Was it always his ambition to teach? I'll post the article I read about him not reading all the books tomorrow. It's a bit tough posting on FF using an iPad right now.

Happy Holidays!!!

dw | kh
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Actually, I believe in the chapter where Harry goes through Snape's memories, Lily says that Snape started hanging around with people that would be more likely to be death eaters or they supported Voldemort or something like that because I'm sure Voldemort and his death eaters were still well known even if the First Wizarding War hadn't begun yet.

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
Old 07-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hot DAMN!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh my god!

What movie is that? I want to watch it! Now!!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rasputin. Watching it right now, actually

Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Love that movie! There's a hot scene with him in "A Really Big Adventure" - the love scene . My favorite love scene with him is in Snowcake. Alex/Maggie . Then for the yummy factor I watch him as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensibility - especially the scene when he carries Marianne in from the rain, her personal knight in shining armor!

Love At First Sight - Colonel Brandon first sees Marianne Dashwood
EDMUND & FLORENCE (THE BOOKSHOP)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 07-27-2011 at 07:25 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top