Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2017, 02:25 PM
  #106
The Empress Strikes Back

 
Maiden of Might's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 20,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Miros, I haven't seen that movie. How was it?
Hm depends. You see I’m a huge fan of the whole 1970’s NYC new wave/ punk scene, so that’s why I watched the film in the first place. I loved how much the movie focused on the beginnings of the CBGB's days which included music artists, such as The Talking Heads, Patti Smith, Television, The Ramones, Blondie, Lou Reed, etc. However, if you are not a fan of that type of music, the whole thing might come off a bit on the B-movie side, maybe.
Now if you want to catch a glimpse of Rupert Grint’s bare bottom, then you might want to give this movie a whirl.
__________________
🎄Miros🎄
May the Force be with you.
Maiden of Might is offline  
Old 07-11-2017, 09:29 PM
  #107
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 332,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Vivere (View Post)
Hm depends. You see I’m a huge fan of the whole 1970’s NYC new wave/ punk scene, so that’s why I watched the film in the first place. I loved how much the movie focused on the beginnings of the CBGB's days which included music artists, such as The Talking Heads, Patti Smith, Television, The Ramones, Blondie, Lou Reed, etc. However, if you are not a fan of that type of music, the whole thing might come off a bit on the B-movie side, maybe.
Now if you want to catch a glimpse of Rupert Grint’s bare bottom, then you might want to give this movie a whirl.
I like that time as well, especially cause I like British new wave/punk bands back in the days. I think I'll give this a go plus both Alan & Rupert are in it too so...
__________________
L i N d $ @ y is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 10:41 AM
  #108
The Empress Strikes Back

 
Maiden of Might's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 20,753
^ They were both great in these roles. Rupert Grint cracked me up in this film. Hope you enjoy it.
__________________
🎄Miros🎄
May the Force be with you.
Maiden of Might is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 10:21 PM
  #109
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 332,860
Did they have a lot of scenes together?
__________________
L i N d $ @ y is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 05:10 AM
  #110
Fan Forum Hero

 
baileycat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 80,478
__________________
Harry: "I'm lucky to have you, aren't I?" Ginny: "Extremely." ~ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
icon art by lulu
baileycat is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 09:27 PM
  #111
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 332,860

“What have you done this time, Mr. Snape? This is the third time I’m escorting you to the hospital wing this week!” (x)
__________________
L i N d $ @ y is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 03:57 PM
  #112
Moderator Support Team

 
fly me to the moon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 274,094
Was he nosebleed in that art?
__________________
if you're lost, you can look -- and you will find me
time after time
if you fall i will catch you -- i'll be waiting
time after time


Steph/credit: Si_Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:13 PM
  #113
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 332,860
It looks like it and he's hurt. Somebody (or maybe a group Marauders) bullied him probably. Poor Snape.
__________________
L i N d $ @ y is offline  
Old 07-16-2017, 12:56 PM
  #114
Moderator Support Team

 
fly me to the moon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 274,094
I feel bad for him being bully by others bec he's different..
__________________
if you're lost, you can look -- and you will find me
time after time
if you fall i will catch you -- i'll be waiting
time after time


Steph/credit: Si_Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline  
Old 07-16-2017, 10:01 PM
  #115
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 332,860
That's the thing. I'm glad Jo wrote about this because just because someone is different doesn't earn other people the right to bully them. Granted, Snape didn't really do anything about it either but that was also his personality. He keeps a lot of things to himself.
__________________
L i N d $ @ y is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:59 AM
  #116
The Empress Strikes Back

 
Maiden of Might's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 20,753
Awesome artwork!


Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Did they have a lot of scenes together?
Rupert Grint’s character is in a band that Alan Rickman’s character manages, so they have a fair share of scenes together. Gotta warn you RG’s character is pretty dim-witted and gross in this one. Oh and there’s an itty bitty scene of Alan Rickman singing.

Here’s the trailer:
__________________
🎄Miros🎄
May the Force be with you.
Maiden of Might is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM
  #117
Moderator Support Team

 
fly me to the moon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 274,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That's the thing. I'm glad Jo wrote about this because just because someone is different doesn't earn other people the right to bully them. Granted, Snape didn't really do anything about it either but that was also his personality. He keeps a lot of things to himself.
Yeah, I agree..
__________________
if you're lost, you can look -- and you will find me
time after time
if you fall i will catch you -- i'll be waiting
time after time


Steph/credit: Si_Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 11:21 PM
  #118
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 332,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Vivere (View Post)
Rupert Grint’s character is in a band that Alan Rickman’s character manages, so they have a fair share of scenes together. Gotta warn you RG’s character is pretty dim-witted and gross in this one. Oh and there’s an itty bitty scene of Alan Rickman singing.

Here’s the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMdPTzb6PmU
Thanks for this! I'll try to find a copy to watch.
__________________
L i N d $ @ y is offline  
Old 07-19-2017, 12:45 PM
  #119
The Empress Strikes Back

 
Maiden of Might's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 20,753
We viewed it through Netflix in the U.S.

Hope you enjoy it.
__________________
🎄Miros🎄
May the Force be with you.
Maiden of Might is offline  
Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 PM
  #120
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 332,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Vivere (View Post)
We viewed it through Netflix in the U.S.
We don't have the movie on our local Netflix.
__________________
L i N d $ @ y is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.