Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2020, 09:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
- Then both including Neville in the room w/ Lupin after Harry wake up from fainting to see if he's okay and Ginny was there, but scare.. I would like to see Neville and Ginny in that part unlike the movie did.. Sigh..
Yup! I would've loved it if they included Ginny & Neville as well.

Quote:
- in the book, Dumbledore was fine w/ Dementors as guards Hogwarts, but in the movie, they didn't show it.. So Dumbledore announced at the feast about Dementors guarding the school.. So, they didn't show that in the movie.. I think?
Yeah they didn't show Dumbledore announcing about the Dementors. They just showed the Dementors already outside Hogwarts

Quote:
- Also, Dumbledore announced that Hagrid would taking Care of Magical Creatures to teaching since other professional retired, so he was the one who sent the Monster Book to Harry.. So why we didn't see this part about him become teacher in the movie, not much later to surprise them?
From the movie I vaguely recall Harry saying that Dumbledore appointed Hagrid as professor of Care of Magical Creatures so they cut out the entire part to save on movie time.

Quote:
- During Hagrid's teaching, in the book, there was more than just one Hippogriffs unlike the movie that he only brought one.. And Harry volunteer to go to Buckbeak unlike the movie that nobody didn't volunteer instead they back away that Harry was the one who look like he wanted to.. And everyone try one after Harry did.. I would like to see this part in the movie, but it seems that they went for dramatic one..
I kind of like the movie version more because it was funny. The reason why there's only one Hipporgriff is again, budget reasons, I think.

Quote:
- No Dementor in Lupin's class since Lupin didn't let him to try the Boggart unlike in the movie.. Also, Lupin's fear of crystal balls which I wonder why bec of him being werewolf??
He's not scared of crystal balls, he's scared of the moon. Because when he confronts a Boggart, it transforms into a moon.

Quote:
- Harry had the tea w/ Lupin while everyone else leaving to Hogsmeade and Harry asked Lupin why he didn't let Harry to try to fight w/ Boggart, Lupin didn't let Harry bec Harry's fear of Voldemort, so he didn't want to have Voldemort in the classroom..
Yeah it's risky and Harry's scar would hurt when that happens.

Quote:
- It seems that Snape knew that Lupin is werewolf bec he brought the entire cauldron that of potion that he made for Lupin when Lupin asked him for..
Yes in the book it was obvious but in the movie it doesn't seem like he knew or he was trying to hide it because the students shouldn't know about Remus being a werewolf. Remember that part in class and why Snape insisted that they learn about werewolves? It's because of Remus.

Quote:
- Fat lady didn't tell Dumbledore that it was Sirius Black, it was Peeves the Poltergeist who told him that..
Peeves wasn't in the movie so they made the Fat Lady be the one to tell Dumbeldore about Sirius.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-17-2020, 06:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

No, I mean, in the book, he was fear of crystal balls, it was said that in the book.. I know that he was afraid of moons, but I wonder why they switch it up??

And that's right when Snape want them to study on werewolf which it show that he want them to get the hint on Lupin..

Everything made sense even tho I hate how they switch around.. Can they stop do that??

Continued to my notes on the book:

- Cedric Diggory mentioned in this book when the girls talked about him and Woods mentioned him when it comes to the games..

- Dumbledore was angry at Dementors for going to the grounds (as you just mentioned that) bec they supposed to be guarding the school..

- Twing gave Harry a map as early Chirstmas gift then went to Hogsmendae.. (So that mean, this is second trip).

- All three of them went to the Shrieking Shack to drink (in the movie, he went by himself to spy on the professionals), all three of them heard the whole conversation about Black.

- If the professors knew about Black when they were in secret or whatever that called (it blank my mind) then why they believe that he actually murdered them? Including Dumbledore? Or they just acting??

- Hargid had went to Azkaban in 3rd years..

- Also, Hargid showed the letter about to kill Buckbead (not the movie version when three of them found out on the same day).

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-17-2020, 08:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Did he say he's scared of crystal balls in the book?

They showed Dumbledore angry in the movie with the Dementors as well.

Weren't the trio under the invisibility cloak when they overheard the professors talking about Sirius in the movie as well? Or am I confusing it with another moment in the book?

Dumbledore of course knew (and probably some other professors but I guess not all). Sirius is technically a prisoner of Azkaban that escaped so the Dementors will look for him. If they tell the students that Sirius is harmless, they wouldn't believe him because newspapers are saying he's bad and that he escaped Azkaban (which is true). It's hard to make the others (who don't know Sirius at all) understand or believe that he is harmless.

Ah yes, thanks for this reminder about Hagrid. He was sent to Azkaban when the chamber of secrets was re-opened. I think that entire part was cut off in the movie. It was assumed that he opened it.

Old 08-18-2020, 07:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah..

I can't even remember that part when he get angry w/ them..

You was confusing it w/ another moment in the book.. That part happen much later..

Ahh, that made sense..

No wonder why they cut it off, but I would like to see that one too..

I have few notes on this book since I was tired last night..

- Ron and Harry went to see the house as long Harry used the invisibily cloak until Cabbey/ Gogyle and Malfoy started to bother Ron then Harry started to threw the snowball at him, but Hermione wasn't there bec both guys was upset w/ her unlike they were showing in the movie..

- Snape got the map and went to the office, but Ron went to tell both Ron and Lupin that he gave the map to Harry from the store that he "brought"..

- Hermione been helping Hagrid the case on Buckbeak and they lost even though both were upset..

- Did we saw the Quidditch final in the movie?? Well, they won the cup!

is that what you want?

Old 08-18-2020, 08:47 PM
Moderator Manager

I"ll try to find a clip if it's online (of Dumbledore angry at the Dementors).

Ah but it's still from this book (the part where they were under the invisibility cloak)?

Can you refresh my memory as to why both Harry & Ron were upset by Hermione during this part?

I think the only Quidditch we got in the movie was this:

Old 08-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

That's fine w/ me..

I haven't get to that point yet, but I'm sure that was the one..

Bec of stupid cat who "kill" Ron's rat.. So I guess that they just pre-puberty drama then GoF..

Ahh, thanks for that video..

is that what you want?

Old 08-19-2020, 08:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Ah that part. I remember now. Thanks. Crookshanks & Scabbers I think were like another representation of Ron & Hermione's relationship.

As for that clip, I can't remember if in the book that entire scene happened so let me know if it did.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yup, that's why they was mad at each other.. I was like for that?? But again, I don't blame them bec that was their pets..

It was very different in the book...

is that what you want?

Old 08-20-2020, 09:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah cats & rats won't get along.

But there was a Quidditch match just that the movie version was changed to show that Sirius was "dangerous"?

Old 08-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yup, that's right..

Yeah, that's why they change it to make it look like it was dangerous.. Plus it was the trick that Sylerthin students who pretend to be Demontor that got him "passed out"

is that what you want?

Old 08-21-2020, 08:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Refresh my memory but what trick was this by the Slytherin students?

Old 08-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

They wore the black clove to cover to make it look like they are Dementors at the game..

is that what you want?

Old 08-22-2020, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

I've forgotten about that. The Syltherin students did that? And this was during the Gryffindor match? The one shown in the movie where it was raining or is this another Quidditch match?

Old 08-23-2020, 04:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, they did that and it was happened during Gryffindor vs Ravenclaws.. It look like they change the version in the movie.. Sigh..

is that what you want?

Old 08-23-2020, 08:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh thanks! So Harry never saw that animagi vision of Sirius in the sky? And he never got into an accident because of that?

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top