Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Linds, galing! Talagang nagaral [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Din, I feel so dumb, but what other movies did Mike Newell direct?
"Wow. Who would've thought na ang makakapagpabago ng name ni Jan, ay si Hua Ze Lei?" - Pao
Old 03-07-2004, 02:17 AM
Moderator Manager

jan: baliw na ko eh. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] next up is finnish! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

din: and i feel the dumbest cos who's mike newell? [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

linds: you're not dumb, coz i was about to ask that question [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] hands off tom ba? hmph... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

jan: awww... that sucks! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] i hate to imagine hoe it must feel now

jam: [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

din: yeah, i'm so excited there's gonna be a GOF the movie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

av
Old 03-07-2004, 04:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Mei Zhuo:
<STRONG>linds: you're not dumb, coz i was about to ask that question [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] hands off tom ba? hmph... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] </STRONG>
di naman. i can share tom. unlike with kimi & ken. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Mike Newell? Read his filmography pero a few films? Mona Lisa Smile, Pushing Tin, Donnie Brasco, Four Weddings and a Funeral ... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Moderator Manager

okay, so anong connection nya with HP? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

He's the GoF director. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

OMB, I love Four Weddings and A Funeral...for sure GoF is gonna be in a completely different style than PoA
"Wow. Who would've thought na ang makakapagpabago ng name ni Jan, ay si Hua Ze Lei?" - Pao
Old 03-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Maybe, pero sabi ni Newell sa interview before eh susundan nya ang ginawa ni Cuaron ...
Old 03-08-2004, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

really? that's interesting...coz from what I've seen he has a different style from that of Cuaron
Old 03-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Maybe sa ano lang, sa movie, sabi nya, if i'm not mistaken, na gusto nya yung darker turn sa PoA ... Teka, tingnan ko kung mahanap ko yung interview. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

ah okay. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's weird coz GoF is a dark book and here comes Newell to direct it and he makes happy, fluffy movies. but whatever, I'm just glad we're getting GoF the movie! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

Newell believes that it's possible to take such an established franchise as the Potter films and make it your own. "Obviously, that's what you try to do. Chris Columbus made the first two, and those were a particular kind of film. Alfonso Cuaron is making the third, and it is radically different, and for me there is a story worth telling." Newell confirmed that the original children will be returning for Goblet. "But, whether (Daniel Radcliffe) will be back beyond this or not, I don't know. But he will be the same age as the character should be. The (other two kids) will (repeat their parts as well). But listen, one of the reasons to do it is that the way you literally make a film is that you take a subject and you hone it and you hone it and you hone it until it is an arrow, and it goes as straight as you can make it to the middle, if you can manage it, of the target. These stories aren't that at all. These are like Bollywood in that they're all singing, all dancing. They're like variety shows and you can have that spine to them, but, at the same time, you've got to hang the baskets of flowers off of the spine. That's a huge and very amusing challenge to take on."

He sees Goblet as "an absolute classic thriller. At the beginning, the antagonist, the anti-hero, the creature of supreme evil has a plan. He needs one tiny, tiny little thing from the boy: three drops of blood. Therefore he sets up this gorgeous piece of clockwork which will get him what he needs. And the boy, classically, starts, as all thriller heroes do, in complete ignorance, and then you watch him ratchet around until and he and the antagonist are in exactly the same place at the same time, knowing everything." Asked if there is one section of the book that, as a filmmaker, is especially irresistible for him to tackle, he is very clear and excited. "Yeah, the big denouement, the big shootout at the end is very exciting, not least because the antagonist starts as a kind of horrible foetus wrapped up in a bundle of rags and has to become this great looming presence. You have to transform it."

~ Full Interview

Yan na yata ang pinakacomplete na interview nya eh. So ayun ... Maybe we won't see the exact same style from him, kasi nga, very different directors sila, I guess we'll see kung paano lalabas itong PoA at kung paano nya gagawin yung GoF. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

Newell believes that it's possible to take such an established franchise as the Potter films and make it your own. "Obviously, that's what you try to do. Chris Columbus made the first two, and those were a particular kind of film. Alfonso Cuaron is making the third, and it is radically different, and for me there is a story worth telling." Newell confirmed that the original children will be returning for Goblet. "But, whether (Daniel Radcliffe) will be back beyond this or not, I don't know. But he will be the same age as the character should be. The (other two kids) will (repeat their parts as well). But listen, one of the reasons to do it is that the way you literally make a film is that you take a subject and you hone it and you hone it and you hone it until it is an arrow, and it goes as straight as you can make it to the middle, if you can manage it, of the target. These stories aren't that at all. These are like Bollywood in that they're all singing, all dancing. They're like variety shows and you can have that spine to them, but, at the same time, you've got to hang the baskets of flowers off of the spine. That's a huge and very amusing challenge to take on."

He sees Goblet as "an absolute classic thriller. At the beginning, the antagonist, the anti-hero, the creature of supreme evil has a plan. He needs one tiny, tiny little thing from the boy: three drops of blood. Therefore he sets up this gorgeous piece of clockwork which will get him what he needs. And the boy, classically, starts, as all thriller heroes do, in complete ignorance, and then you watch him ratchet around until and he and the antagonist are in exactly the same place at the same time, knowing everything." Asked if there is one section of the book that, as a filmmaker, is especially irresistible for him to tackle, he is very clear and excited. "Yeah, the big denouement, the big shootout at the end is very exciting, not least because the antagonist starts as a kind of horrible foetus wrapped up in a bundle of rags and has to become this great looming presence. You have to transform it."

~ Full Interview

Yan na yata ang pinakacomplete na interview nya eh. So ayun ... Maybe we won't see the exact same style from him, kasi nga, very different directors sila, I guess we'll see kung paano lalabas itong PoA at kung paano nya gagawin yung GoF. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for posting that Din! OMB, POA hasn't even come out yet and I'm already excited for GoF! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] the way he was describing it as a thriller and such...whee! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top