Moderator Manager

Some more pics of Katherine at SDCC:

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:17 PM
Moderator Manager

More pics at SDCC:

Quote:
Happy/Sad/Confused. With Eddie Redmayne & Katherine Waterston & Alison Sudol & Dan Fogler. #fantasticbeastsandwheretofindthem #sdcc #eddieredmayne Photo: @yopanda

Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Some more pics of Katherine from SDCC:

Old 08-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Forgot to post this new pic of Newt & Tina:

Old 08-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Lindsay!

Loved her hair at SDCC!!
Old 08-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Me too, she looks great with that haircut.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
entertainment weekly: How did fantastic beasts first come into your life?
Katherine waterston:
in the normal way that really great things show up, which is in an email. You read who’s involved and what it is, and you think, “well, that’s a nice email, but i’m not going to get this job, that’s way above my pay grade, and it’s not going to happen.” so the advantage to something like that is that you’re relaxed because you’re so convinced that there’s no way in hell they’ll choose you. Then at that audition, i thought it really couldn’t have gone worse.

why, what happened?
well, the casting director had just eaten a lot of cake, and he said, “i’m sorry, i just ate a lot of cake,” and then he had like indigestion during my audition, and he didn’t seem to be watching me. So i thought, “oh, i’m boring him.” so i was very surprised to hear that they wanted to put me through the ringer and do a test, and then that’s just a nightmare because then you’re really attached by that point and you’re fantasizing and thinking about the character and why you’re the only person who can play her because of whatever reasons you’ve dreamed up. You start wanting to play the scenes.

what excited you most about it?
it’s just such a wild thing to come into, this harry potter legacy. But it does just come down to the script, like any other job. Is this interesting? Is this surprising? Are these characters fascinating? And then greed is always an element when you read a script: Do i really love this character? There’s kind of no rhyme or reason to what is appealing to any given actor. It just is or it isn’t. It’s kind of like dating. You either connect to someone or you don’t. You can’t really say why. I just loved tina and felt a connection to her.

what’s been the most surprising thing about coming into this already established world?
it’s almost like when you’re on a football team or something. You have your fans and they believe in you, but you still have to win the game. There are people who have really high expectations for what we’re doing. I have to not think about that so that i can be free and play around every day and not feel like i have to get it right. You want to be loose. You have to figure that your character is going to have some comparisons to hermione. Are you kind of prepared for that? It’s not something i’m thinking about at all. So i guess i’m not prepared! She was amazing.

do you have a favorite beast?
i have a favorite but i feel like i kind of have to see how all the scenes play out. One of the most endearing things was watching [star eddie redmayne] interact with the beasts. It’s so beautiful to watch him. He’s worked out all these different dynamics with all the different beasts. It might be flavor of the month, but right now i have a soft spot for picket [a bowtruckle].

like eddie, you got to design your own wand too.
so amazing. Usually on films, you get used to kind of being told, “this is what you’re going to wear, this is what you’re going to hold, and remember, you’re lucky to be here, and shut up.” and this is like: “what do you think? What is tina’s wand?” and i’m like, “oh my god.” there’s this whole deal with the wands in the harry potter world that they choose you, so it was so great to be a part of that. What wand would choose tina? And there were all these different kinds, and they would tell different stories. If a really ornate wand chooses you, does that make you think you’re going to have this incredible future? Are you going to become a really important witch? Or if you have a really basic wand, is that going to make you think, “oh, i’m not going to achieve greatness?” so that was a really fun part of it. At that point, i was so far into it, it was so obvious what wand would be right for me. But i did ask for it to be heavier. It just didn’t feel powerful enough.

what made that one right?
i can’t really tell you why i chose it because then i’ll reveal what my wand looks like, and i’m not sure. And if i explain it, i’ll reveal too much about my character. I’ll tell you later?

Old 08-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, she's going to be in Alien Covenant? Nice!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Moderator Manager

I haven't seen any of the Alien movies actually.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

She's very pretty
Old 08-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
when she was first told about the role, waterston said that she didn’t think she had a chance of getting it.

You read who’s involved and what it is, and you think, ‘well, that’s a nice email, but i’m not going to get this job; that’s way above my pay grade, and it’s not going to happen.’ so the advantage to something like that is that you’re relaxed because you’re so convinced that there’s no way in hell they’ll choose you.

Unfortunately, waterston didn’t feel that the audition went well at all.

Then at that audition, i thought it really couldn’t have gone worse. […] well, the casting director had just eaten a lot of cake, and he said, ‘i’m sorry, i just ate a lot of cake,’ and then he had like indigestion during my audition, and he didn’t seem to be watching me. So i thought, ‘oh, i’m boring him.’

she must have done something right however, because, as we all know, she was cast as tina – and the rest is history!

I was very surprised to hear that they wanted to put me through the ringer and do a test, and then that’s just a nightmare because then you’re really attached by that point, and you’re fantasizing and thinking about the character and why you’re the only person who can play her because of whatever reasons you’ve dreamed up. You start wanting to play the scenes.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Leaky's "Fantastic Beasts" Set Report: Talking to Katherine Waterston - The-Leaky-Cauldron.org « The-Leaky-Cauldron.org

Old 09-24-2016, 10:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Can you talk about meeting J.K Rowling, and your first thoughts about when you first read the script? Like, what you thought of it…

WATERSTON: Well, I just met her. So, that I can answer more easily probably ’cause that’s more fresh in my mind than the first time I read the script which is now like, seven months ago. But we all just kind of stared at her and smiled (laughs) Kinda dumbfounded to be finally meeting her and then, almost as soon as we started speaking to her, she started to do kinda what I imagined she would do and was hoping she would do when we met her which is just start telling us stuff ’cause she has this encyclopedic knowledge of this world. It really exists in her mind and to such incredible detail so, I just had to fight the urge to like pull her into a corner and just hog her about Tina questions ’cause I know she probably knows like how I skinned my knee when I was five or whatever. You know what I mean? Like, she just has that kind of detailed mind. And then when I first read the script I just thought it was beautiful. It was really moving and really didn’t feel like “Number Nine”. You know it didn’t feel like this sort of tired thing. It felt really fresh and new, which was what was so appealing about it to me. And also just moving and so, you know, now we just sit around biting our nails hoping that the movie’s as good as the script. ‘Cause we started off with a good thing which is a good, good way to choose projects, you know.
Katherine Waterston on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | Collider

Old 10-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Katherine at yesterday's fan event:

And forgot to post Tina's character poster here:

Old 10-15-2016, 12:19 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
The truth will be told Miss Goldstein #FantasticBeastsLIVE #FantasticBeasts

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top