Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

PLEASE READ: Thread lengths

As we all know, the maximum thread length is 250 posts. It always has been, and most likely will be. Here at the HP board we let you open your own threads when you've finished because if we close the threads too early you complain that you can't access the thread starters and all the formattng done in that post. So we wait until you start a new thread.

However, increasingly, I've noticed that threads are getting longer and I have to prompt you to start a new thread. Because this is happening more and more, I've decided to close a thread when it gets to 255 posts regardless of whether or not you need the opening post. When you reach 250 you should start a new thread right away. That way the old one can be closed and you can get your starter post no problems.

I think this is fair. Have a moan if it isn't.

Thanks
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Re: PLEASE READ: Thread lengths

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben

I think this is fair. Have a moan if it isn't.

Thanks
I think your system is fair, but I don't think it's fair that this rule is different on all the boards. There are others where you're not allowed to start a new thread until the old one is closed. At least there used to be. I don't real with it anymore - I just wait for someone else to start the new one.
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Ben
Obsessed Fan

We as I said, there's a reason we leave them open. It's so you can take all your opening information and formatting out of the old one easily. If people don't want that anymore than I'm more than happy to go and close them as soon as they hit 250. But I know I'll get complaints if I do. So that's why I'm trying to remind people of their need to start new threads.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Supreme Fan

I know what's happening with the Spanish thread, Ben. I saw it the other day reaching 250 and I thought about opening a new one, but since I don't post there anymore I dare not to. And yesterday I read your message telling the Spanish girls to open a new thread and they are ignoring you, which I found very bad and I thought again about opening the new thread.. and AGAIN I didn't do it, because as I said I don't post there anymore.

I hope they realize soon that they need a new thread (if they keep on posting, because it is pretty dead)
- Alex - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Absolute Fan

*has a moan* But I want my threads to be open forever and ever!
the laziest little sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top