Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

OotP Movie Discussion: Warning ~ possible spoilers inside...

What are you most eager to see in the next film? What are you thinking about the actors cast as the new characters? Discuss!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm most eagar to see how Umbridge, Bella and Tonks are played. Finally we get some women characters in the forefront and I can't wait to see how they fit into the cast. It's getting so big now and there hasn't been one member of the cast that I don't think fits the part.

Oh and Luna! I how could I forget her. She's probably get the most attention of all the new members because she's so unique. I look forward to laughing my butt off watching her on the big screen. She's going to be great.

As far as scenes I'm most looking forward to Umbridge torchure scenes with Harry and the final scene when Dumbledore tells everything about the Prophecy while Harry rages. And the DoM scenes with the sextet will hopefully be a great ensemble sequence with Bonnie, Matt and Evana getting their time in the spotlight.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Extreme Fan

i can't wait. i know that the main cast is coming back, also the actress that plays percy, trawdowny and i believe that the guy that plays voltamort.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm looking foward to the whole dynamic between Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna. On the train, at the DA meetings and in the final battle.. I really hope they don't cut or rework these scenes so that they aren't in them.. I'm sure I still would like the movie but I like these guys all together. I also can't wait for neville to realise that he is a decent wizard and thats him and harry together in the end while the others are hurt or confused...

Oh and I hope they have the scene with the twin and umbridge.. When they leave hogwarts...

avartar by me
Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat
... when Dumbledore tells everything about the Prophecy while Harry rages.
That's pretty much the part I'm looking forward to the most. It's a crucial part and, if they get it right, the movie should be great.

Another scene I'm hoping makes it into the movie is when Harry "sees" Ron's Dad getting attacked.

One more thing ... Harry's Occlumency lessons with Snape.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I really want to see the scene when the twins leave Hogwarts and the final battle with the Trio and Luna, Neville and Ginny. As soon as I read those two scenes in the book I hoped they would be included in the movie.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Luna and Tonks are reaaaaally, reaaaaally big for me. I mean, I have really high expectations about how they'll be portrayed and everything. I really hope they've got lots of lines in the film.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nicholas Hooper confirmed to compose OOTP
HPANA recently reported that Nicholas Hooper will be composing the soundtrack for the next Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Warner Bros. confirmed yesterday to Film Music Radio that he will indeed be scoring the soundtrack for the fifth film.

In 2004, Hooper won the BAFTA for Best Original Score and was nominated several other times for prestigious awards.
So I guess John Williams won't be coming back then.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Too busy I suppose. But there's still two other movies after that so I still hold out hope.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist
So I guess John Williams won't be coming back then.
Looks that way.

I hope this new composer is better than the last. The score for GoF was pretty much a non-factor in the movie. It should help set the mood and/or tone. The most memorable part of the GoF score, IMO, was the music used for Durmstrang's entrance.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Movie 5 casting changes and announcements
Helen McCrory will no longer play the part of Bellatrix Lestrange in the fifth Harry Potter movie as she is currently pregnant and will be heavily so by the time they film the Ministry scenes. She is set to be replaced by Helena Bonham Carter. Helena played the part of Charlie's mother in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Apple Brook, who's appeared in stage, TV and film productions for more than 25 years, will portray Care of Magical Creatures substitute teacher Professor Grubbly-Plank.

Finally, the younger versions of Sirius, Lupin, and Snape (who all appear in "Snape's Worst Memory") will be played by James Walters, James Utechin, and Alec Hopkins, respectively.

Young Snape:

Also, Jason Piper will "play" the part of Bane the Centaur. Whether or not he'll simply lend his voice for the role, we don't yet know.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Jason Piper looks fantastic to play bane!

this movie is coming out on my birthday in australia im so excited
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 05-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
this movie is coming out on my birthday in australia
OMG, that's so exciting! what a wonderful birthday gift!!

"Of the many different lives that can be lived, which is the one that's going to inspire you?"- Naomi Barr
Old 05-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

WHo plays Umbridge?

I am excited to see all the scenes you guys have been talking about. I hope the movie is great

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy
Old 05-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Helena? Can't say I ever pictured her as Umbridge is that final? I like her as an actress so I supposed I don't mind. Harry is in his most angsty stage yet in this book it'll be interesting to see him so angry most of the time. I'm really excited to see them all fighting in the Department of Mysteries and of course Dumbledore and Voldemort dueling. Ahh I'm so excited.

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top