Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Moderator Manager

That's a good coincidence. I haven't re-watched CoS for the longest time.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:04 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Apparently the Houses for North American wizarding school Ilvermorny were leaked through Pottermore's JavaScript page coding, and can be read below.

It seems that there will eventually be some kind of Sorting page or quiz to see what school House students and even Harry Potter fans belong into, judging by the coding. Here's what it says.

"ilvermorny-sorting":{storyTitle:"Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"

storyUri:"https://www.pottermore.com/collection-episodic/ilvermorny-school-of-witchcraft-and-wizardry"

quizTitle:"The Ilvermorny Sorting Ceremony"

quizIntroText: "Where do you belong? Horned Serpent, Wampus, Thunderbird or Pukwudgie..."}}}

It can be assumed what a Horned Serpent looks like, or even what it represents (sounds suspiciously like Slytherin) and even the Thunderbird. The Wampus and Pukwudgie may be lesser known, but here are some descriptions of them:

• The Wampus cat is a creature in American folklore, variously described as some kind of fearsome variation of a cougar.

• A Pukwudgie is a 2-or-3-foot-tall troll-like being from the Wampanoag folklore. Pukwudgies' features resemble those of a human, but with enlarged noses, fingers and ears. Their skin is described as being a smooth grey, and at times has been known to glow.

It's unknown which American wizards and witches from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them were Sorted into what Houses, and that includes characters like Tina and Queenie Goldstein (played by Katherine Waterston and Alison Sudol respectively), Percival Graves (Colin Farrell) and President Seraphina Picquery (Carmen Ejogo).

Undoubtedly as the URL/link for this quiz does exist, at some point probably toward the opening of the first Fantastic Beasts movie it will go live so fans can take the test. Thanks to Ian for sending the email tip over earlier today.

Do of course note that while the Houses are listed on the coding page, it does not mean that Pottermore's official team or J.K. Rowling have confirmed them, yet, so for now they can be regarded as strongly-backed rumors.
North American wizarding school Ilvermorny's 4 Sorting Houses reportedly revealed - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 05-16-2016, 10:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
award-winning studio minalima opens the doors of 26 greek street, soho, london to showcase their fifteen years of creative collaboration in graphic design. The house boasts four floors of distinctive designs on display, from their work on the harry potter film series to their illustrated collective nouns, and with a spectacle of visual surprises along the way.

Since finishing on the harry potter films and founding their design studio in 2009, miraphora mina and eduardo lima (minalima) have continued their involvement in the harry potter franchise with the design of various publications (such as film wizardry from insight editions,and warner bros. Home entertainment’s harry potter wizards’ collection). They also spent two years designing the street and store graphics for the wizarding world of harry potter - diagon alley at universal orlando resort, which opened in 2014. Currently in production on the feature film fantastic beasts and where to find them, minalima’s creative alliance with the wizarding world continues to flourish.

House of minalima floors 3 & 2: The graphic art of the harry potter films
this exhibition returns to london, featuring graphic designs from warner bros. Pictures’ harry potter films by miraphora mina and eduardo lima, reproduced as limited edition art prints which will be for sale.

Visitors can immerse themselves in the visual world of harry potter, examining details of the artworks as they were originally created for the films. Authentic film props will also be on display,kindly on loan from warner bros. Studio tour london. As the designers of the marauder’s map,the daily prophet and every other graphic prop in the film series, miraphora and eduardo have an exceptional and passionate understanding of the harry potter films.

Each piece of artwork was originally designed on the film set at leavesden film studios between2001 and 2010. With the designs being an integral part of the storytelling, minalima’s attention to detail is paramount in their work. Much historical research and experimentation with techniques was employed, from finding the perfect ageing effects to scanning old typefaces and peculiar surfaces to enrich their visual reference library.

The exhibition and shop are open everyday from:
Friday 3rd june 2016 until the 4th february 2017 inclusive. Free entry.
Visit MinaLima for opening hours.
‘house of minalima’, 26 greek street, soho, london, w1d 5de

Old 05-18-2016, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-18-2016, 08:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 05-24-2016, 07:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 05-27-2016, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 05-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 05-28-2016, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Watched the video yesterday! Loved it!
Old 05-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cool Lindsay! Let's take a trip to London.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:23 AM
Moderator Manager

I would love to take a trip to London any day actually.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I´ve been to London three times and I so wanna do that tour.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, true. Trip to London is on my bucket list.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Moderator Manager

What are the best months to visit London?

I haven't been back on Pottermore since they changed the site.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Mmh I´ve visited London twice in May and once in the autumn and it was raining at least one day.
So spring, summer or the autumn are good. But it depends which season you prefer.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top