Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you! I have problems with the movies, don't like the casting much and don't like the script sometimes. But I will watch DH because hey, more Marauders era is never dull

And I would buy a book in a second if it would be about their era

I've been shipping these two since like the first book. They just intrugued me. Alas there aren't nearly enough fics about them.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

No problem, Tara.

And me too Selin. Their story was so interesting, I was reading the books and thinking "I want to know more about Harry's parents".

You don't like the casting for the Marauders, or for all the characters in general? I don't like the actors they choosed to play James and Lily, because no offense but.. They are old. James and Lily died with 21 years, and the actors look like 40. Meh, it's a big pet peeve for me. And also not a fan of the casting for the Snape's worst memory scene, in the OoTP movie.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Some casting really doesn't fit, some are excellent.

The actor that plays James is around 50 by now. There are so many people going WHAT THEY WERE 21?! after reading DH because of the movies

SWM was epic fail too. I don't think they're too careful with the casting of the older era since they don't think anyone cares. Or it's just plain bad decision making.

I wonder if Lily in DH will actually have green eyes or blue like Dan

There's something so charming about them And I love thinking about how Marauders + Lily hanged out, had drinking games or got bored together in Lily and James' place
Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never had a problem with the casting per say because if they had been able to get older I think they would have looked like that, but because we know they were in their early twenties the casting wasn't good.

Yeah, I will always want to know more about them and the Marauders (except the rat. ).
Old 11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Aww I love this thread title!

I actually don't mind that the adult James and Lily, of the movies, clearly aren't 21. Even though it's not true to the book, it does give them a more mature look.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtime (View Post)
Some casting really doesn't fit, some are excellent.

The actor that plays James is around 50 by now. There are so many people going WHAT THEY WERE 21?! after reading DH because of the movies

SWM was epic fail too. I don't think they're too careful with the casting of the older era since they don't think anyone cares. Or it's just plain bad decision making.

I wonder if Lily in DH will actually have green eyes or blue like Dan

There's something so charming about them And I love thinking about how Marauders + Lily hanged out, had drinking games or got bored together in Lily and James' place
I think all the cast BUT the Marauders (plus Lily) are great. We are really lucky, huh? Or maybe I'm just picky, lol.

There wasn't many J/L on the DH movies. I guess we need to wait for Part II. I want to see the Resurrection Stone scene so bad.

And I agree! I love thinking how everything happened as well. I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading fics of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Yeah, I will always want to know more about them and the Marauders (except the rat. ).
LOL nobody ever cares much about the rat, right? I used to hate him after PoA, because of what he did to James, Lily and Sirius. But now he's just irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing star (View Post)
Aww I love this thread title!

I actually don't mind that the adult James and Lily, of the movies, clearly aren't 21. Even though it's not true to the book, it does give them a more mature look.
I'm glad you like it.

I think I'm just too used to reading the fics (where they are young), and seeing them old on the movies is really confusing.

Speaking of fics, I've been reading a new one. It's called Before The Fawn, sooo good.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
lmao this.They looked in their late 30's

Icon
Old 11-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Really late 30.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattt (View Post)
Speaking of fics, I've been reading a new one. It's called Before The Fawn, sooo good.
Thanks for recommending this fic. I love it! ♥ I'm just about to start on Chapter 10 and I've been enjoying it so far. It's really good.

Vote Bonnie Wright || Harry ღ Ginny || icon: enchantingicons
Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the fic recommendation. I'll definitely check it out. I love reading fics about them. And I totally agree, if there was a book about thier era I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. I've always been interested in finding more out about them and thier history.
Icon: Unknown
Old 12-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

I just want to see what they were like in Hogwarts... without it being from Snape's POV... and how they came to fall in love.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Yay Fic! Gonna give it a try.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

No problem on the fic.

I'm on chapter 23, and it's so good. They finally got together.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I just want Maurader era fic. Like quality lj fic. I can't read fic on fanfiction.net anymore (even though my stories go up there ) Also like old stuff I can't read. For some reason all the fic I read has to have the SL element and JL winning in the end

Anybody have any? I'm desperate. I just need some good maurader fic. I mean I prefer JL but it doesn't have to be that.

Don't wait for too long

♥ [ Dan & Blair l Princess & Pauper l tumblr] ♥
Old 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

^ The Life and Times is REALLY good, and has everything you asked for. Except that it's on Fanfiction.net.