Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
No it should be the same. It could be the paperstock or the font size or what have you that makes it appear bigger. There's no editing down for the kids version so don't worry. The only thing different is the cover. As it should be.
Yea probably, although I did check the font and all that - it was the same, but then I also checked to see if there where any extra pages, or anything I hadn't read before in the adult version and there wasn't so alls good.

I just got a shock; I was like theres no way there could be extra info in this!!
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe...and...he's wonderful"

Rebelious?Nah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Addicted Fan

This is totally off topic but I love your icon. Queen forever!
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Ok so i was rereading the book and had a thought. If things like time turners existed why didnt dumbledore just use one to pop in to the potters and say "hey, see this time turner around my neck? yeah well im from 24 hours in the future and your dead. so unless you want to stay that way pack your crap and get out" hell if i were Harry i would have stolen it from Hermione and done that exact thing.

or better yet go back and kill Voldemort before he created the hourcruxes? i mean i get the rules and everything but these are extenuating circumstances
Old 04-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Because it was Harry's destiny to destroy Voldemort THIS way. Otherwise fate would find a way to find another way. Sometimes you just have to let life play out as it is intended. Playing with time can do funky things. LOST will teach you that.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Total Fan

Exactly, and the story wouldn't have been as fun.
Dan wishing me Happy birthday =WIN!
MischiefManaged1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

No, not nearly as fun!

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Leo-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Bloomsbury releases a gorgeous new line of covers for the Harry Potter book series.

Happiness is sand between my toes and a sunburn on my nose.

dw | dd | kh
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:12 PM
have a little faith

Weirdly classify this as my least favorite book still enjoyed it cause we got Sirius
Old 02-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh really? This is one of my favorites because of Sirius & Remus.

dw | dd | kh
Old 08-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

i used to absolutely love it but this time around i just didnt like it as much. i think because i watched the movie too many times

but i do have a few questions? why would sirius actually attack the fat lady in the picture? that is pretty horrible to do coming from him?

also how did they think taking peter to azkaban was a good option when he could just transform into a rat and escape the way that sirius did? you would think the wizard words biggest prison, there would be other anamagi that would escape the dementors lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Regarding Sirius, I do agree that it's too horrible what he did to the Fat Lady but 12 years in Azkaban makes one crazy so I can understand. Anything to get to Peter.

As for your other question, what do you mean them taking Peter to Azkaban? Sirius is an unregistered Animagus so I don't think it showed in his record that he has that ability.

dw | dd | kh
Old 08-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

but he wasnt really crazy, i mean, he said himself that being innocent is why he didnt go mad in azkaban.

they were planning to take peter to azkaban instead of killing him. but then he turned into rat once they got outside the whomping willow.

also, why would they give hermione a time traveling thing? she's a third year student? that seems a bit strange. and wouldn't snape, as a teacher, have known she had it? or at least, knew of its existence? he was so hell bent on saying potter had something to do with sirius escaping and then even dumbledore says "how could he have been in two places at once?" it just seems like snape would have put the pieces together.

why wouldn't harry or hermione wanna use that travel even further back and change other things that have happened?
Old 08-15-2015, 11:23 PM
Moderator Manager

This is just my opinion (on the whole Sirius thing) but it's more of doing all means necessary to get to Peter.

Like Sirius, Peter is an unregistered Animagus so that wouldn't show on his records as well.

They gave Hermione the time-turner because they know what she's capable of. And yes, Snape would know it. I do think something like a time-turner is familiar to Snape. Maybe he was too worried about Sirius escaping than Hermione having the object?

As for your last question, my memory is hazy but didn't Dumbledore say that you can't use a time-turner to change past events because technically it's dangerous/unstable? As it is, time-travel is also tricky so there will always be loopholes, I think.

dw | dd | kh
Old 08-17-2015, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

but I'm saying snape would have known hermione had it.

and a time turner is such a powerful too, i doubt they would have given it to a third year.

and yes, hermione did mention that they couldnt change anything, but then the movies and even the last part of the book contradict that because harry is the one that produces the patronus. so he actually did interfere with what happened and that doesnt make sense in itself because the very first time they went through everything, harry wouldn't have been across the lake. if that makes sense. lol

like all the other stuff worked because they never interacted with their past selves (unlike in the book where the timelines interfered with each other, like when hermione threw the rock through the window) but harry doing the patronus and saving himself did interfere. harry even saw himself. lol.

i mean i know time travel is confusing but i thought that was a little odd.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes definitely but I guess since a teacher gave it to Hermione, then it's all good for Snape. And maybe he knew and Dumbledore told him since they've been conniving with all things Harry anyway. Also, I think the more people meddling with past events the more it is risky to go back so I think it's good that it was just HHr who went back.

dw | dd | kh
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top