Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Matt continues to age like a fine wine.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Moderator Manager

He does.

Quote:
Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) will be on British TV screens in a new role, and this one might involve a little bit of alcohol. Why, you ask? He’s appearing on the latest season of the UK version of Drunk History!

Drunk History, as described by its IMDb page, can be summarized in one sentence:

UK comedians relate their favourite historical stories while drunk.

Although we can’t say for certain whom Matthew will be portraying in this booze-fueled adventure, we do know that his agency, Curtis Brown, has tweeted a photo of an advertisement currently displayed along a London Underground line.

Hosted by Jimmy Carr, the UK version airs on Comedy Central. (Its US counterpart by the same title airs on the American version of the same channel.) Viewers in the UK can catch Drunk History on Wednesday nights at 10 p.m.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Matt Lewis recently spoke to Time Out about his appearance in Comedy Central UK’s Drunk History. He also briefly discussed how much he appreciates Potter fans and how he’s been getting amazing opportunities because of it.They have also shared a new photo of him as Edmond Halley.

On Harry Potter fans: ‘The level of loyalty is indisputable,’ Lewis says. ‘They have stuck by us for so many years. They are the ones who paid our wages. I can’t deny the step up Neville Longbottom has given me. The scripts I’m being sent now by studios and networks in America I would never have a sniff at had I not been involved in Harry Potter.”

Who do you play in ‘Drunk History’? Edmond Halley, the English astronomer, who I think we all know for naming the famous comet. It’s a true story, but with a “Drunk History” twist. I was so thrilled I was able to do it. But I was kind of hoping they’d get me drunk.

So you’re in ‘Drunk History’ but you had to do it sober? What a letdown… I know. Let’s see if we can talk them into it for the next series. I’m off alcohol at the minute. I’m teetotal again.

When you’re on the bottle, what’s your drink of choice? I’m kind of boring. I’m a beer drinker. Lager. Boring. But I’d probably have to get gin involved at some point.

What kind of drunk are you? I’m very loud and I want everyone to listen to what I have to say. I’m quite reserved normally, especially when I go to events – I don’t bother or really even talk to many people. Then, as soon as I have too much to drink, I suddenly want to become friends with everyone. I just become a bit too friendly.

Do you have any drunk history of your own you’d rather forget? There was one terrible time. I went to the polo. It’s the most pretentious middle-class thing ever but it’s brilliant. I always get terribly drunk there. I saw Dean Andrews [the actor who plays DS Carling in ‘Life on Mars’] there and I recognised him because he’s famous… but he looks very much like a guy I used to go to football with years ago.

In my drunken state I bundled up to him, pushed past a load of people and said: “What the hell are you doing here? Who invited you?” He had no idea who I was and, bless him, he just tried to explain. He was like, “Well, you know, they just sent me a letter and invited me.” I said, “Ridiculous! They’ll invite anyone these days.” Then I just wandered off. He must have thought I was some complete maniac.

When was the last time you were really, really hungover? About a week ago. A couple of friends came over to visit me in America. It was Super Bowl Sunday. I had been invited to several parties but I’d been out the night before and I couldn’t move. I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t even get off the sofa. It was awful. Man, that was a pretty bad one. I don’t normally get that bad. It has to be a special occasion.

How well do you cope with a hangover? I’m more obnoxious hungover than I am drunk. I feel incredibly sorry for myself and I let everyone know about it. I feel like everyone needs to wait on me and look after me. I’m better when I’m genuinely ill. If I’ve got flu or a virus I’m much more tolerable.

Do you have a go-to hangover cure? Anything with bread and cheese. Pizza is always a good shout. The biggest stuffed-crust pizza you can find. When I was really trying to be healthy I’d immediately get up in the morning and make like a smoothie with spinach, broccoli, fruit and stuff. Remarkably it genuinely does help a hangover. But I can’t do that now. It tastes revolting, doesn’t it?
https://www.timeout.com/london/film/...s-indisputable

Old 03-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for sharing the interview, Lindsay!
Old 03-22-2017, 08:16 PM
Moderator Manager

You're welcome.

Matt looks weird in period clothing. Although along with him, I've also seen Dan & Tom in period dramas.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Upcoming con for Matt.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 04-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Little stop off at the spot where Wellington gave Bonaparte a damn good licking. (Photo care of @vlavla) #Waterloo #Belgium #PaxBritannica @trollslegendes

Old 04-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love that black/white photo of Matt; silly face!
Old 04-15-2017, 11:52 PM
Moderator Manager

His latest IG pic though. He's just standing there and I'm swooning over here.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

You can probably guess I am too.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm sure all the time though.

Lucky fan! 3 different shots though?

Old 04-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

She got a piggyback ride and a hug!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top