Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by baileycat

Hey Tracy, your sig is another excellent acting moment as well. The way they both are so comfortable with the dialogue and the meaning behind what they're saying is so great. I loved it when Dan (here she goes again with the Dan luv'n) looks back at her with a smile on his face as he says his lines. Gah, it's those little moments that make you feel so proud of them. You can't see them acting anymore the just are Harry and Hermione and Ron. Thank you Alfonso.
I completely agree!
Old 06-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Love's Bitch
That's not the Ron Weasley I know. In film one he's the kid who accepted Draco's invitation to duel and stepped up as Harry's second. Ron also encouraged Harry to catch the flying key. And Ron specifically insisted that he sacrifice his own chess piece so Harry could go on. He said"It's you that has to go on. Not me. Not Hermione."

I'm pretty sure Ron gets it.
Thank you for those examples...I didn't mean to say that Ron doesn't understand what's in store for Harry, there's no doubt that he's behind Harry...I was just trying to characterize Ron in POA, I didn't feel he was "cowardly", I just think Harry has taken a leap forward in his realization of his past and his foreshadowing of the future and in POA it was mostly Harry having all that angst. Hermione seemed so "tuned in" to Harry in POA, she seemed to understand and she was steadfastly by him throughout the latter half of the film...Ron seemed kind of "left out" to me. He is very important and I adore his character, I just didn't think his actions were "cowardly", I just felt like he was a little "out of the loop" in this film.
hammergal
JasperAlice
Katniss and Peeta: EPIC love
hammergal2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

i was never a fan of hp, i really didnt like the first two movies and therefore didnt give the books a chance but now that i went and saw hp3 i really really enjoyed it!! im sooo glad they changed directors, plus im soo glad harry, ron and hermione are older and act more mature not geeky like the previous movies...plu my fave character is harry because hes the hero but also evilish cause of his anger and thats sooo great!!
Old 06-24-2004, 06:31 AM
New Fan

I only saw it twice, shockingly. I saw the other two three times each in the theaters, so I kind of figured I had a nice little pattern going...I'm dying to see it again! I loved it, I thought it was even better than the first two. I think the director change was a good idea. I like Chris Columbus, but I thought he made the movies too kid-y, which didn't really show how well-written the books are. Alfonso made it more of a film than, you know, a kids' movie, you know? Although the shrunken head was just odd...and they did leave some important stuff out, like the whole MWPP issue, but still. And Gary Oldman was awesome.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hammergal2004
Thank you for those examples...I didn't mean to say that Ron doesn't understand what's in store for Harry, there's no doubt that he's behind Harry...I was just trying to characterize Ron in POA, I didn't feel he was "cowardly", I just think Harry has taken a leap forward in his realization of his past and his foreshadowing of the future and in POA it was mostly Harry having all that angst. Hermione seemed so "tuned in" to Harry in POA, she seemed to understand and she was steadfastly by him throughout the latter half of the film...Ron seemed kind of "left out" to me. He is very important and I adore his character, I just didn't think his actions were "cowardly", I just felt like he was a little "out of the loop" in this film.
hammergal
I see. Well, Hermione shines in this one whereas #2 was Ron's film. He rescued Harry from the Dursley's and he's with Harry while Hermione is petrified for half the school year (and turned into a cat). The rhythm seems to be that Rowling trades them off to give each time to shine. I speculate Cedric Diggory came forward in GOA so that neither Ron nor Hermione would have to be killed in the graveyard scene. And then they're both present in the final combat of OotP.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved POA. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD/VHS
Musicchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved POA. I like how the tone was darker than the first two, and I think this movie really was, to me, what a Harry Potter film should be like. I can't wait for the dvd to come out so I can watch it again and again.
Selina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

you know i just noticed that Cho wasnt even in the movie now that really suked
Im a Cute little #196
The Verbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

I liked the scenes,buckbeak and harry over the water..but it was very different from the book.I loved the book but i saw nearly nothing about the book at movie.just general events..
but,even i didn't like it much,i saw it for three times,and go and see it again next week!I like staring at castles;hogwarts...*sigh*
pts.of.athrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:48 AM
Supreme Fan

I went to see it again yesterday, and I paid special attention to Harry's scar because someone here said that it changes its place in some scenes. So I paid attention to that and also my friend who was with me did too, and at the end of the movie I was confused because the scar didn't change of place in any scene and I asked my friend and she said the same, so did you really see it changing? because we both didn't...

well, I loved it more this time, I could see every single detail, I didn't miss anything of any scene, that was so great

Quote:
you know i just noticed that Cho wasnt even in the movie now that really suked
of course she wasn't, she'll be in GoF, but she wasn't cast in PoA

Quote:
I liked the scenes,buckbeak and harry over the water..but it was very different from the book.I loved the book but i saw nearly nothing about the book at movie.just general events
yeah, the same happens to me
by the way, I love your sig
- Alex - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

alex,
yea do you remember it?hermione was insisting on about fred and george's drugs,and fred said"if you don't ask hermione,i don't lie"..i guess it was in 5th book,yea cuz it was about the wierd drugs..
pts.of.athrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Passionate Fan

I finally saw this movie last night and I really enjoyed it. I didn't particularly like the first 2 movies so I wasn't expecting much from this one. I have to say though, the change of director seemed to work wonders this time around. No offense to Chris Columbus fans, but I thought his HP movies had too much of a kiddie theme-park ride feel to it.

PoA felt much more mature, dark and believable...which I really appreciated. Loved the details in the set design. I thought the movie was about 20 minutes too long...but otherwise thumbs up for me.

~tSG
thescoobygang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw it twice June 4th and June 5th.

I was disappointed in the first viewing because much of the book was edited out and condensed. For instance, Harry did not find out his father was Animagus or any of the history of the Marauder's Map. Why was this excluded? Could not the biting book bits be banished instead? I feel the map and its history does more to develop Harry's character and that should not have been sacrificed. It was very sad to see some of the details go.

I saw it again the next day and was much happier with it. (It's hard to let go of a version that I've read several times.) The best thing about the movie is the time turner sequence. I am so glad that they expanded on it. And it must be mentioned that Radcliffe's acting is excellent. The scene between Harry and Mr. Weasley at the Leaky Cauldron was very well blocked. (Was that one cut?)

My favorite part in the entire film is when Harry, (under the invisibility cloak) tugs at Hermione's hair and Ron's cap. It just left me with the feeling that those three characters (and the actors) were really good friends.

I think nonfans of the books really enjoyed and appreciated the screenplay Kloves wrote. During the time turner sequence everyone shut up and watched.

I think the reaction overall will be very positive and it is a well made movie. Still, I'm nervous to see GoF. I am wondering how much they will cut.
A Prisoner of Aksarben #1
Qfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -
I went to see it again yesterday, and I paid special attention to Harry's scar because someone here said that it changes its place in some scenes. So I paid attention to that and also my friend who was with me did too, and at the end of the movie I was confused because the scar didn't change of place in any scene and I asked my friend and she said the same, so did you really see it changing? because we both didn't...

Watch the boggart scene in DADA class. When Professor Lupin excuses the class and Harry's standing there, the scar is clearly on the wrong side.
on a Miracle Drug
LadyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Have finally gotten around to seeing the movie. my thoughts:

- very different from the first 2 in so many ways, some ways better, some worse.

- i didn't appreciate richard harris enough in the first 2. this new dumbledore, doesn't have the charisma of harris, the wiseness or the hair.

- everyone seemed to have aged years since no. 2, the characters did seem much more real & relaxed, esp. with the little added scenes such as the animal thingy, & ron's spider dream.

-HARRY, he has grown so much, did such a good job.

-RON, he seemed a touch out of place because he was the same old ron while harry & hermione had changed so much.

- HERMIONE, she speaks normal in this one, rather than taking a large breath every time she spoke like in the first 2. loved her & ron's tension. they look so cute together.

- this is a bit dirty but did anyone else get a threesome vibe from when hermione hugged ron & then harry leaned in for the hug too?

- anyway, have never been a hagrid fan but he was great in this movie. the buckbeak seen was great.

- DRACO, he spent the whole movie running scared, such a wuss, he looks the most different out of all, loved when he goes, 'it's killed me', also loved when ron goes 'i think i'll have to be chopped off'

- i really liked the little extra scenes, dialogue which just are more for character than plot, it adds that reality to it.
- didn't really like the quidditch, he went too high.

- NEVILLE, he got thin didn't he.

-the music was very different too i felt, didn't get lupin turning on the weird whimsical music during boggart training.

- the werewolf was too bony & i wanted to see the stag run over the lake instead of just standing there, would of looked more impressive i thought.

- the lighting was much darker, & the film was more rushed which i think didn't help the more emotional scenes.

- harry used magic in the beginning & two secs later he's saying how he not allowed to use magic, continuity please! although, it did make an impressive beginning.

- i always wondered what parvati & pansy parkinson would look like, i'm glad they were in this film.

- no sean , very sad indeed.

- i too liked the detail on the sets, i remember looking at the walls of the divination room, they had all words on them, i wonder what they said. However, why did they change the locations of hagrid's hut & the whomping willow?

- i noticed that aswell with hermione's monster book line, it did seem a bit out of nowhere.

- i noticed they changed arithmancy to ancient runes, i guess arithmancy isn't a very magical subject.

- i think there was enough time to put a couple lines explaining the shreiking shack's origins & the maps & his patronus. i remember watching the final lupin scene, most of that dialogue was worthless, some actual exposition could have been put there.

- i liked the ending, at least he got the firebolt & it was more interesting than him just hopping on the train to go home.

- all & all it was a good film , different but not better or worse than the first two. the change was well done though, at this stage harry needed to lose that lightness which i think was needed in the first two, can't wait for dvd, i wish they's do an extended edition like as the LotR, but anyway. GOF is my fave book, it's going to be spilt into 2 movies right? it better be or they'll ruin it.

Last edited by Ambato; 06-27-2004 at 03:43 AM
Ambato is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top