Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Quidditch

|The Basics|
Quidditch is a Harry Potter trivia game that is “easy enough to understand even if it’s not easy to play.” There are two beaters who can each ask two questions (only four questions per team may be posted at a time), three chasers who answer questions, one keeper who can ask and answer questions when teammates are absent, and one seeker whose job it is to find the golden snitch. The snitch is posted exactly 24 hours after the game begins and can be on any number of boards (list will be posted during the game) Like actual Quidditch, the game doesn’t end until the golden snitch is caught which is worth 150 points, and each question answered correctly wins 10 points. Use of your books are not only acceptable, but encouraged. May the games begin!

|The Rules|
|Snitch Rules and General Overview|
The position of seeker is perhaps the hardest position to play and takes the most dedication. The snitch will be posted 24 hours after the game has started. At this time the category(ies) it will be in will be posted along with who the snitch placer will be (usually a mod, mod manager, or tech support mod). The snitch can be posted on the first page of any board in the specified category on any page of any thread. For example, it can be placed on the first page of the Sophia Bush board on the twelfth page of the Brooke Davis thread. Or the first page of the Dawson's Creek board on the fifth page of the Joey/Pacey Thread, but the snitch will never be placed in a thread soley for the purpose of pictures (ex: Sophiapics). Anyway, once 48 hours has passed since the game began, team mates will be able to help you and the list will be shortened. Once 3 days has passed the list will shorten again, and this will go on until someone finds the snitch or until there are only two boards left. It is very time consuming, but can also be very fun racing against the other person/people to find it.
NOTE:This does not mean that the snitch will be placed in a post made by a snitch placer. It will be edited into a random post made by any member of fanforum
[The Snitch]

|Regular Game Rules|
Up to four questions per team are allowed in play at one time
All answers should be followed by (Book Pg#), though it is not required for now. If too many disputes arise, then it may become required.
Books are law. Questions based soley on the movies or answered soley on the movies may be wrong.
Typos or other misprints are to be disreguarded. If the answer is Charlie Weasley and the book misprinted Charpie Waslib, Charlie will get you the points.
Only one question per team member may be asked from the mini books per game (example the Quidditch book, etc)
Disputes about correctness of an answer should be taken to the Madam Hooch of the game
(to be updated as needed, because I have a bad memory and can't think of anything else)

|Mini Game Rules|
Six questions per team can be posted at a time
All players can ask and answer questions
All rules from the Regular Game apply except the first one.
(to be updated as needed)

|Example Q & A|

When is Harry’s birthday?

July 31 (SS 138)

|The Teams|
(if there are enough people interested we can divide into four teams)

(New game, new teams. Claim your position!)
|Gryffinpuff|
K: SweetP
B:
C:
S: ImmortallyUsed
(reserve(s): )

|Slytherclaw|
K:
B:
C:
S:
(reserve(s): )

|The Banners|
Gryffinpuff: beater, chaser, keeper, seeker
Slytheclaw: beater, chaser, keeper, seeker

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy

Last edited by SweetP; 06-23-2006 at 08:24 PM
SweetP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Absolute Fan

i will be the seeker
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

I'll be the gryffinpuff keeper!
Old 05-31-2006, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

I'd like to be the Slytherclaw Keeper then.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Yeah! You guys rock!! I'll add all of you. Quidditch was SOO much fun back in the day and I don't expect it to be any less so this time around Hopefully we get some more interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86amanda86
I'll be the gryffinpuff keeper!
Sorry Amanda, I'm taking the role as gryffinpuff keeper. Would you like to play either a beater or a chaser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Benji's Trucka Hat**
i will be the seeker
Sure. Which team would you like to play for? Just so you know the amount of dedication the role of seeker takes (though it is fun) I would like to give you fair warning. The snitch can be posted on the first page of any board (on the list) on any page of any thread. For example, it can be placed on the first page of the Sophia Bush board on the twelfth page of the Brooke Davis thread. Or the first page of the Dawson's Creek board on the fifth page of the Joey/Pacey Thread. In the old days it could be placed on any board, but as FF has significantly expanded, I think I will limit it to certain sections like Female Celebrity Boards Only (may have to be voted on later). Anyway, once 48 hours has passed since the game began, team mates will be able to help you and the list will be shortened. Once 3 days has passed the list will shorten again, etc. It is very time consuming, but can also be very fun racing against the other person/people to find it

When we get started (which hopefully will be soon) I will ask the mods if one (or both) would like to play the role of Madam Hooch, in other words, an impartial bystander who will have the final decision to the correctness of the answer and what not. Though if anyone wishes not to play and wants to fulfill this role, by all means PM me.

Mandy

Last edited by SweetP; 05-31-2006 at 01:03 AM
Old 05-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm, okay I'll be a chaser instead then, on the G side.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Any more takers out there?

Mandy
Old 05-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure more people will come, just give it some time.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Mmm, I'll be a beater on the Gryffindor side!
Old 05-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

fixed your thread title for you.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'll be a Slytherclaw Chaser.

Kiss_Me_Kate323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat
fixed your thread title for you.
Thanks lol. I feel really dumb now haha...don't know what I was thinking...maybe the fact that I just can't spell lol.

Added all of you guys. Thanks for joining

Mandy

Last edited by SweetP; 06-01-2006 at 02:42 AM
Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Can u please put me on a team i dont care what as long as its a gryffin team
~*Silly*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Silly*~
Can u please put me on a team i dont care what as long as its a gryffin team
Sure. I would rather you pick, but I'll place you in whatever position doesn't get filled on the Gryffinpuff side. If you decide before then, just post what you would like.

Mandy
Old 06-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Passionate Fan

I guess i'll be a beater since there can be 2
~*Silly*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top